It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the year of a 3rd party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let's face it, this will be two elections running where a nice chunk of people do not like the two major candidates. Some people like what Bush has done abroad, but dislike a many of his domestic plans. Also, Bush has this goober appeal that some people love and others loathe. He is not a universally accepted president though. There is a nice sized population who flat out don't like him, both Demmys and Repubs get in on it.

Kerry has a few good ideas, but thats it...only a few. The attacks on him are working and driving people away from voting for him. The "flip-flop" issue can be said for anybody, but Kerry seems to have a huge, disproportionate amount of them. Also, his harping on the Vietnam issue is not helping anything for him. He doesn't have a great or even good face. He is a Washington Veteran. (Not good.) He doesn't have that good of a plan on international policy. The only thing I have heard out of his camp is that he would pull out of Iraq. That's it. I seriously thought after the primaries, he would "unleash" a plan, but none really so far.

With all of that being said, could this election year be the one that drives us all to vote for an independent or 3rd party? Do you think Nader could pull off some serious votes and really throw this election? I don't think everything will change after this election, but I do think this may shake up some things for years to come. Who knows, a party who actually cares about us may even come about...scary huh?

Both of the big two parties would have you believe that the other is completely wrong, no matter what. (Yes I know that is politics) People buy into the thought that their party does little to no wrong. They play partisan politics with America and it ultimately screws us all over. Whatever happened with doing what is right and in the best interest of the country. Maybe this year will finally draw a big enough divide in the people and we can finally get some change and removal of the old guard(sp?). What do ya'll think?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good luck gaining any interest in this subject, people would rather whine and snivel about the problem and then if they get off their lazy asses and vote at all, will ONLY vote for the two hand-picked sides of the same lying, thieving, murdering, coin that has called the shots forever.

Nothing is gonna change because nobody WANTS anything to change. They are content to suck at the government tit and be lead around by the nose, a change would require a little balls and independent thought which this country seems incapabile of anymore.

hell I would vote for Larry flint before I voted for EITHER of the crooks the media and big business have chosen for us to "pick"

join