It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry . . . this is sheer stupidity . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Crank up the printing presses . . . again

"With the economy likely to be weak for several quarters, and with some risk of a protracted slowdown, consideration of a fiscal package by the Congress at this juncture seems appropriate," he said in prepared testimony.

So . . . rob the taxpayer (actually some future taxpaying generation, if we make it that far) to get some cash in the hands of folks who will spend it to bolster the economy.

I must be daft . . . but spending more of what you don' t only leads to a bigger problem, n'est pas?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am not sure how they can save the consumer society in america. If americans are tapped out, will you lot keep spending, for ever?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I am not sure how they can save the consumer society in america. If americans are tapped out, will you lot keep spending, for ever?

as with anything, looks can be decieving, and so can the media. contrary to popular belief, there are quite a few of us that are middle class and NOT in dire financial straits. with my family and relatives, we all have paid off our mortgages and have our assets in cash instruments, along with very few outstanding debt obligations. i know how the rest of the world sees us as fat, smiling, optimistic fools, but there are quite a few average americans that actually understand what is going on. now saying this, i can't control that, which i have no control over, but i'm as prepared for what might happen down the road, in as much as i can be. propaganda works both ways. and i would much rather have everyone think i'm a fool, because it is amazing what you can accomplish, when you are summarily dismissed, thus blending into the backround of the "sheep".

join