It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden hints at crisis AFTER Obama is elected

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Link to full audio of Bidens comments at the end of this article.

I have it downloading and have not listened yet. I thought others might appreciate the link to the audio in this report. It is at the end of the article.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What really concerns me with the naive aspects of Senator Obama, is when he declared that he would cease all STAR WARS programs, and also slow down the progress of Future Weapons Systems development. THAT is scary, as this Nation will be left absolutely Defenseless and behind China, Russia, and quite possibly Iran, if he implements such policies.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
nothing to see here

[edit on 21-10-2008 by magnetik]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deianera

Originally posted by Deianera
reply to post by Marid Audran

Anyone who thinks that such "changes" happen overnight or just because a person gets elected should read Jim Marrs' book, "Rule By Secrecy". To paraphrase him, if huge events occur seemingly "out of the blue", you can bet that it actually had been planned by the so-called "powers-that-be" for a VERY long time. WE DON'T HAVE TO BE SHEOPLE. Knowledge is power. Deianera

If there were such a thing as "TPTB", they would have stopped Obama from being elected in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deianera
reply to post by Marid Audran

Anyone who thinks that such "changes" happen overnight or just because a person gets elected should read Jim Marrs' book, "Rule By Secrecy". To paraphrase him, if huge events occur seemingly "out of the blue", you can bet that it actually had been planned by the so-called "powers-that-be" for a VERY long time. WE DON'T HAVE TO BE SHEOPLE. Knowledge is power. Deianera

I've made similar comments earlier on in the thread. Now, what gets me about this thread is that stuff like this would normally be a 'given' for people on a conspiracy forum but, due to the partisan, two party system of American politics, some people are blinded to what they'd normally think as being obvious.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What he is saying is that the same people that killed Kennedy will go after Obama. This is the CIA, The Military Industrial Complex, old power tools like Bush, Rockefeller, Rothschild, etc. They might not just assassinate him, they will most likely attack America again. Make it look like Al-CIAda did it and see if Obama has the balls to stand firm and not go after Iran or whatever country they plan on invading next.

They are going to flex their muscle and see what it will take to control Obama, test to see if he will be a good dog and do as they say. They will rely on republicans and the ignorant masses to influence and bully Obama into doing the wrong thing. People show their true pathetically afraid worthless selves during times of fear. Next year the dollar will collapse and so will the economy, the next decade is going to be hell on earth for 99.9% of us but the wildest dreams of the top .1% will come true.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
CQ Transcript: Colin Powell on NBC's 'Meet the Press' ....

Is this a warning or a Freudian slip?

< SNIP >

POWELL: I would start with talking to the American people and talking to the world, and conveying a new image of American leadership, a new image of America's role in the world.

The problems will always be there, and there's going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now.

< SNIP >

www.cqpolitics.com...

It seems Joe Biden has also delivered a 'warning to the world'. You can read Rayelan's commentary on this 'linked above'.

We will not call two warnings of this magnitude a mere coincidence. Something BIG is headed our way. Both Joe Biden and Colin Powell
are CFR members.

This year, the inauguration date for the new President of the United States will be January 20, 2009.

Colin Powell is stating rather definitively here - 'There's going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21rst or 22nd of Jaunuary.' And, Powell further comments: 'we do not even know about the crisis right now'.

Powell also states: "We’re going to meet our overseas obligations."

We know there are those in the current administration who sold false debt instruments to foreign countries which include Russia and China.
VK Durham, C. Story and even Casper have covered this in depth. These foreign debts have been hanging over America's head for some time now.

Will the imminent crisis mentioned here be financial (on a grand scale) ... or, will the crisis be something of even greater magnitude? We don't know.

Apparently, Colin Powell does know what this crisis will be. This is not a man who usually makes idle statements. Especially, when specific dates are given. It would seem he has perhaps received an internal briefing on this subject, and he was asked to leak this information to the public.

Colin Powell has also stated quite clearly - Obama (if elected) would be a 'transitional President'. The question is: what are we transitioning to?

When I hear the term 'crisis situation,' this always brings to mind - the very old and frequently used - 'Hegelian model'.

The statement made in this interview does not provide clear transparency. It certainly does wave a red flag which gets our attention. Joe Biden also waved a red flag with a warning.

This is a time to pray for our nation?!

Here is the link to the video of Powell making his strange prediction:

www.disclose.tv...

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If I was a gambling man, I would put my money on an event involving Putin and Russia. That guy is up to no good! It will probably be related back to Georgia in some way, shape or form. Putin's also been getting chummy with the Chinese again, handing a whole heap of land over to them recently. He's had war ships in the West Indies... nice and close to the US borders.

I smell a rat - and the rats breath smells of vodka!

IRM

[edit on 21/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This would be my guess: The Event!

The last aspect shows how, in the coming months, solutions to the crisis and to its various sequences (financial, economic, social and political) will increasingly diverge: what is good for the rest of the world will not be good for the United States (11), and now, Euroland in the first place, the rest of the world seems determined to make its own choices.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Okay, pardon me for not reading all 6 pages but its is 1:32am.

I don't think Biden is saying that he knows what event will occur. But I think he's saying that because of all the hype about Obama, you better be sure that there will be an orchestrated even to test his might. (yeah that was a mortal kombat reference, what? I'm a 90's kid.) I agree, I think there will be probably a few events. At least 1 of them being an assassination attempt. I have to be straight though, I think that if there's one place Obama WILL be able to hold up, it's international incidents. I'm unsure of his quality regarding economy and a lot of other issues, but in times of crisis I think he'll hold up quite well. I'm still not voting for him or McCain but I think the man has leadership quality.

I don't think Biden is hinting at something bigger than what he's saying. This is one of the few times I think a politician is being straight. I think the meaning of his statement is in exactly the words he said. Of course they'll need help from the citizens, but that's not saying he's inexperienced. When crisis occurred during this presidency Bush handled it with war. I don't think you'll see that from Obama and I think that's basically what Biden is getting at.

I think the statement is much more innocent than it seems, and mind you, I am not pro-Obama. But I am realistic, I can back that up by having reply posts that back McCains innocence in questionable statement, even though I think he's a war-mongering monster(and think Obama is a well trained liar).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

I can back that up by having reply posts that back McCains innocence in questionable statement, even though I think he's a war-mongering monster

Just, lol. Yeah ok man, you're the poster boy for objectivity...

I cant beleive there isn't more discussion about the fact Biden said Obama had no business getting on the job training in the white house. How can he be a disaster one moment than a super man messiah the next? Were did he suddenly get the experience to deal with a world event like that?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think people are over-thinking Biden's comments. The economic meltdown and America's overly aggressive international gamesmanship has put us in a uniquely vulnerable position. Other countries (and groups) can clearly see this. For our own survival as a nation we need to shift our focus to our economy and domestic issues. That shift is going to result in a re-shuffling of the international players (nations and groups).

As for star wars, etc. Look, do you really believe that all military systems are put forward becasue they make sense? Or more likely that they are massively profitable to the military-industrial complex? There is a limitless list of military technology on which we could spend money but we can't --- unless bankrupting the country is an acceptable result.

Ultimately there is a finite amount that we can spend without going belly-up. The question is, how much on military, how much on international 'aide', and how much on domestic needs. We've lost that balance and America has been significantly weakened as a result. We can't have everything. We need to choose. We need to find a workable balance or we are truly toast --- and no one will need to attack us (ask the USSR).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well he and his "team" were already called to the white house for a meeting with the fbi etc to make sure there isnt any hold ups...and he isnt even elected yet? Seems odd that none of the news reporters mentioned this being done for McCain?Did I miss that one....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
biden alone is one great reason not to vote for obama.

biden is an unparalleled buffoon, who only opens his mouth to change feet.

if palin uttered only one of the ridiculous, hallucinatory things this man casually remarks almost daily, she'd be roasted alive in the media, even more than she is now.

people seem to forget that when he was picked for v.p., he went on at length about how hillary would have ben a much better choice... red flag #1.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
the part that scares me the most... is when he says:

"Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

the only thing missing is " U.S " before the word generated! so basically prepare for a new cuban missile STAGED!!! event. This time again, involving the big bad red machine... pfff as for me, it all came clear when that russian soldier was interviewed on tv; saying that the images they were showing were from another location in Georgia... and that their government was involved in this strategic event! WOW The nightmare is here

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

“Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

I think the key words here are "a generated crisis" which will happen in LESS than six months. Especially when Colin Powell places a specific date to it of January 21-22...

I have often said that we are going to exit Iraq via Iran...And have read many articles (like the one below) say that if Obama is elected, Israel will get the green light from "W" to neutralize Iran's nuclear ambition...

www.newsmax.com...

And, as a poster above mentioned...the crisis may involve Russia...Russia has already indicated their support of Iran in the event of an attack on them...

www.iht.com...

This is a timebomb waiting to happen and I believe this is the crisis which Biden and Powell refer to in their remarks...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
wow, maybe obma picked the wrong mate. but anyhow, even if you people dont vote for obama. why vote for mccain. the guy clearly has issues and havnt you been watching the debates. i personally wantedd Ron Paul in there but seeing as thats not going to happen were stuck to choose the lesser of the two. and Obama hands down is better than mccain. (MY OPINION)

and why are some of you bashing democrats. nobody is making excuses for Obama. they were sinply stating there opinions on what they think Biden meant by him being tested.

besides that the republicans have been in the last 8 years and pretty much everything has went to shambles. even if thats what they were doing you hanve to give the new guy and democrats the benefit of the dought. now IF, thats a big IF, things start turning bad and stay that way for a good mount of time, then you can throw your fits and say see i told you Obama wasnt ready.

until you know more chill out and be open.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread. I got about half way down the page and it seemed like another absolutely delusional political thread. Biden obviously wasn't saying Obama was going to cause some crisis.

You'd really have to be some delusional dipstick to interpret it that way. Some people are just not streetwise about the real world. Do you actually think that a VP candidate would tell people that if you vote for their ticket they intend to cause a big problem? Do you have no common sense at all?

Sheesh. It's often amusing to see simpletons try to inject some self-serving meaning into something; some tortured interpretation of something someone said or did. But it's simply gotten to the point where it's impossible to have a rational, informed discussion about anything political in this country.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The only thing I'm taking from this an why they let it slip out I don't understand, but to me it sounds a lot like there's going to be a staged event to show the American/ world people that BO can handle a crisis that he can be a tough guy if he needs to be. But acting through a generated event and reacting to a Real event are two different things.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just for the record...I don't believe that the particular crisis I mention above will happen ONLY if Obama is elected...That is a moot point...

At some point in the future, I believe that Israel will neutralize Iran's nuclear ambitions...Whether Obama or McCain enter office...Israel has not attacked yet because they haven't been given a green light by the current administration...

IMO, if McCain wins, Israel will probably wait until he is in office to receive a green light...Or, like in the past, they may make a unilateral decision to do it anyway...

If Obama wins, Israel and the republicans have nothing to lose by neutralizing Iran...

So, no matter who wins the election, this crisis will happen at some point in the very near future...

With Obama, it just makes sense that it will happen sooner than later...And since "W" tends to hold a grudge (he wasn't too happy with Saddam attempting to shorten his father's life), perhaps placing Obama in a very tough situation during his first "few" days in office would be a "told ya so" to the American people...that is, if Obama stumbles...

[edit on 10/21/2008 by swdecord]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join