It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The CIA infiltrated state government"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"The CIA infiltrated state government"

www.brasschecktv.com

The CIA is not supposed to operate inside the United States.

Yet, they have their own permanent agent in the Minnesota governor's office.

This is according to former Minnesota Governor Jessee Ventura.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A very interesting video interview with Former Minnesota Governor Ventura that I just came across. The ramifications of his words, if true, are incalculably dangerous to Liberty and Freedom. Makes me think, with everything else going on, that America has it's head in a noose and is waiting for someone to pull the trapdoor handle to send us off to our neck snapping DEATH.

Just my opinion, tell me what you think, is he lying?

www.brasschecktv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't think Jesse Ventura should be speaking out about this, or anything else he knows.

This can make him an enemy combatant/treason/etc... Or he could simply just disappear if he upsets the wrong person.

Freedom fighters need to be careful.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would say that he would be one of the "smaller" fish they have tapped up. Conjecture of course, but don't you think they know pretty much everything that goes on in the higher echelons through bugging. The amount of blackmail material alone.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Duhh!
Of course he's right.

I suppose it is a shock to most that don't get what it is the CIA does.
They are the central repository of intelligence.
They can operate inside our borders openly if they are investigating influences from some foriegn source. They all take oaths to protect the US from both foreign and domestic sources. That is in their charter.

All American petro-chemical companies have many, many CIA sponsered, assets, as that industry is world wide, can go anywhere in the world, and is always being influenced by foreign powers.

The banking industry is also a very popular place, as is any and every branch of the government which let's money out for any program.
And now, obviously, all state governments.

They always make sure they are within the letter of the law, but they never make any obvious declarations of where they are working. They must maintain a deniable presence, not so much for legal reasons as it is for intelligence reasons.

It is no doubt a very fine line they try and walk, but you can bet that when someone is exposed, it is because it has been sanctioned.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I searched for and got lost on the CIAs very interesting site and posted to the 'other' thread, I will not repeat my work and subsequent LONG post, but, I urge you to take a minute and read their current and ongoing mission statement, it really does make sense in the world we live in today.

They are the ones who gather information, they have to be allowed access to get the info out unlike in the past, the red tape was rediculious.

There is a balance in all things.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree we need security and information gathering is pat of that. But I also think we need freedom more. The CIA was chartered to never be used in the U.S. but they are here and look at the CIA's track record..

Osama Bin Laden links, crak coc aine links, poppy/herion links Back Ops, torture of people etc etc. I think like Jack and Bobby Kennedy, the CIA is BAD and should not exist as it is but should never be inside the U.S.

We have a system of Rule of Law, we heard this phrase a lot under Clinton from Reps, well the LAW is clear on the CIA and where they can go and what they can do. They have WAY overstepped their bounds and let's never forget those famous words "Those who give up Liberty for Security will get neither".

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You know what's ironic? Even though DimensionalDetective's topic was made after your's and closed, it will probably still get more flags than your topic. Talk about "denying ignorance"...

I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA has been inside state government ever since the CIA was created.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
HA HA when did the CIA ever follow the rules of engagement during counter intelligence gathering?

I'd like to redirect your attention to www.cia.gov ... check out the library
under freedom of speech. Click on the "Family Jewels" to read how often in the past the CIA has conducted illegal operations inside the good or is that bad USA.
[edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer]

[edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As I see it, in the past the terror network was operating outside the US and now it is 2nd 3rd generation infiltration and the CIA knows it, they HAVE to be able to work with the community now, I think that as long as it is open and honest, it can help keep us safe.

As for Kennedy and the other examples, no real proof.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

What good will freedom be when we the infadels live in a country contaminated by dirty bombs and a wasteland?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

LOL thanks for that flag comment, OH WELL... The thing I find ironic is that mine is nearly two months older, why is it taking other sites and such to get this story is someone stifling it at MSM level? Maybe the CIA?

They were in my opinion in long before the CIA, I am sure the predecessors like the OSS was inside everything...

[edit on 12/12/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You know what though, and I am sure you've heard it before, I fear my government more than some terrorist. And the odds surely are behind me, I am more likely to be arrested and tasered and jailed for no seat belt than die by terrorists.

I am more likely to be on a government hit list than a terrorist one, which is a misnomer as parts of our government are terrorists, like the CIA.

I am more likely to be rounded up and put in a camp than to be killed by terrorists

I am more likely to have all my mail read, phone convo's taped, and garbage riffled through than die by a terrorist.

Don't get me wrong I do want security but I don't wan it at the cost of my freedom or privacy or Rights...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Here's a question for debate, is the CIA non-partisan or is it Republican?

link   
If you would let me "nit pick" a few points, of course the CIA has offices in the U.S. Prior to the creation of the Director of National Intelligence, the DIRECTOR OF THE CIA WAS THE DIRECTOR of national intelligence, a whole new agency created after 9/11 to give the American people the impression the Bush White House was taking terrorism seriously. The CIA was formed as an over site to all the U.S. civilian and military intelligence agencies. (call it post-pearl harbour syndrome). The CIA is not supposed to act internally but some times will free lance, in other words engage in action on behalf of say the FBI or the Army in such a manner to create "plausible denial".

The CIA is not supposed to by statute engage in intelligence operations in the U.S. Of course, it does. Once given power, very few give it away willingly. Anyway, the way the system operates it would be quite cumbersome NOT for the CIA to have operations in the U.S. Hell, they controlled AT&T and IT&T for decades.

link   

Originally posted by antar
As I see it, in the past the terror network was operating outside the US and now it is 2nd 3rd generation infiltration and the CIA knows it, they HAVE to be able to work with the community now, I think that as long as it is open and honest, it can help keep us safe.

As for Kennedy and the other examples, no real proof.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG......

Oh yeah, did I say WRONG?

That is what the Federal Bureau of Investigation is for! Period. The CIA has had a very nasty history of fraud, corruption and manipulation. Not always in the best interest of this nation either. Most of the time it is in the best interest of the highest bidder.

Now, I'm not saying all CIA people are bad. I would say the bulk are very good people. Patriots actually. But the few bad seeds can sure screw things up for everyone.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

AMEN, and those FEW BAD SEEDS are usually near the top somehow...

I just won't give up my Rights for some supposed security. I wrote an Op-Ed on one of my sites that was very well received, it was called, 290 Million Suspects. Obviously written after the Patriot Act but the gist of it was that the only people who benefited from 911 was intel agencies. And the Patriot Act is pretty much the enabling act of Hitler so I decided to write about it.

There was about 290 million people in the U.S. then and after 11 it seemed that all the new laws allowed spying on Americans in their every move. That made it seem to me that after 911 when the government went to get the terrorists and passed laws to allow them to they considered all 290 million Americans as Suspects because it is US that they ar spying on. They were before that but it wasn't codified in the law then...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

CIA is very partisan they do ALL things for the benefit of and for the profit of the Central Intelligence Agency.

They usually take actions that are not in th interest of America and quite frankly has gotten us into more trouble in the world than stopping...

They are partisan, they do whatever they want to whomever they want...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How right you are. Many people who worked in intelligence could have made much more money, not to mention having to sometimes deal with, to be polite, very unpleasant working conditions. And I'm not talking lightweight waterboarding here... Most are flag waving patriots but also fair and honest. They don't preach patriotisim but demonstrate it in how they behave. A true patriot does not have to abuse the constitution.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Going back to Jesse "The Body" Ventura for a moment, does him being a former wrestler make him less credible? Take this for instance, Yes he was a wrestler, and an actor but he was also an elected Governor and from what I understand did a pretty good job. How many independents can you say that about? Oh yeah, lest I forget, he was also a Navy Seal. He never seemed to have lost his way, and he has spoken the truth on many things others wouldn't. I would say he is a courageous man. The people that first buck the system are always labeled terrorists or traitors. But I know the military has an oath as well, something along the lines of fighting our nations enemies both foreign and domestic. Well, just because someone is an elected official, they are still Americans and still have the ability to commit treason. The only difference is the position of power they hold, and the ability to have the person arrested. Until enough evidence comes out that proves the official was a traitor. It hasn't been innocent until proven guilty for decades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join