It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden hints at crisis AFTER Obama is elected

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Exactly, you guys will have all kinds of excuses for why nothing is Obama's fault. When we tried to blame Clinton for early problems facing Bush the media told us to " move on". Of course, you guys couldn't be expected to live by your own rules. There is always a way to rationalize excuses for democrats!

link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Apparently he thinks he is Superman, didn't you watch the Obama McCain comedy roast?

Well, gee, I wonder why I actually made the comment about people believing he is Superman.

Also, I'm now wondering how to spin out my shaking my head into a 'two liner' rather than a 'one liner'.

link   
This (in the ABC docs) absolutely floored me.

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here,"

I'm sorry . . . but is this guy actually that dense . . . thick . . . or whatever you want to call it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm really not one for buying into conspiracies, I like this site because of the differant points of views on certain topics. However, what Biden said makes me a little weary. Basically what he said was that 1 out of the 5 scenerios will happen within 6 months and then we will see if Obama is ready to be president. Shouldn't he, as his VP pick have complete and total faith that Obama is ready? I read the whole article and at the end he saw news cameras there and said that he probably shouldn't have said what he did. I don't know if he said that as a joke, but I guess if Obama wins we will have to wait atleast 6 months to find out.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is pretty common for other nations to test the new kid on the block....China forced US planes out of the sky right after President Bush was appointed, President Bush backed off and never went back. China made their point.

If elected President Obama will certainly be tested on some matters...who knows what they will be. But it will happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
This (in the ABC docs) absolutely floored me.

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here,"

I think it is good. People need to face the fact of the reality of the mess that has been made. The change of leaders isn't going to change the situation on day one. Maybe it won't change it at all but some change of direction will probably help repair the situation. Anyone who gets surprised a foe testing the new leadership or waiting for the change over to act would seem be to quite out of touch with the world today. Seems like an opportune time.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wonder if this would be a different problem other than the one we already threw $2,000,000,000,000 or so at. Will there be anything left for him to nationalize when he is sworn into office?

Russian want more territory again, China just wants more. No problems there.

The real rub is every new president has something thrown his way the first few months to see the reaction. We still have 9/11 to deal with 8 years after the fact. Bush had been in office 8 months BTW, when that happened.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Basically what he said was that 1 out of the 5 scenerios will happen within 6 months and then we will see if Obama is ready to be president. Shouldn't he, as his VP pick have complete and total faith that Obama is ready?

You must have missed when Biden clearly stated, for the record, that Obama had no business being in the white house.

I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training".

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very well put Marcus

Its in clear sight that perhaps Biden has jumped ships.
Hopefully the American public will follow.

As to the rest of the Obama supporters .. instead of throwing yourself at Obama .. why not just throw yourself into on-comming traffic

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't know how many people here changed schools as a youngster, but I did it regularly. The new kid is always pushed some just to establish the pecking order. Other nations, and leaders, do the exact same thing to each new American leader that emerges when they have little history on him. Sooner or later the test comes.

With the limited amount of political history the world has on Obama, someone will step up and take a swing, of some sort, to measure his willingness to be firm. It is true that McCain might not face exactly that same testing, as most nations would expect him to act/react in the same manner as W has for the last eight years.

I am heartened to see that the Obama team has the foresight to recognize that such a thing is coming. It speaks well for our future that such thoughts and possibilities run through the minds of those responsible for framing a response.

And it is also a fact that the government runs such scenarios in "think tanks" all the time. Being mentally prepared for a wide variety of possibilities is not only prudent, but failure to consider such things is what the present administration has used as an excuse for the total lack of a plan when 9/11 happened.

I personally would rather our leaders expect trouble and be ready, than to do a double take and look shocked when TSHTF.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

It pays to be a realist -- in private. Given the intense climate of fear, atop the surging financial issue, adding fuel the fire is not good politics as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I HATE when politicians use "gonna" and "wanna". It's either pandering to the ignorant, or they've just become that dumb. whatever happened to speaking eloquently?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think some of you are missing some of the other points Biden made with this.

He is acknowledging that Obama will be tested soon after his election. He is also trying to prepare people for Obama's mismanagement of said crisis. He said repeatedly that they would need people to stick with them, and acknowledged that it wouldn't be apparent at first they they were right. He mentioned that their numbers would get really low, and that he wanted people to remember how they felt about Obama now, rather than then.

What Biden is doing is coming out now and trying to lay the groundwork so they can go back after things get really bad and say, "we told you so."

We can't afford to take a chance on Obama. Not now.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
He is also trying to prepare people for Obama's mismanagement of said crisis.

He said repeatedly that they would need people to stick with them, and acknowledged that it wouldn't be apparent at first they they were right.

Huh. Doesn't that means it wasn't mismanaged but people would think it was. At some point it would be apparent that it was managed correctly.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Its as if they don't want to get the Bush treatment. After 7 years of torpedoing everything he said or did, they are afraid it will come back to bite them.

reply to post by roadgravel

Huh. Doesn't that means it wasn't mismanaged but people would think it was. At some point it would be apparent that it was managed correctly.

Do me a favor and deny ignorance for just a few seconds. Tell me how ATS would react if this same point came from Bush?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Kind of.

He is saying that he thinks whatever they do will be right, but we won't be able to tell. It will look like they are doing things wrong and people won't like them. Which is fine I guess if you believe that Obama can in fact make the correct decisions. I don't.

Biden is so full of himself though it's hard to tell.

I especially liked it when he put down everyone else by saying that he had forgotten more about foreign policy than most people knew.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Has any one even considered that no matter who wins the election there is a always a winner(s), many companies that support candidates donate to both to secure there standing with both parties.. inactuality there is only one party .. the republictat party, two "dislike" parties working to push a agenda, if the way congress has been behavng hasnt tipped you off to this then you need to open your eyes.

FOr instance this bail out bill, they start off by introducing a totally insane bill, then they dont pass it.. so they load it up with all the favorite things, and then pass it against the will of the people.. this was both the republicand and democrats.. like i said the republicrats

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

Pakistan a target for the US army???

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Honestly, and this is only my opinion, I think the first test Obama will face will be a war between Iran and Israel.

Israel depends on a strong President to stand by them in the looming face of nuclear Iran. I think with Obama in the White House, Israel would feel the need to be more proactive and go after Iran's nuclear facilities themselves. The threat then of a war between the two countries is very, very real.

If that were to happen, we would have Obama, the same man who fought so fiercely for defeat in Iraq, would be faced with 3 active wars. Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran.

That's not where I want to be with an Obama president.

Then again, this is only speculation.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
reply to post by nyk537

To the contrary, this is one more reason to vote FOR him.

If this predicted crisis is not generated by pawns of the GOP purely to test Obama himself, but is instead an honest crisis (of which W has left many brewing), then at least Obama will decide on a course of action and stick to it, unless concrete evidence comes along to dictate a change.

Believe me, we're well aware of Obama's tendency to waver and flip flop, depending on which way the polls are running.

On topic, practically every new leader is tested by the world. This is nothing new, except that it shows a lack of confidence in Obama's ability to handle a crisis. His lack of experience is frightening.

Otoh, the candidates were recently briefed on international affairs, and it may just be Joe Biden bragging that he is "in the know".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join