It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell - a vague warning?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The problems will always be there, and there's going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I watched the video on youtube, and had to go back and watch it 5 or 6 times, this sentence STILL doesn't make sense to me... What the heck is he trying to say here? Can anyone clarify this for me? Am I making something out of nothing?

It really sounds like he's saying there will be a crisis on Jan 21 or 22...

about 2:38 into the video:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeah, WHAT!?
Reminds me of the clip where Benazir Bhutto said Osama Bin Laden had been killed.
No request for elaboration?

Here I am...a reporter interviewing an important figure in contemporary american politics and the guy drops a bomb by saying a crisis is gonna happen in Jan 21st or 22nd "that we don't even know about right now"...

It could be a baiting tactic to steer conversation, but hell if I wouldn't bite that one. "...that we don't even know about right now..."?!?!

Please, Mr Powell, do go on.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Isnt that like the day after the new president is supposed to be sworn in?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
the next US president gets sworn in on the 20th of january

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
What crisis is he talking about? Obviously he knows... but we don't
Makes you wonder if that was a slip up just b/c of the fact that he didn't ask him what crisis he is talking about.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nice find! What the heck is that all about?

Colin Powell = Colin "Blossom" Powell? , Colin "Harvey" Powell?

Perhaps White cloud has jumped ship??

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I think he meant that the new president would have to be ready on his first day and his staff would too.

I don't think anything is planned.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whiskeyswiller

Yeah, if you watch before he says that, they talk about if the president came in on the day he was sworn in etc etc etc. And his response is there is always going to be something going on.

How someone could get that as some kind of "vague warning" is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Powell is responding to Tom Brokaw's question which asked what he would tell the new President if here were summoned to the Oval Office on "Jaunuary 21st or 22nd."

He clearly meant that the new President will face challenges after his Inauguration that are yet unknown.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Powell is responding to Tom Brokaw's question which asked what he would tell the new President if here were summoned to the Oval Office on "Jaunuary 21st or 22nd."

He clearly meant that the new President will face challenges after his Inauguration that are yet unknown.

Nothing to see here.

I disagree. It seems like he really is warning or predicting something. "There's gonna be a crisis come along on the 21st or 22nd that we don't even know about yet"
It's pretty specific language, and yes I watched from 30 seconds earlier where he is posed the question about the 21st.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That's the timeframe when the LHC is supposed to go back online lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Strange

I could understand if Powell had said along the lines of: ' Whoever the new president happens to be ... he'll need to be ready to deal with the problems that are bound to arise, particularly in this worrisome global financial situation we're in ... so on and so on '

This MAY be what he intended to convey when he said: ' There's gonna be a crisis come along on the 21st or 22nd that we don't even know about yet" --- meaning (maybe) 'problems (of one sort or another) will arise from the moment the new president hits the deck .. even though right now, we don't know what they will be '

Thing is, when he said: "There's gonna be a crisis come along on the 21st or 22nd that we don't even know about yet" --- he didn't seg into any examples of what sort of crisis he was referring to .. didn't explain .. just started rambling off on different tangent.

It's all just expelled air on Powell's part in any case, as we know. ' New President, new Administration' is for the sake of the Sheepie voters .. to persuade them there will be 'change'. As if people were five years old.
When the truth is, it will be the same-old same-old.

Why do they call him 'Colon', by the way .. anyone know?
His name's Colin, isn't it ?
Calling him Colon doesn't make him sound 'distinguished' .. just puts people in mind of unexpelled excreta

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

after watching the video - there certainly seems to be some sort of message there. I am relying on a hunch, just as the OP appears to be doing...

granted they are talking about the change of leadership and the challenges faced in the early days of the new government but did anyone notice the extra emphasis on the words .... "convince the world that america is solid ...and restoring a sense of purpose, a sense of confidence in the american people and in the international community in america "

Just reading in between the lines, i think the interviewer picked up on this too and asked the question straight after probing a bit deeper by asking the question "whats not on the scene right now which concerns you" ... Something must have alerted the interviewer in the course of the interview for him to specifically do this follow on.

Colin Powell seems to have employed a classic technique of putting some sort of warning in the interview and then downplaying what he has said in the course of a conversation.

... seems like we might have to watch this space.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
How could he not know yet what it is, but know something is going to happen?

And are you suggesting the guy giving the interview is also a part of getting the message out since is the first to mention the dates, and that it's the day a new president will take office is just a "cover"?

Why would he want to give such a warning on national TV? And to whom is he giving the warning too? For what purpose, and how is it going to make a difference?

If he just came out and said it without the previous part of the discussion, then I could see where you guys are coming from. But when put in context it just doesn't seem like anything abnormal to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If Powell was offering a hypothetical - a reason for the new administration to be prepared off the bat - he sure did leave out a few keywords: "if" or "could".

Either Powell forgot how to properly form sentences for 6 seconds, or he accidentally spilled the beans.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The president is doing something most every day. There is always something going on somewhere.

This is like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When I first watched I definitely took it as a warning...he has a sort of half smile when he says it, at least it looked that way to me...I'm going to watch it again. Maybe the smile is because he knows what will happen and he is happy about it or thinks its funny. Maybe Obama's first act as president will be to have GWB arrested and held for questioning regarding war crimes...before he gets a chance to run to Paraguay, that would sure make people believe that change is coming. I know, just wishful thinking but I thought I would share anyways. Powell probably was probably just generalizing as there is always a crisis going on.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adnil

I think that has about as much chance of coming true as my dream that GWB is going to get up at the end and say - "Hey, look at what we did to you, tell the truth about everything and you allowed it to happen" and then things will return as they are supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
hanging zionist traitors is not anti-semitec !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will be the crisis for zionist traitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's helpful to post the whole question and whole response. Clearly, he's replying to Brokaw when using those dates:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

MR. BROKAW: If you were called into the Oval Office on January 21st by the new president, whoever it happens to be, and he said to you, "General Powell, I need from you your recommendation on where I begin. What should be my priorities?" Where would you start?

GEN. POWELL: I would start with talking to the American people and talking to the world, and conveying a new image of American leadership, a new image of America's role in the world.

The problems will always be there, and there's going to be a crisis come along in the 21st or 22nd of January that we don't even know about right now. And so I think what the president has to do is to start using the power of the Oval Office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and to convince the world that America is solid, America is going to move forward, and we're going to fix our economic problems, we're going to meet our overseas obligations. But restoring a sense of purpose, a sense of confidence in the American people and, in the international community, in America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join