It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran busts 'spy pigeons' near nuclear site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

How would it fly with a strap tying down both wings?

(not a one liner hahaha)

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If this story is real (and I don't buy it) than the Iranians have pretty tight security if they A. Need pigeons to spy on the Iranians and B. They even intercept the pigeons.

Pretty funny if true

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Tongue in Cheek Shattered, tongue in cheek.

I'd think that many countries have used pigeons. Great way around surveillance.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad must be paranoid that the west wants to take over... someone must have overheard the pigeons going "Coup, Coup..."

Dont think of it like i stole a Bill Hicks joke, think of it as an homage

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Funny stuff man, had me in stiches.

Anyway, since there is research on remote controlled insect like surveilance robots fromt he CIA, NSA etc. Also robotic serveilance has been going on since ww1 (possibly even earlier). Why do you people find it hard to belive the technology, has advanced to the point, they can replicate life like looking birds, pack them with surveilance equipment then fly them to the sites to monitor?

If you all belive in aliens, ufo's, anti gravity craft, cold fusion etc etc, why do you find it hard to belive in more plausible and simpler technologies like robotic pidgeons? (not saying that is the case here though, could just be regular pigeons with surveilance equipment on the leg).

The wire could be a simple, fly by wire device. Afterall if they used radio signals to piolet the pigeon, (or in the case it is a real pigeon) transmit the data back via radio etc, it could be detected by the Iranians. If they sent the date over the fly by wire in some form of fiberoptic type trasmission, no one would ever pick up the data. There could be some guy sitting a few hundred feet away in a safe location pioleting the robotic pidgeon.

Maybe the Iranians only ever noticed the pidgeons, because once they were landed, they did not move for hours or did not eat any bread they threw at them. Maybe even they found it odd, the pidgeons did not try to # on them during the time they were there lol. The ring on the leg could just be a reel for the fly by wire, wire. If the pidgeon was captured, the oprator could possibly trigger some wire cut off from the ring, then spool the remaining wire back to his location preventing anyone traceing the wire back etc.

Also there seems to be a lot of Iranian haters in here, good for you that you watch and swallow the horse crap the media gives you on Iran.
If the US claimed they captured Chinese spy pidgeon, everyone would be lineing up to lick the US's anal hole clean, about how advanced they are to detect such spy gadgets etc etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So, can't the Iranians just stick a transmitter on these pigeons, let them go and track them all the way home? Seems that would tell them who they belong to (if anyone).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, since pigeons are being used, can the Trojan Camel be far behind? This is completely on topic by the way. We are discussing pigeons and alternate methods of infiltrating Iranian nuclear facilities.

The Trojan Camel is next.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think the Iranian government put this stuff out because they think their people are so stupid as to believe this. They want the West to appear stupid.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

whats stupid about gaining intellegence using a means not detectable?

I think the people who laugh and joke about how this is a load of BS are the stupid ones,

pigeons have been used in many wars, at a time when 1 incursion over Iran would incriminate an already incriminated government, why wouldnt you use pigeons?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I agree.

I would also use pigeons with cameras and sampling equipment.

Did you ever hear of the pigeon guided bomb from ww2?

I'll post a pic.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

That pigeon guided bomb was also very ineffective, it was worse than simply carpet bombing.

The way the pigeon guided bombed worked was it had a pigeon in the tip of the warhead that pecked on a screen and the bomb would maneuver towards wherever the pigeon pecked. Now of course this all depends on whether or not the pigeon had enough training to realize what its target really was.

God forbid the pigeon want to return home.

And as far as pigeons being used for intel gathering, highly unlikely. Pigeons were used before because they were a simple solution to a rather complex problem. Pigeons are still animals and cannot be trusted even with a large amount of training.

Mini-UAV's provide a far better form of intelligence gathering for in the field operatives. Wouldn't it just be far better to have a camera with wings and a propeller the size of a bee flying around?

That would be a lot harder to detect than a pigeon with a camera attached to it's neck. At least that's my opinion on the matter, but then again I don't work for the CIA so I wouldn't know if they were really using pigeons or not.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join