It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul for -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Secretary of the Treasury

Okay, so I know people have a lot of disagreements with RP for being president, but I don't think anyone can question his knowledge, foresight and understanding of economics.

So I suggest that the new President should appoint Ron Paul as head of the US Treasury!

Arguments for and against welcome!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I believe that is one of Chuck Baldwin's plans.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yeah if Baldwin is president, then Paul is treasury. But you knew that right? You know, the guy Paul endorsed.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'd still rather have Ron Paul as President

Please people do not vote Chuck Baldwin just because RP gave his official endorsement. Write in Ron Paul

Chuck Baldwin is pretty extreme with his religious influences...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ya, I know who RP is, I trust him... I'm sure Baldwin is great, and maybe I will keep an eye on him..but he doesn't have nearly the momentum that RP does.

I'm working on building a base of RP supporters where I live, and I plan on slowly building that base over the next four years to be ready for the next election.

I think the point of my thread here was to have RP as Secretary Treasurer regardless of who is elected.

1. do you think the other candidates would consider it?
2. which one do you think would be more likely?

Given the current situation with the economy, and if things do go south more, doing away with the Fed is not an outlandish consideration. I think Ron Paul would be the most qualified person to work out a solution.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would gather no one would take the chance, considering every president that has dared to oppose the control of a private central bank gets assassinated. Some may find this claim far fetched, but if you look at Lincoln, Garfield and Kennedy... and the failed attempt on Jackson, and when you take into account the many quotes made by those in our government, Paul's unfair exclusion from the later republican debates makes perfect sense.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join