It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me. Scientology is after me, I need help.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ

AMEN!! And to further prove the point, the OP joined 10-20, made this thread.. came back the next day and hasnt been back since. * sigh * Maybe they got her

I suspect it may have been a case of someone posting and not getting the replys that she was looking for and decided to go elsewhere. Only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You know, I would rather be thought a fool on a anonymous discussion board than to glibly ignore a plea for help from someone who may actually be in real trouble.

When we read the breaking news forum about horrible things that have happened to kids we all scream for blood. We all shout, "why didn't anyone do anything?" Well, here's someone who found a way to remain anonymous while still reaching a broad base of potential help for her dire situation.

I didn't hear her asking for money. All she asked for was help. If she was just attention seeking and using a public site, she could have created another user name and logged on with some other attention-seeking ploy. I'm fairly alarmed that she has not logged back on after saying that she'd rather die than go back to her horrible situation.

For the record, if people are threatening to kill themselves, death can usually be prevented by taking them seriously. Even if they're just looking for attention, for god's sake give them some attention. How desparate do you have to be to prefer death over invisibility?

I'm fairly disgusted by the responses to this cry for help.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Don't you think you're being just a little naive in this particular situation? Memory alteration machine? Right.

There's no way ATS was anywhere near the top of Google's results if this person was searching for any sort of useful service to contact. I'm just not buying that someone could possibly believe a conspiracy message board could help them escape from an abusive cult holding them captive. Police sure, woman's shelter yup, children's services great, Above Top Secret, uhh.. no.

But hey, in the astronomically off chance that you're legit, little miss; here are some real resources that can and will help you.

Boys Town Hotline (not just for boys)
Be Friends World Wide - List of hot lines state by state
Covenant House
2nd Floor Youth Hotline
1800RunAway
USA Child Abuse Help Line

Any of those will be more than eager to help someone in this sort of situation, assuming it's not a bad joke...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I sincerely apologize if you were disgusted by my post. I understand and applaud your thoughts and rationale. I would like to explain mine. I sat and debated this thread in my head when it first came out. ( In hindsight I probably should have avoided it the second time i saw it. )

My first thoughts were , what a scary situation for a young girl if this is genuine. Then i read it again. And again.

Originally posted by cryforhelpI found this website looking for help

And then i googled :

Scientology escape

help from Scientology

youth assistance from Scientology

child help from religion

Aid teenagers from cult

And not ONCE did ATS pop up in my results . Not once. How does one realistically stumble on ATS when looking for assistance being a young girl under 18 trying to flee Scientology? It doesn't add up for me.

I understand a great deal more about suicide / attempts than i care to elaborate on . Trust me, they seldom post on a message board . They just do it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

The Police in Clearwater, Florida, are known to work while off-duty for Scientology Headquartes, which is located in Clearwater, Florida. You can go online and check out the St Pete Times for articles on this subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm not being naive or gullible. Haven't we had threads on this very forum about being able to erase memories? Information backed by MSM? I have seen a program that exposed scientology and in it was the specific mention of young girls being taken advantage of by this group.

Now, I don't for a moment think that's what's going on with the OP but even if it's all a load of codswallop, a polite pointing in the right direction toward help would be preferrable to saying, "BS!" and sending her on her way. For that, Wally Conley, I thank you. She asked for help and you pointed it out.

I know we've had a lot of hoaxers, liars, attention-seekers and drug-crazed whack jobs but I would hope our humanity would rise above our skepticism in situations where someone's life could actually be in danger.

ATS, of all places, should be a place where outlandish claims can be discussed rationally and without fear of ridicule. This bunch is pretty good at ferreting out falsehoods. I believe it can (and has in the past) been done without resorting to insensitive and immature tactics.

We have no way of knowing; proving or disproving such a claim. Would it not be better to err on the side of decency?

If her story is even partially true then I hope she finds the help she seeks and that she stays safe out there.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That MSM article, was about a drug which wiped the memory of rats. A drug whose mechanism of action isn't known and is decades from application; assuming it doesn't just give the individual brain damage to achieve it's end. A memory alteration device is still in the distant realm of science fiction.

You really couldn't be more off in your analysis of the situation and the same goes for how you're attempting to frame it as being as legitimate as any other "cry for help", it's not.

Trying to prove or disprove the claim is entirely irrelevant, it's simply not necessary when presented with such obviously disingenuous information.

When you find someone whom is in earnest need of assistance, there's no debating it at face value I assure you. You don't get elaborate back stories offered up front, especially when what's being claimed is extreme psychological trauma or torture.

Also completely neglecting the fact that almost nothing this person has said is even vaguely consistent with Scientology's belief system. Any individual invoking a degree of common sense here will have no problem arriving at the same conclusion.

Although, as you say, perhaps my humanity isn't sufficiently evolved to identify life threatening situations in contrast to utter BS.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

A memory alteration device is still in the distant realm of science fiction.

ECT

[/quoteAlthough, as you say, perhaps my humanity isn't sufficiently evolved to identify life threatening situations in contrast to utter BS.

I'm sure you can answer that dilema better than I.

It's a moot point now since she hasn't logged on in a while. She's either ROFLHAO at the gullibility of CT's or biodegrading in a dumpster somewhere. I would rather she know that there are people "stupid" enough to care what happens to their fellow man and get a good chuckle out of our "naivete" than to reach out in desparation for help only to find skeptics turning their backs.

This thread has apparently been successfully debunked. Congratulations to all for your quick acumen. Go about your business, citizens; there really is nothing to see here.

Since we're done, I'm sure no one will mind if I sit quietly in the corner and silently hope that she's able to log back on.

edit to add those pesky quote thingies.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
lol
"inb4 i heard you guize like mudkipz"
The op will get it
..Dont feed the trolls

Oh man Im an oldie and I get it- ROFLMAO

new topics

top topics