It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

port scanning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone could recommend a good easy free port scan, that will tell me all all the ports i have and their status!

OR better yet, is there a RUN command that will show you this information?
thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I dont see the probe button?

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its in the Java Applet that loads in the screen....do you HAVE Java installed? If not you needa go get it.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qlone
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone could recommend a good easy free port scan, that will tell me all all the ports i have and their status!

OR better yet, is there a RUN command that will show you this information?
thanks

There are many of them around the net that will scan your machine and report the ports that are open or viewable from their end. DSLReports is one, as mentioned. Another good one to use is Gibson's Site.

grc.com...

It allows you to do a few different types of scans against yourself and then it reports back the open ports, tells you a little about them, and how to close them.

**There are few places that will actually Scan Every Port Possible as that takes some time. Most go up to atleast 10,000 or so. There are 65535 ports possible in total though.**

To Scan yourself Using Your own computer, I would recommend something like superscan. It's powerful but easy and fast and best of all free and runs without needing to be installed. www.snapfiles.com...

There are more Stealthy Scanners out there like NMap and UDP Port Scanners and stuff too, but I'm not going to get into all that right now.

A quick and easy command you can use at the System Prompt to see you current Connections and/or Netword Ports being used is "netstat". Use "Netstat -n" to show IP addresses instead of Hostnames. Use "Netstat -a" to show ALL Ports being Used Connected or Not Connected. (For Example: Syn, Fin, waiting states, and UDP Ports along with the basic "TCP Port Traffic in the Connected state".

[Edited on 27-3-2004 by mOjOm]

new topics

top topics

join