It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one in the lancashire area of the uk? notice increased aircraft activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I live in the north west of the UK and over the last 24 hours there seems to be an increase in aircraft activity varying from helicopters to fighter jets....i know that warton is about 15mins from were i live and that blackpool airport is close by but as i am typing this there are anouther two fighter planes in the sky...

anyone elso noticing any activity?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thats pretty crazy. Have you researched if there were any drills taking place in your area? Thats the only reason they should be flying like that. The only time I have seen what you are describing is when they were drilling and on 911 when the fighter jets were flying over our city to NYC. Keep us posted. I am interested in whats going on.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I live in Lancashire too.

I've not seen anything unusual though to be honest.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
3 more helicopters now have just gone over Preston.... Is this linked with exercises in wales?

Am i the only one noticing them?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
3 more helicopters now have just gone over Preston.... Is this linked with exercises in wales?

Thought that ended on 16th? could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100

Am i the only one noticing them?

I've recorded the sound of 20 helicopters over our house, I'll upload the audio for you when it's been transferred from reel - reel to dvd.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Unusual. Check papers or tele, perhaps. It could just be a drill delay or perhaps a relcation. THat, or it could be much more sinister.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I live in Nottingham, UK and weekend of 17-19/10/08 was up walking in the Lake District with pals. There was an unusual amount of low level flying going on; namely the Tornado GR7 (I think), and when I asked a few locals in Keswick (where we were staying) they said it was unusual to have so many going past, particularly on the Friday. I counted 5 low level fly-bys myself. Not entirely conclusive enough for me to say it's ''odd'' as such. But, yes, to answer your question, I did notice a lot of fighter aircraft activity that weekend.

I'm former RAF myself, and have understood that sorties happen randomly and are sometimes not subject to any schedule as such. It was a little perculiar though.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

Hey Jibbs, I'll trade ya a half gallon of african wine for that reel to reel,
then I will transfer them and do the upload.....say like... in about a year or so.......

Ian:
we want your next post at ATS to be in the (other) thread you started...we wont forget..at least tell us you dont have em.

those aircraft , most likley training missions.
Edit to add: (other)

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Zeptepi]

top topics

join