It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology to the mods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Last week a thread of mine got deleted and i went off one. I hoiked all my toys out of the pram when in fact i have been shown to be incorrect in what i thought i wrote and what i actually did!

I never mentioned the mod in question so i wont now, but they have had a personal u2u to apologise and this is a general one to any mods who might have been offended at some of ranting about censorship on here.

My bad and im sorry

ps, its amazing the difference between what you remember posting and what you actually posted, especially if your having a bit of a rant!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Flag for you for having the ***** too admit you were in the wrong and for 'fessing up too all of ATS/BTS about what it was that you say you did.

Though your apology won't go un-noticed by ATS staff, I'm sure they and everyone else understands that an apology usually demonstrates how passionate that you are about ATS/BTS to make this effort.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's refreshing to hear this kind of post and, frankly, there's not enough of it on either here or the internet generally.

Perhaps it's because of the anonymity involved, but some people don't seem to think that apologising or admitting they're wrong - when shown to be wrong - is an issue when it comes to forums.

I take my hat off to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hooray! I too apologise to any/all mods I may have annoyed. I can't promise I won't do it again, but I will try to learn.

Unless I was right in the first place.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
i made this mistake not so long ago

it feels good to undo past blunders

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Cedik]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
deny ignorance!

Just kidding, nice to hear the U-turn is bearing karma

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Cheers for owning up and making amends. It shows character to admit when wrong and are not afraid to own that in public. It is just as good for your own karma as it is for your reputation, especially in such places as the net, where anon empowers far to many people to act without consequence.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Good for you. Not that it makes the staff feel better to be right, but rather the growth that our members experience is a positive sign that we're doing some good in the world.

We're all wrong time to time; mods and members alike. Because as staff we recognize this human frailty, we have means in place to review all of our own decisions. And there is almost always more than a single mod reaching a decision to act, or not act. This lessens, though it doesn't totally eliminate, the number of times we make a hasty judgment.

It is also why I learned as a member to refrain from posting on a "hot" subject until I had cooled down. I would often write out the post on a piece of paper, (to purposely take time and effort), and then go get a drink of whatever, re-read the post, and then decide if that was really what I wanted to post and stand behind.

You, Sir or Madam, have risen in my personal estimation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good post!

I completely get what you meant by re-reading rants. Sometimes other members piss me off and we bait each other or simply bring too many emotions into a discussion, and then I read the post later and I feel so silly, not to mention guilty for getting worked up and judging people I don’t know.

There’s no going back though, all we can do is live and learn and it seems you certainly have.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nobody's Perfect

Including (especially?) mods. Everybody has "bad hair days", and though us staffers are charged with enforcing the terms & conditions, the site owners have gone to great pains to inspire us to be cool about it.

We will inevitably butt heads now and then, and disagree over some thing or another. You may have a thread moved or even get warned by a mod even though you're absolutely positive you've done nothing wrong.

And hey, you might be right. Mods make mistakes too, just like everyone else. When we do, we want you to let us know.

But whatever the hubbub may be, I hope you'll never forget that we're just members too. We were offered the opportunity to take our love for ATS to the next level and went for it, but it's not easy and exposes our weaknesses as much as our strengths.

Understanding this, I know I'm not the only mod who sees the importance of approaching the job with caution and a sense of humility, because we all make mistakes, and nobody wants bad karma for mistreating a fellow member.

Anyway, sorry for the long diatribe (though it doesn't even scratch the surface of the complexities of being an ATS mod), but I just wanted to say that when push comes to shove, we're on your side.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Unless I was right in the first place.

Has this ever happened?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would only opologize for stepping on some toes in order to make my point of facts known. It is true, feelings sometimes get hurt, and names may be called by some. It is refreshing to hear a moderator who can admit to mistakes. We all make them but we move on. Those mods that I have had boxing matches with know I hardly ever back down, but, I commend them for the battle of wills. I respect them because they take a beating for the ATS, and I know because I've tried my best to bat them about the ears when I know that I'm right. If this site had mealy-mouthed mods, I would have long ago moved on. And while it may have cost me a thousand points or so to say what I believe, I would still do it again. They would still slap a sticker on it, and I would still respect them for the endless feedback they'll take from me. So, believe it or not you mods out there on the ATS, I commend and respect you. And I enjoy the debate.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i To would like to aplologoize because not too long ago i went off on a bit of a rant aswell because one of my threads got moved to RATS forum and i had to pay to see my comments

i wont mention the MOD who i had a go at but i wanna say here that im really sorry and i hope u see this and ill try to make sure that i dont go off on one again

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hey, we've all been there... That's why we should never post angry. Things tend to pop out that we mean at the moment, but would never, ever say...normally. Anger makes idiots of us all occasionally, or more than occasionally in my case...I've lost count of the times I've deleted entire posts after walking away and counting to 20 before sending. I'd have been banned years ago otherwise...

Apologising is a sign of being an adult...it happens to all of us eventually...lol.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join