It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halperin: Media Bias This Campaign Doing Democracy a Disservice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm extremely surprised to see this from a Time Magazine editor, but here it is!

newsbusters.org...

Time magazine's Mark Halperin on Sunday made one of the strongest insider indictments to date about how the Obama-loving media have behaved during this presidential campaign.

Talking with CNN/Washington Post media analyst Howard Kurtz about the "clear, unambiguous double standard" concerning how differently Barack Obama's fundraising and flipflop over taking public campaign funds would be covered by the press if he was a Republican, Halperin boldly stated that any reporter who doesn't ask why that is "is doing themselves and our profession and our democracy a disservice."

I cant remember the number of times I was told that I'm just a neocon and thats why I think there is a bias. I've warned people that this is basically the first media coup of an election and still they dismiss it. Now a left wing Time Magazine editor has come out and said there is a bias. Maybe now people will start to wake up.

If people don't snap out of it soon, they will have a democrat controlled white house, congress and media. Nothing good can come out of that sittation.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It could hardly be worse than the Republican White House, Senate and House we have had during the last eight years. Rubber stamping the Bush administrations handouts to corporations and dangerous deregulation led us right where we are today. I find it humorous that you warn us of a Democratic controlled government after the performance of the Republicans.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

So, let me get this straight. Republican controlled government bad, Democrat controlled government good? On top of that a democrat controlled media?

I just don't see how that is going to work. Who will call the democrats on bad decisions? Who will be in the press core to stick it to Obama everyday like they have for bush the last 7 years? There will be absolutely nothing to stop whatever the democrats want to do. It could even lead to conflict in this country.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Both sides have their various mouthpieces. The Democrats have CNN and MSNBC, the Republicans have Faux News. However, I do agree Media Bias and what passes for "News" these days has killed America.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Check it out, even Dan Rather is admitting it.

newsbusters.org...

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Well, let us just say it's surprising, and I would just throw it back to you-all and tell you what the McCain campaign is saying this morning, and what a lot of Republicans, they're asking really a question: what if Sarah Palin had said electing John McCain would create an international crisis because of his age. Would that be above the fold on the front page of the New York Times, the Washington Post? Would that be a lead story? We've got somebody who's an expert in the media who I think, Mika, knows a lot better than we do, Dan Rather. Dan, talk about the double standard. Are there times that you would cover this story differently if Sarah Palin said it rather than Joe Biden? Not you, but the media.

DAN RATHER: Well I think the point is well taken, Joe, that certainly if Sarah Palin had said this it would be above the fold in most newspapers today.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Check it out, even Dan Rather is admitting it.

newsbusters.org...

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Well, let us just say it's surprising, and I would just throw it back to you-all and tell you what the McCain campaign is saying this morning, and what a lot of Republicans, they're asking really a question: what if Sarah Palin had said electing John McCain would create an international crisis because of his age. Would that be above the fold on the front page of the New York Times, the Washington Post? Would that be a lead story? We've got somebody who's an expert in the media who I think, Mika, knows a lot better than we do, Dan Rather. Dan, talk about the double standard. Are there times that you would cover this story differently if Sarah Palin said it rather than Joe Biden? Not you, but the media.

DAN RATHER: Well I think the point is well taken, Joe, that certainly if Sarah Palin had said this it would be above the fold in most newspapers today.

Also maybe it would be headline news because Palin is McCain's running mate?

top topics

join