It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pilot ordered to shoot down UFO over Norwich, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

US pilot ordered to shoot down UFO over Norwich, UK

www.news.com.au

Speaking publicly about the incident for the first time, he said he was ordered late one night in 1957 to scramble in his F-86D Sabre fighter to attack a "bogey" hovering above Norfolk.

"I was told I would be firing a complete salvo, all 24 rockets. I was pumped up - this was the sort of thing that happened before a war," he told the paper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow! Britain's Ministry of Defence have released previously de-classified files that admit they ordered a pilot to shoot at a rather ;arge UFO over a major city.

Why isn't this bigger news? Probably because it doesn't include Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton.

Fair enough, it did get to the front page of www.news.com.au but it looks like - with the chosen pictures accompanying - as though it wasn't taken that seriously.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by darkmaninperth

Why isn't this bigger news? Probably because it doesn't include Brittany Spears or Paris Hilton.

You are exactly correct! whatever draws the most attention from the majority.

"He said he was visited afterwards by a sinister security official and warned not to tell anyone."

Of course right? I mean that we much should expect, especialy since it was military related.

Also, the photos do trivialize it greatly. The one picture of the UFO is okay but not the obivously fake alien grey.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The actual archives don't state it was an alien space craft or even that it was a UFO.
Only that it was a bogey.
That could mean anything.Russian air ship, Russian Bomber etc a stray ICBM.
Only the pilot is saying it was an Alien Space Craft the size of an Aircraft Carrier.
Which is his word alone.
I believe him 100%.
But there is no official report of it being a UFO or Alien Space Craft.
If you look at some of the NASA radio transmissions, they actually refer to it as an Alien Space Craft.
Not just a bogey.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Very interesting. I wonder how the pilot felt when he saw it, lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So, each week it comes a new info into the main newspapers
one of the first reports in Europe

Funny, if they will try to "order him" not to say anymore, then we will have a "proof" by this

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

It's interesting they would allow that kind of report to be publicly available. They know most people reading it will substitute "bogey" for uFO and then gather the military has a hostile response to some alien craft and then wonder,"why?" . It suggests the military/government view the space beings as a threat....now why would they want people to make THAT kind of connection I wonder....

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just, THAT is the point

Fear..

What is the volume of this newspaper?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It is probably the default website for news in Australia. Rupert Murdoch owned, I believe. News Corporation.

It has a fairly large volume.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This pilot's experience is not unique. There have been countless times the military (from countries all over the world) has scrambled aircraft to intercept/shoot down unidentified flying objects. Rarely, if ever, has there been a successful shoot down. Clearly the technology on these craft is beyond our own. We would love to have RWR and missile warning receivers with such capacity. Not to mention the ability to selectivity target and control enemy avionics, among other things. Sometimes they crash, as do all things, and we (humans) have recovered quite a few craft. Despite this it would take an act of god for this information to gain creditability and be accepted by the overwhelming majority of the public.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

new topics

top topics

join