It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warship 'Catches Fire in Persian Gulf'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

US Warship 'Catches Fire in Persian Gulf'

www.presstv.com

A vessel belonging to the US Navy has reportedly caught fire in the northern Persian Gulf near the Iraqi port cities of Al-Bakr and al-Amaya.

Informed military sources said on Monday that the UN Navy had secretly moved the vessel to the coasts of Kuwait after the fire broke out, Iran's Arabic-language TV channel Al-Alam reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The sources did not rule out the possibility that a blast had started the fire on the vessel that was said to be "one of the four US warships in the region," the report added.

The US military has not yet commented on the report.

This is very odd considering that the ship is mostly steel and flamables are usually contained and safegaurds in place.

They havent ruled out an attack but how can you attack an american war ship?

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It doesn't say its a warship.
"A vessel belonging to the US Navy"
It could be an old crappy boat for something specific.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Informed military sources said on Monday that the UN Navy had secretly moved the vessel to the coasts of Kuwait after the fire broke out, Iran's Arabic-language TV channel Al-Alam reported

The thing that caught my eye was the UN NAVY - is that a typo or should I encapsulate myself in tin foil?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

How is it odd? Have you forgotten about a fire on an aircraft carrier heading towards Japan?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Nope its not a typo cause you see that the N on the keyboard is far from the S that is on the far left of the keyboard. I would believe it was a typo had it been UA, UD, UZ, UX, or UW.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

unsd.macrossroleplay.org...

Naval Air Engineering Artificer (4 years training)
The UN Navy don't just operate Variable Fighters, but regular aircraft and Helicopters both on land and at sea. They also have space shuttles and other spacegoing vehicles. Naval Air Engineering Artificers maintain and repair, all of the non-mecha vehicles, other than the Warships themselves. The work covers all aspects of repair on non-transformable aircraft and helicopters from airframes to engines, hydraulics to flying controls, and fuel systems to radio equipment, weapons and electrical systems. This Naval Air Engineering Artificer is NOT a Mecha Mechanic.

No clue what that means. Space Shuttles and other spacegoing vehicles?

Poorly written w/ typos indicates baloney but this was interesting: note the phrase "and it's sister colonies".

Throughout history many people have 'run away to sea', and in the modern era many still turn towards the Ocean, and choose to join the UN Navy. Although it doesn't get the publicity that its larger cousing the UN Spacy gets it is still a large and influential members of the UN Armed Forces ensuring the safety of the oceans and sea's of Earth and its sister colonies.

Ahhh, sure then. UN Spaceships are currently protecting ie engaging in intergalatic war to protect the sister colony Shaniqua? See you when you land back on Earth Commander.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Could it have been a fuel or weapons explosion?

If it was an weapons explosion, then surrounding ships would have to be moved away in case additional weapons started blowing up

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

You are right. I can find no name for the warship. They did not say a carrier.
Could be a row boat.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
It doesn't say its a warship.
"A vessel belonging to the US Navy"
It could be an old crappy boat for something specific.

If you would have read the article, it states that it is "one of the four US warships in the region". Just like the OP posted in his second post.

Maybe you should read before you post.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Might wanna check out the main homepage of the site you found that 'UN Navy' stuff, and the spaceships..

its a bunch of geeks pretending.
Not to say it doesn't exist, I'm just saying I don't view that site as anything to take notice of.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
yes, you are correct about the UN Navy stuff I posted. I thought it was bad info due to the hilarious amount of typos, but I thought I'd throw it up as it had some funny references - note my joke about returning to earth...

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
This is very odd considering that the ship is mostly steel and flamables are usually contained and safegaurds in place.

Uhm, no they aren't. They have huge bits of aluminum on them, if not most of the hull being aluminum, with steel mixed in.

Any other sources to this? The only place I can find anything on this "event" is presstv.com. Every other place that mentions it goes right back to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
No news at all on this on the major outlets. Anyone have anything new they can add? I'd like to know more about this but its not getting any "play" anywhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Accidents happens all the time during both Peacetime and Wartime OPS. There could have very easily been a fire due to an Electrical Short, Wiring Issues, The Galley, etc. However, coming from an Iranian News Source as this story is, lends no credibility whatsoever to the article.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by deltaboy

unsd.macrossroleplay.org...

No clue what that means. Space Shuttles and other spacegoing vehicles?

Poorly written w/ typos indicates baloney but this was interesting: note the phrase "and it's sister colonies".

Ahhh, sure then. UN Spaceships are currently protecting ie engaging in intergalatic war to protect the sister colony Shaniqua? See you when you land back on Earth Commander.

ColoradoJens

Sorry but that's a Macross site. Macross is a Japanese science fiction Mecha anime.

It has nothing to do with the original post, unless 1 Iranian is a Macross fan and made a typo

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes, I realize how dumb I look. I googled UN Navy and this was the first post...I realized right away it was worng, but again, some funny stuff in it. I exepct to receive a couple more slaps on this one. I still stand by my original post in asking - is it a typo and what is the UN Navy?

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join