It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell - a vague warning?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe Collin Powel and Biden got together, they must know something. They both have made statements along the same lines. On another thread they say that Iran might have nukes by then. Scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

The only thing I find scary is that people can't understand context and actually think this is some legit warning. If he said it out of the blue, that is one thing. When it's in response to a question that gives the dates and people think it's somekind of vague warning, well that's scary.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i believe the crisis colon powell is referreing to relates to the current financial crisis but is a part of a longer term problem which is the financial deficit of the united states and the process of reintroducing a new currency. essentially restarting the economy, which has not had much media attention. check out north american union.

The point at which the federal budget cannot mathematically pay the interest on its debt because it is so large triggers global action. theoretically, all governments around the world which hold american dollars and debt such as china will attempt to dump them all at once. this will force a complete collapse of the American dollar overnight.

these process has already been set in motion from the beginning of 9/11 by bush policies.

the resulting consequence is that the U.S. government will issue a state of martial law as the american dollar is becomes worth less than toilet paper.

the solution is the the amero currency, a part of the North American Union agreement already signed by bush without congressional or public permission. this will merge the three countries into one.

this is the crisis that has already begun in baby steps of which colon powell refers to. which will take full hold of society following the presidential election.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What the hay? That is the strangest statement I have read. I don't know whether to take that as a warning or a threat. Now what kind of reaction do you think you would get if you spoke that line on the witness stand before a judge in a court of law?

Picks lower jaw off the floor and bandages it up..yet again

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I think he was just talking about how there will probably be a crisis going on from day one,, so the president should be ready to lead and make important decisions.

Nothing major here. Not his style.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
you know sometimes i wonder wether our so called leaders say things just to confuse and scare us.theyve been saying strange things of late....as if there molding our expectations and state of mind towards confusion.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think he's just refering to the fact that the newly sworn in President will have to hit the ground running! I don't think there's going to be any disaster except, of course, if McCain wins. . .

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the similarity.......Both Biden and Powell maintain their security clearances and are offered national security briefings.........

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I understand the context.

I just refuse to put words into Powell's mouth for him.

MR. BROKAW: If you were called into the Oval Office on January 21st by the new president, whoever it happens to be, and he said to you, "General Powell, I need from you your recommendation on where I begin. What should be my priorities?" Where would you start?

GEN. POWELL: ... there's going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now. And so I think what the president has to do is to start using the power of the Oval Office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and to convince the world that America is solid, America is going to move forward, and we're going to fix our economic problems, we're going to meet our overseas obligations.

At face value, this statement is prophetic - not hypothetical. Yes, it's likely a screw-up on Powell's part... but I don't like putting words into such an intelligent man's mouth for him, and I would like to think that when he speaks, he means what he says.

In my opinion... to change it from a prophetic warning to a hypothetical, you would not only have to change that first sentence but the wording throughout that entire paragraph.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

It makes 0 sense. If it was as you say, it means that Brokaw must also be on it, as he is the one who originally sets up the date.

As well, what would be the purpose of making such a vague warning if it is? If he has foreknowledge, then he would be in on something. Why warn people about your plans? And to actually warn them in a way that can't even be easily understood, or contains nothing of real value on what to do.

And who exactly is he warning?

It makes no logical sense on any level. This topic is on the same level of thinking as finding the Virgin Mary on a potato chip and calling it a warning from god.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Chill people. Powell meant that the future holds other crises (apart from the ones mentioned by Brokaw) that we do not yet know about. In other words, whoever ends up in the White House in November will face all the aforementioned problems, plus others that are unknown.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKWWWW
Chill people. Powell meant that the future holds other crises (apart from the ones mentioned by Brokaw) that we do not yet know about. In other words, whoever ends up in the White House in November will face all the aforementioned problems, plus others that are unknown.

Finally someone with common sense!! not just here but also in other forums I've visited, people take things way out of context.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Very strange because Biden predicts something big is going to happen also.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm new. I just join ATS forum today. I have been reading posts at this forum since 3 weeks ago. This is very good and open minds.

I would like to introduce myself. I am deaf, born again Christian, Baptist.

Myself was formerly pretribulationlist(means a person who believe rapture will be before Tribulation Period). Now, I am posttribulationlist. That why, my username is 'DeafPosttrib'.

I am nut in Conspiracy theory. Nothing wrong with read or investigate conspiracy theory.

In Bible says, in 2 Corinthians 2:11: "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." (KJV).

Verse 11 tells us, we do not allow Satan to take advantage of us, and be being blind or unkown of his secert schemes or plot("devices").

I believe Satan use conspiracry things in the past, and he is continue doing them today and will continue in future.

First of all. I KNEW Sept 11 Attack was Inside Job within America's secert society - NWO. Sept 11 Attack was not cause come from Iraq or Osama bin Laden.

There are so much reasons why I believe Sept 11 Attack was Inside Job.

But, I would like to say something on Obama.

Interesting, I found coincidence on two persons' names relate with today two important key persons.

In Sept 11 Attack. Bush and America targeted on Saddam and Osama bin laden for responsible of Attack.

Notice Democrate President candidate is running right now. His full name is Barack Hussien Obama. Notice his middle name is Hussien. His last name is Obama.

Notice, Bush and America both accused upon Osama for attack. Notice both two person's name are almost same spellling- Osama and Obama. Isn't that ironic?

Secondly. Last August, Obama choose Joe Biden to his partner.

Notice Osama's full name - Osama bin Laden.

Interesting. notice Joe's last is Biden. So, let's do puzzle on Osama's middle and last name. - bin Laden. Ok, notice Joe's last name - 'Biden'. just removed 'n' and 'a' from Osama's middle and last name- 'Biden'.

Isn't that coincidence? That the next U.S. VP/President's names - Obama and Biden' That is almost same as Osama bin Laden!!!

I am strong convince that Obama and Biden both would be Antichrist and False prophet.

Last week. I read interesting article of Colin Powell's interview. He warns that, there will be big event on Jan 21 or 22.

Also, during final third Presidental debate. John McCain warns that Obama would face shot same as JFK.

I would like to show you of scriptures from Bible on these.

In Revelation 13:3 says, "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

This verse 3 tells us, that the beast will be killed to death. I believe that the beast will be shot to death. More likely- Obama will be shot just right after he sworn-in during in Jan 21 or 22. Then, he would be healed - to be alive again.

I believe Satan will copy Jesus' way when Jesus was die actually by cross. Then, three days later he risen from death- alive. Satan will do the same thing. The purpose is, Satan will use Obama as world leader. That Obama will shocked the world that he is alive. Will cause all nations to worship him as god.

I better stop. I will continue to type in the next post. To be continued....

In Christ
Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Let's continue.

I have been read and study Matthew chapter 24 in Bible for many years.

Last week Colin Powell warned, there will be big happen on Jan 21 or 22.

I have reading in Matthew 24:15-21. Jesus seems giving us the hint of timing when the Great Tribulation begins. In Matthew 24:20, Jesus warns that He prays that our journey would not be in winter or on sabbath day.

I have strong feel in my gut that, Obama will be shot just right after sworn in as President. So, when he dies, they will announce that His funereal ceremony would at U.S. Capitol on Friday. If I am right that Obama will risen to alive again on sabbath- Jewish's observance. Also, Friday is Muslim's holy day too. When Obama risens, he will SHOCK the world. The world will worship him as god.

Christ warns us, that we do NOT believe or worship on Obama as 'god'. We must flee away into the wilderness- Matthew 24:15-21. Because there will be another Holocaust. That means, Police or soldiers will chase us and get catch to get us killed - persecution for not being worship him.

In another article, it mentioned of the world would end in year 2012.

I feel that 2012 seems make sense to me.

Because, in Revelation 13:5 says, the beast will have power for 42 months, that is 3 1/2 years.

Jesus says, the Great Tribulation will end at around summer - Matthew 24:32.

I believe that, Jesus seems give the 'HINT' to us when the Great Tribulation shall ebgin, and when it shall end -by Second Coming. But, Jesus tells us, no person knows what day or hour, when Christ shall come - Matt. 24:42,44.

Revelation 13:15-18 mentioned about 666 system.

I believe that Stock Market will have a BIG CRASHES coming next week before the Election Day comes(I hope I am wrong, only God knows). And the world economy will be collapse completely. So, the 666 system will be set up. But, wait till the Antichrist to be revealed(2 Thess. 2:3) by after he get alive again from wounded. To cause world to worship him.

In Daniel 7:25 tells us, He will causes the laws and times to be changed.

Obivously, it must be relate with Martial Laws and 666 system to force all people to have it, or get killed.

One thing to tell you.

We heard often on number - '11' many times since Sept 11 Attack.

Notice year 2009. That means, 2 + 0 + 0 + 9 = total is 11!!!

I have strong feeling in my gut, that year 2009 will be HORRIBLE times for Christians and Jews to face another 'Holocaust'.

Whilst, many people will worship Obama as 'god', they will be fine and safety, not get killed.

BUT. In Rev. 14:9-11 warn, if anyone worship him, or receive the 666, will go away into everlasting fire with satan and fallen angels. That is serious warning from God. God doesn't want us to worship Obama as 'god'. He is not our real God. He is right behind Satan.

The real God is above in heaven, where Jesus sits on throne. Believe in Jesus above by through the faith only.

We must take heed attention God's Word, so, we will be deceived by NWO's secert plot to get us in everlasting fire. Be strong for God, while the Ploce or soldier will face with you. Do not be afraid of them. Tell them no for receive 666 or not to worship Obama as god.

By the way, I want to say to you. I am not yet determine if that, Obama would be the Antichrist. First, we have to wait till we see the big news hit, who will be Antichrist then we will know him. And we must immediately escape hide in the wilderness right away- Matt. 24:15-21.

In Christ

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You are reading way to much into names. I'm sorry, but that argument holds no logical basis. It is a bit of a coincidence, no doubt. But that whole name thing is a bit unbased.

Also, the beast is not the person. The beast is the system of control. Thus what you say about Obama getting shot and all that isn't true. The first beast is the catholic church, the 2nd beast is a fascist form of government.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
badmedia,

I have no time to reply you. Because I need go to sleep for go work tonight. Tomorrow, I will reply back to you.

In Christ

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join