It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Game Halo Foreshadows LHC Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Video Game Halo Foreshadows LHC Collider

en.wikipedia.org

Function

The workings of the drive are described in more detail in Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, on page 53.

"Shaw-Fujikawa engines allowed UNSC ships to leave normal space and plow through a dimensional subdomain colloquially known as "Slipstream space." ... The drive used particle accelerators to rip apart normal space-time by generating micro black holes. Those holes evaporated via Hawking radiation in a nanosecond. The real quantum mechanical "magic" of the drive was how it manipulated those h
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was reading the storyline for Bungies Halo video game and I came across somthing intresting to me. It read "Halo is set several centuries in the future. After the development of the "Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine", the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) begins a program of interstellar travel and planetary colonization. " The part that cought my eye was the Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. The machine works somthing similar to the LHC Collider in my opinion.

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
somthing similar in that they are both particle accelerators which have been round long before LHC and Halo ?

[edit on 20/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BoyGenious

I don't see how this is breaking news.

Also, it's spelled "genius".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Ah a positive spin on the idea. I like it. That would be so cool. I doubt it'll happen though.

What happened to the "We're all Doomed" threads?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by apex]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

its being reparied after the hydrogen leak and then its winter break so no point in the were all gonna die threads till january next year

it would be a waste of good scare mongering atm every reply wold be ahh well were still fine for a couple of months

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

That's assuming there realy was a hydrogen leak, and it wasn't thrown out there to get people like us off their backs.

I havn't heard a thing about LHC for ages.

How many other last minute technical glitches have postponed or eliminated much anticipated data in all areas of research?

Just a theory.

new topics

top topics

join