It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden hints at crisis AFTER Obama is elected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I don't know how many people here changed schools as a youngster, but I did it regularly. The new kid is always pushed some just to establish the pecking order. Other nations, and leaders, do the exact same thing to each new American leader that emerges when they have little history on him. Sooner or later the test comes.

With the limited amount of political history the world has on Obama, someone will step up and take a swing, of some sort, to measure his willingness to be firm. It is true that McCain might not face exactly that same testing, as most nations would expect him to act/react in the same manner as W has for the last eight years.

I am heartened to see that the Obama team has the foresight to recognize that such a thing is coming. It speaks well for our future that such thoughts and possibilities run through the minds of those responsible for framing a response.

And it is also a fact that the government runs such scenarios in "think tanks" all the time. Being mentally prepared for a wide variety of possibilities is not only prudent, but failure to consider such things is what the present administration has used as an excuse for the total lack of a plan when 9/11 happened.

I personally would rather our leaders expect trouble and be ready, than to do a double take and look shocked when TSHTF.

Being prepared for an incident is fine. I agree with you. Telling the people of the United States that within 6 months something WILL happen is telling the people that we know something is going to happen and that we are going to let it happen so we can see what Obama is made of.

As far as expecting trouble so as not to looked shocked when "TSHTF". I would expect anyone of us prepared or not to look shocked for a few seconds if something as horrible as 9/11 happened to us (and we all did have a look of shock on our faces). After all we all are human, including the POTUS.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Marid Audran

You would think that in opposing McCain, the 'test' would be of the military type. Also when he mentions JFK, that alone leads me to think that factions like the KKK are going to do their best to oust the first Black president as soon as possible, and 'they' know it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is more obvious than not. Biden says something like this because he is in the know, he has been serving as a CHAIRMAN ON THE COUNCIL OF FOREIGN RELATIONS... of course he knows what foreign policy the US will have no matter who is president. That un American group dictates the who what where when how why of the US oversees.
Heh, the same thing will happen if McCain is in office too... i still havent been able to distinguish a difference between mccain or obama yet, but im working on it. I believe mccain is also a member of the crooked CFR as well... small world no?
Its no coincidence, and it certainly is NOT within our best interest as American patriots to have any CFR affiliated candidate even speak.
wake the frick up

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Glen Beck has been talking about this on his radio show, the only outlet he has right now, since CNN threw him off the air immediately after finding out that he will be going to FOXNEWS in January:

Glenn Beck was ALL OVER this on his show today (btw, he was immediately pulled off the air at CNN Headline when news broke last Thursday he's going to FNC -- said he'll now be at Fox in January, right after the election).

This morning he warned his listeners that ObamaBiden & Co. are softening the proletariat for a further weakening of our rights with the next "crisis", real or manufactured. And the Fairness Doctrine will be among the first to be implemented to quell any opposition to their "crisis-related" anti-Constitutional clamp down.

Beck predicts that when the federal power seizing begins, some individual states will recognize the out of control power grab and when that happens... look out. Urged his listeners to read the Constitution, know the founding principles. Critical that we understand what needs to be protected. Because the time is coming when they'll try to take them away -- and Biden's speech this weekend is the warning.

Personally, I believe that the key statement that Biden made, and in effect, let the cat out of the bag, is the following:

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."

source:blogs.abcnews.com...

That certainly sounds like it is possible that Obama will be reinstating the draft, something that his supporters, like Charlie Rangle have been calling for, all along. I would be SHOCKED if he didn't reinstate the draft, and an International CRISIS, real or manufactured, would be a PERFECT reason to do that. Bush isn't the only politician that knows how to manufacture a crisis. LBJ fabricated the Gulf of Tonkin "Crisis", Clinton with the "Wag the Dog" Sudan operation, and Bush, as we all know, with Iraq and WMD's.

This is just Joe being so blunt that he let the cat out of the bag, because he just can't keep his mouth shut for two minutes. I
m sure he's been given a good tongue lashing by the campaign handlers over this one already.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
So basically, 4 or 5 scenarios that have been brewing whilst Bush has been in office will come to fruition in the near future, after the election and when Bush is swinging on his tyre somewhere and out of the office?

It's bound to be some sorry # that's about to hit the fan as Bush leaves a pretty crap legacy behind him with foreign relations all over the place and the country's economy gone to pot.

So, when the new guy is handed the broom to clean up - like the new guy is always handed the broom as they got elected on the promise of cleaning up - but the mess looks to be bigger than people realised, people are going to be pointing the finger at the new guy for not sweeping fast enough or hard enough?

What do people expect, that he really is Superman or something?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

Yup its been brewing for years. Bush just kept it patched together. The latest was the bailout. Not nearly enough.
Its going to take a good 2 years (if things last that long) to get our # back in order. People are going to hate Obama just as they did Clinton when he first was in office.
But one thing you have to consider. Being elected the first black man in office....Obama has a lot to prove. If he fails its not going to look good for blacks and the presidency.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is either the first installment of the O'Bama administration's fear-mongering campaign, or an admission of a self fulfilled prophecy, that Biden intends to stick his foot in his mouth on a global scale.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

True.

I also just don't see how this could be viewed as a good thing here.

Basically Biden is admitting that we are going to have hard times under Obama, and things won't be as peachy and bright as they have said. We will have to deal with the world "testing" this young, inexperienced man if he wins.

We won't have that with McCain though will we?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yes thats a pretty bizaree statement comming from him,what gives it credence is that Colin Powell made the same statement,sounds like they know something they aren't making public,typical case of keeping the citizens like mushrooms,keep them in the dark and feed them crap

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Treat them like a mushroom until the mushroom clouds bloom, as it were.

In all seriousness though, I expect that if Obama wins Israel will attack Iran within days of the election before Bush is out of office just to ensure that Iran will (hopefully) not have any nuclear capability during Obama's time in office.

I feel that perhaps that is what he was truly alluding to - either that or Russia might decide to pick back up a couple of wayward islands from Japan and US in the northern seas.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by TheRooster

True.

I also just don't see how this could be viewed as a good thing here.

Basically Biden is admitting that we are going to have hard times under Obama, and things won't be as peachy and bright as they have said. We will have to deal with the world "testing" this young, inexperienced man if he wins.

We won't have that with McCain though will we?

It's all about managing expectations. If Joe the senator comes out in advance and says... Hey, this guy's gonna be tested, and yes he's brilliant, but that damn Bush guy has just done so much damage, Barack may not be able to salvage this _________________ (insert your dire circumstance).

It's pro-active damage control, you're going to be hearing a lot about it in the coming weeks, months, and years because Joe Biden was right in the primary's, Barack aint ready, not yet, and he's letting us know once again.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
One other possibility is the opening and use of the FEMA camps under the Patriot Act. Look at this statement by Biden, and see how that would fit in:

And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Imagine if he started rounding up alleged "terrorists", or Muslims and shiped them off to FEMA camps. He certainly would need his people within the community to calm the unrest that would occur. Sounds a lot like the Bruce Willis movie "The Siege". Will this be another case of Life imitating movies?

Before saying that it can't happen, look at how a movie, "Shadow on the Land" was made in 1968, and in effect, foreshadowed 9/11, the Patriot Act and Homeland Security. That was truly amazing, so amazing that virtually every copy of that movie has been destroyed, and there are very few copies in existence. Read about it here:
www.imdb.com...

and click on "more" to see some of the reviews, including this one:

This is a movie that needs to be seen by everyone now. A fascist dictatorship takes over the country in an "election" when everyone is scared by events. No longer called the president, he is now "The Leader" (which is what Der Fuhrer means) and has taken emergency powers voted in by a panicked Congress (a la' The PATRIOT ACT) and has created a Gestapo called the Internal Security Force (Homeland Security). People can't pass from one part of the country to another without an internal passport, a la' the old Soviet Union (and the proposed national ID cards now). A small resistance called the Society of Man learns from a patriotic Air Force colonel that the INF is going to launch terrorist attacks to blame on the resistance to take even more control and erode public support for the Society of Man. No wander this movie is never shown on tv and isn't available on VHS

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well to punish voters for voting for Obama, I can't imagine a better way to punish voters by hassling Obama with a generated crisis.

Think about if for a moment. Who has the most to lose if Obama is elected?
Wealthy people. People like TPTB.

How will they make Obama look weak or incompetent? They generate a crisis.

Who has the power to generate a crisis? TPTB.

What do they hope to accomplish? They hope to establish the reality that Obama is a failure as a president by generating crisis after crisis to weaken his standing or prestige as president. They did it with Kennedy, a Democratic President with the Cuban missile crisis, for example.

They can do it through the military, the banks, the police, because they have the money.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I don't think the mythical "powers that be" will have to do anything for history to show that Obama was not ready to be President.

I just hope we don't have to find out the hard way.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Well to punish voters for voting for Obama, I can't imagine a better way to punish voters by hassling Obama with a generated crisis.

Think about if for a moment. Who has the most to lose if Obama is elected?
Wealthy people. People like TPTB.

How will they make Obama look weak or incompetent? They generate a crisis.

I hear what you're saying, but it's his own running mate doing the warning, does Joe have a vested interest in BHO's failure? You may be on to something here...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think if the mythical powers that be didn't want Obama to be president, he wouldn't be. That, however, is off of this topic.

What is very much on this topic is the idea that a very unpopular president has limited power as to what he can impose upon his own citizens - a very popular, however, can do whatever he wants and his subjects will thank him.

Or as Machiavelli so elequently wrote:

That prince is highly esteemed who conveys this impression of himself, and he who is highly esteemed is not easily conspired against; for, provided it is well known that he is an excellent man and revered by his people, he can only be attacked with difficulty. For this reason a prince ought to have two fears, one from within, on account of his subjects, the other from without, on account of external powers.

I am certain that there is a well worn copy somewhere always within arms reach (figuratively) of the new Prince.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The very election of Obama is a crisis...

So what kind of Nostradamusesque prediction is this anyway?

Biden...

Just wants to be the next LBJ anyway...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Israel depends on a strong President to stand by them in the looming face of nuclear Iran. I think with Obama in the White House, Israel would feel the need to be more proactive and go after Iran's nuclear facilities themselves. The threat then of a war between the two countries is very, very real.

If that were to happen, we would have Obama, the same man who fought so fiercely for defeat in Iraq, would be faced with 3 active wars. Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran.

Why, if Israel attacks Iran, does it automatically become a US war? I am sure there are those who would want the US to jump in but want and do are two different things. Could it be that the 'believed wrong action' that proves to be the correct decision is the US not jumping in against Iran.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Why, if Israel attacks Iran, does it automatically become a US war? I am sure there are those who would want the US to jump in but want and do are two different things. Could it be that the 'believed wrong action' that proves to be the correct decision is the US not jumping in against Iran.

I certainly don't feel that way. I feel if they attack while Bush is still in office he will do a laissez-faire "Oh I am a lame duck and can't really do anything" and let Israel take care of business.

In an Obama style thing, I would see them stepping in on the side of Iran and pressing for sanctions against Israel which the rest of the UN would quickly back.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

If Iran nukes Israel...there is going to be much unrest in religious circles. I don't know exactly what the bible says as i'm not very religious...but i do believe that when Israel is attacked..that is the beginning of the end. Sorry this is way off topic...just replying to last post.

I'm sure someone can verify if this is true or not. Like i said i'm not religous so i don't know...but my old man tells me this stuff sometimes.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the excuse of economic colapse and the Inability to do anything about it has already been implemented.

Isreal fights alone... this is a done deal, we will have to withdraw due to our own issues and when Isreal fires nukes... we get the remainders of those we oppose devestated, probably havoc in Russia too because if it asists or aids against Isreal it..will never be a super power again...

always I say... who is geting the oil, who benefits from this scenario the most? who's puppet are we really in seeing to it the "silk/oil road" between China and Europe is complete, the mideast and Russia fall?

China

It is highly convienient that the whole mideast is softened for a real inasion to "secure Peace/Oil" and that Iran, Russia and Isreal blow nukes...

as we have, paid for chinas rise, supplied it the oil, softened the region, set this all up, bough tons of thier crappy merchandise

all as our economy fails and we go into a place where... we have to withdraw and have every reason in the world (on paper) to have to back out of the whole situation...

very convienient... very convieninet indeed

only question I have is what the real deal is with Russia, does it take a few Isreal Nukes and China stands the region in as the main body of UN peace keepers... OR, does it occupy in alliance with China

I'm guessing the first...

But USA involved...

no, no, no... our own personal troubles appear at the very right moment now to assure we don't face down those who wil really wear the Blue UN turbans in the region after the Nukes fly

We will sacrifice Isreal to accomplish our goals, been the plan for decades

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join