It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need guidance from higher light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I just want to first request that you read this with an open mind. I'm not trying to push any agenda or focus on selfish intentions, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can to have a positive influence in the world. Change is the popular trend going around right now, and it IS happening, albeit very slowly. But how can someone like me, who has relatively no actual influence on the current power structure, actually change the world for the better? I'm talking about real change. Real healing. I feel the world's pain everyday, and I'm reaching the breaking point, and almost feel helpless when looking at the big picture.

I know this sounds weird, but I feel like my life is at a standstill at the moment. Something needs to be changed. Something needs to push things forward. I kind of see the world right now almost like a puzzle that needs to be put together properly, and I see many reflections of myself and others in the grand scheme of things. This makes me think that maybe I'm here for a reason. Of course, I could always just be crazy, but my intentions are pure.

Basically I am hoping that somebody can give me a proverbial nudge in the right direction. Overall things are good in my life, but I feel like something is missing. I feel like I need a real purpose instead of being another drone in the system. I posted this here in the Paranormal section on ATS because I'm looking mostly to spiritually enlightened people for answers. I know many people will say that you must change from within to change the outside, or that many small changes from many people can equal large change, but I'm not really looking at that aspect of it. The way I see it, the world needs help and healing more than anything right now, and I want to make sure that I am where I need to be to help in the best way I can. I seem to be getting a lot of external signs lately that are screaming for me to change my current path in life. Does this make sense? Am I the only one with these feelings?

I'm humble and will happily accept any advice or guidance that you kind folks have to offer. Feel free to PM me or post here in the thread. I look forward to hearing your responses. I'm not really looking for suggestions of charity work and specific organizations, I'm looking for spiritual guidance to help me get on the right path.

Thanks!

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Barcs]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Well I am many things, and I hope one of them is 'wise'. I'll give you some of my thoughts and hopefully it will help.

Okay first off. How long have you felt this way?

Also, what do you do for work? What takes up most of your time outside of work?

I seem to be getting a lot of external signs lately that are screaming for me to change my current path in life. Does this make sense?

If you're willing you should describe those signs and how you feel about them.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, how long isn't really important. What is important is that the feeling is strong enough that it can't be pushed aside. It is asserting its force and needs to be acknowledged. The fact that you're doing it and, as you stated, with a pure heart is all that really matters.

Naturally, meditation is the place to start. It will take some practice, but if you're already fairly open-minded and in a good place in your life, it shouldn't take too very long nor be overly frustrating. I started with Shaolin Qigong to facilitate the mindset in the beginning but you will find your own way. I was directed to that particular practice so be aware of signs around you for your path inward/upward/outward.

Start though by praying for the world. Pray in any way you feel comfortable. I was raised with the standard formula prayer method but I can tell you, my prayers are nothing even remotely like that these days. There is no formula. When you have a pure heart, simply send out your prayer telepathically (so only the distilled essence - otherwise known as 'intent' - of all you're asking) and then wait for the answer. It may take a while. It may be instantaneous. It may interrupt your prayer! There are no rules.

All that's really important is that you do this in the most loving/giving, least demanding/controlling manner possible. You don't know the grand design, none of us do, so don't expect the answers you expect. This is where your faith comes in.

Once you start down this road, it sometimes happens that your faith is tested and sometimes that can be quite severe. I happen to be in one of these times presently.
But it's all part of the path.

I am completely aware that all this sounds ridiculous and quite hokey. I thought so too not so long ago. Then I wondered if I was just losing my mind. If only it were so easy! No, my mind is fine and now so is my heart.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Firstly we're all here for a reason.
Secondly you've already answered your own questions.

You want to help and make a difference based on the way a) the world is right now b) the way the world is headed.

Clearly you're young, energetic and willing to make changes.

So do it!!

Medical field - even nursing is an amazing career path and doesn't take as long as becoming a doctor.

EMT, Firefighter...both offer the chance to help not to mention a TON of resources for further study.

Teaching - youth programs are always in need of people to teach and be mentors.

If you're strapped for financial resources apply for some bursaries. The Nursing industry NEEDS people and they have a lot of programs to help get you started.

Really you need to make a list of skills you have that are marketable (it's always nice to be able to eat while giving back to the community) and find out what appeals to you, that matches your skills, offers training or schooling and go for it.

Motivation starts with action not thought.

Do some research on the various ways people can help and survive at the same time.

We all want to be special in this life and being one who wants to help already sets you in that immense club. That's special enough yes?

Best of luck

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that if there is a catastrophic event of apocolyptic proportions, I feel the majority of the forum would be ones to lead people out of darkness.

That is if such an event occured. I believe that's what the wake up call may be. Or, it might be delusion and fantasy. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hi, ive always felt exactly the same, last couple of years im starting to understand these feelings as i get deeper into questions about life, my origin and purpose.
Never had a spiritual surrounding till i met some people 4 years ago, and that was the time i began understanding my self, my real self that is.

As for what to do with it; im not quite sure, this is what im doing with it
I am personally because of all this very attracted to learning about how to set up a spiritual community that can serve it self in basic needs independant.
Might sound a bit extreme, but i am a firm believer only small communitys can be sustainable'(on the long run).
This is my biggest joy, dreaming about building a template of heaven on earth,and i see that the more i dream about it, and dare to believe in it; i meet people and come across knowledge in such a synchronistic way that i know, eventually this dream will manifest.

Cant really give you anything helpfull but i really felt like leaving a post because it reminds me alot about myself.

What is your biggest dream or desire?
Every1 has their unique talents and ability's, thoughts and ideals.
There is not a single person out here like you, so that alone makes every1 special; so what do you think are your individual quality's the world could use?

good luck finding your place in life!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think I may have what your looking for, though it's not easy steping in from the top. It's somthing that you realy need to build up to. I think you might get it though.

We're all conected, we're all energy. Not just Humanity, everything.
Off course Humans have a special conection to other Humans. This makes our seemingly little contribution enormous.

Every one contributes in their own way, for better or for worse. I myself didn't know where to begin, what cause to champion. If I faught to save the whales how could I help the rest of Mother Earth.

Through a gradual process of information gathering and Enlightenment I discovered that I can change the world with my thoughts alone, through one pointed meditation. There are plenty of different techniques, even engaging in negative thought chatter is a form of meditation. It's basicaly what religion calls prayer.

Now when I meditate I use a process designed to specifically to enpower Humanity and generate balance and harmony amongst Wo/man and between Wo/man and nature/Mother Earth. Of course the more we ourselves live the truth we encourage, the more powerfull our thoughts will be. We can hardly expect others to live in a way we ourselves are unable to do.

When meditating I focus my thoughts on love, empathy, compasion and harmony. Realising that my thoughts are speeding through the "either" at the speed of light, touching every single human on Earth. I imagine that every man, woman and child is receiving this truth. It's not my truth, it's the universal truth. I'm simply a transformer chaneling the universal light into a form that most humans can subconsiously understand.

I focus on encouraging all humans to believe in themselves and listening to their higher voice within. It's not about spreading a message or an agenda, just getting people to realise they are a God/ess, and have the power to live thier own highest truth. Once the seed of truth germinates within thier consiousness they will be able to teach themselves, as I have done.

I've no doubt this knowledge was passed on to me in the same way, though during the process over many years I thought it was just me. And I was oblivious for most of that time that the process was even occuring.

It's about self belief and empowerment. This is what all the great sages and masters have taught through out human civilisation. I could go on but I'd better leave it here. I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the responses. I apologize for not getting to this earlier, it's just been one of those crazy weeks. I will try answer all of your questions.

If you're willing you should describe those signs and how you feel about them.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the response

Well I'm 27 years old right now and work in IT. I fix computers for a state agency, and also do jobs on the side. I've been working for the current agency for just over 3 years now. Lately my luck has been pretty bad. There have been more and jobs that do not go properly. I'll fix one thing, and then immediately after another component goes bad.

I've been trying to get my buddy's computer up and running since mid summer, and we just keep running into problem after problem after problem. And the thing is, I'm doing it for free for him since he's a good friend. I've spent countless hours trying to fix it and it's just getting aggravating. It's practically brand new. That's just one example.

Another one is being that I work for the state, I don't exactly have the highest salary, and I've been trying to get a promotion for a long time. I applied last April to take the exam and finally just the other day I get the notice that I am not qualified to take the test because of a technicality. In reality I'm over qualified and have had direct training from a technical school learning exactly what my job does, not to mention I've been learning about the workings of computers since I was 13. They wanted a technical college degree however. I spent a lot of money for the school I went to, and this kind of thing is very disappointing.

All in all, these kinds of things keep happening, and it's not just with that one computer. It's with others that I do as well. It's starting to really stress me out and I find I am less motivated to do jobs now. I find myself more edgy than usual now. I just feel like I need a change of scenery. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything, but I know computers pretty well, and it seems that a lot of these problems shouldn't happen and it doesn't make sense at all. I've had dreams about doing different things and being very happy as well. I see these things as signs that I need to change my course.

Really you need to make a list of skills you have that are marketable (it's always nice to be able to eat while giving back to the community) and find out what appeals to you, that matches your skills, offers training or schooling and go for it.

Motivation starts with action not thought.

Do some research on the various ways people can help and survive at the same time.

We all want to be special in this life and being one who wants to help already sets you in that immense club. That's special enough yes?

Best of luck

Thanks for the response. As far as skills go, computers have always been #1, but I can't really see fixing computers as a way to change the world. My other passion is hip hop music. I write hip hop songs and poetry. Part of me wants to do this more, but again, it's just entertainment and expression, not really something that can help unite the world for the common good. My motivation to do both of the above has not been there as of late.

Hi, ive always felt exactly the same, last couple of years im starting to understand these feelings as i get deeper into questions about life, my origin and purpose.
Never had a spiritual surrounding till i met some people 4 years ago, and that was the time i began understanding my self, my real self that is.

As for what to do with it; im not quite sure, this is what im doing with it
I am personally because of all this very attracted to learning about how to set up a spiritual community that can serve it self in basic needs independant.
Might sound a bit extreme, but i am a firm believer only small communitys can be sustainable'(on the long run).
This is my biggest joy, dreaming about building a template of heaven on earth,and i see that the more i dream about it, and dare to believe in it; i meet people and come across knowledge in such a synchronistic way that i know, eventually this dream will manifest.

Cant really give you anything helpfull but i really felt like leaving a post because it reminds me alot about myself.

What is your biggest dream or desire?
Every1 has their unique talents and ability's, thoughts and ideals.
There is not a single person out here like you, so that alone makes every1 special; so what do you think are your individual quality's the world could use?

good luck finding your place in life!

Thanks for the response! Yes I share very similar feelings about the world. Overall I'd say my biggest dream would be to see the world united in peace. A world that's not based on greed and power. A world that loves unconditionally, and lives for the greater good of the human race and the planet earth. It seems like such a huge stretch though, when I sit back and look at the world. So much hatred, corporations come before human interests, the media is ridiculous, and extremism is everywhere. I've been trying to rack my brain on a perfect society, but there's just so much to go from point A to point B, it seems almost pointless. That is one of my biggest dreams, though.

I've no doubt this knowledge was passed on to me in the same way, though during the process over many years I thought it was just me. And I was oblivious for most of that time that the process was even occuring.

It's about self belief and empowerment. This is what all the great sages and masters have taught through out human civilisation. I could go on but I'd better leave it here. I hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that was very informative. I do meditate from time to time, but I have to admit that I don't do it as often as I should. I usually practice chakra style meditation, when I do, but I will definitely look into what you suggested.

Thanks everyone for all of your help and suggestions. I'm going to try and meditate more often and attempt to find the answer. Any other posts are quite welcome

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Barcs]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that if there is a catastrophic event of apocolyptic proportions, I feel the majority of the forum would be ones to lead people out of darkness.

That is if such an event occured. I believe that's what the wake up call may be. Or, it might be delusion and fantasy. Who knows?

The majority of this forum would be on my 'AVOID AT ALL COSTS' lists.. no offense, you guys are swell cats, but a lot of you are crazy recluses...

Anyway..

If you want to help change the world for the better, get educated and involve yourself in a cause in an activist capacity.

It's very rewarding (plus I have found that lots of hot women are involved at the grassroots level.)

[edit on 26-10-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Umm...do you understand that the time they force you to invest in gaining an institutional education is 90% wasted time? There only needs be sufficient time for theory work and then learning on the job for the most beneficial result. But that's not how it's done. Why is that not the case? The only exception to this *might* be something that's purely academic but those are few and far between.

And really, why can't we learn things on our own? You have to be of a certain level of intelligence/motivation in order to be accepted to uni in any case. Why is it that those particular people have to spend years jumping through hoops?

Those who prefer not to attend uni, for whatever reason (I've found those to be frequently more genuinely interested in the service of others), should also be able to have that option without being beaten out by degree holders.

Things have lost proportion now. You don't need a diploma to be a cleaner. You don't need an education to be a receptionist or taxi driver, for example.

So, what to do about moving forward with the OP's awakening? I suggest you gradually learn meditation. It will be your greatest tool in furthering your Service. Learn to listen to your heart. You're probably completely deaf to it now but someone out there wants you awake - and now, not later. You have to meet them halfway.

Ultimately it is a matter of you making a decision and going for it uninhibited by the opinions of others. Only then are you following your heart.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The only real light that you will find is Jesus Christ. The light of the world.

All others who claim to offer 'light' are imposters, which you were warned about.......satan and his angels....which transform themselves into ministers of 'light'.

If you are humble, as you say, you will consider this.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
dude,awaken your chakras if you haven't already. i had that waiting feeling for a few years. Like something was supposed to happen,but I had no clue what. Started meditating and bosh,feeling's gone. Replaced by a rather nice feeling of "that's what I was waiting for"

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Umm...do you understand that the time they force you to invest in gaining an institutional education is 90% wasted time? There only needs be sufficient time for theory work and then learning on the job for the most beneficial result. But that's not how it's done. Why is that not the case? The only exception to this *might* be something that's purely academic but those are few and far between.

Please quote the passage I wrote telling him to go to college. Education need not be institutional.

As for your bashing of institutionalized education..

.. 90% is wasted time, eh? My guess is that for you, college was a means to an end to get a degree (If you went at all). Some of us ARE academics, and yes, they are few and far between, but we usually tend to be the ones advancing humanity.. in both directions.

I still think he needs to educate himself.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
The only real light that you will find is Jesus Christ. The light of the world.

All others who claim to offer 'light' are imposters, which you were warned about.......satan and his angels....which transform themselves into ministers of 'light'.

If you are humble, as you say, you will consider this.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I've already been there and done that. Trust me, religion is not for me. Spirituality, on the other hand, is completely different and I try to be a spiritual person in my daily life.

So, what to do about moving forward with the OP's awakening? I suggest you gradually learn meditation. It will be your greatest tool in furthering your Service. Learn to listen to your heart. You're probably completely deaf to it now but someone out there wants you awake - and now, not later. You have to meet them halfway.

Ultimately it is a matter of you making a decision and going for it uninhibited by the opinions of others. Only then are you following your heart.

Very good point. You are correct that nobody can force me to follow my heart. I do feel like I've been following my heart most of my life. I've been doing what's made myself and others happy for so long, but now it's starting to seem like it might not be the proper path. I will definitely start meditating more often. Deep down I've been wanting to do this, and now everybody mentioning it is definitely confirmation.

dude,awaken your chakras if you haven't already. i had that waiting feeling for a few years. Like something was supposed to happen,but I had no clue what. Started meditating and bosh,feeling's gone. Replaced by a rather nice feeling of "that's what I was waiting for"

Very cool. I do chakra meditation, but I have to admit it's only once in a while. I'll definitely get more into and try to set aside time each day to work on it.

.. 90% is wasted time, eh? My guess is that for you, college was a means to an end to get a degree (If you went at all). Some of us ARE academics, and yes, they are few and far between, but we usually tend to be the ones advancing humanity.. in both directions.

I still think he needs to educate himself.

Thanks Hank. I agree about education. It doesn't have to be institutionalized to be effective. There's no reason it has to be limited to your time in school. I'm constantly educating myself. I'm really getting into science lately, especially learning more and more about the universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Dude, chill. Get your pseudo-academic head out of your colon and use your alleged superior intellect to realize that I wasn't speaking to you. I posted a general response which illicited an insulting response from you only. Methinks that could be some defense mechanism in an attempt to create/maintain an online persona? I must say, the quality of your script isn't of academic standard.

But, OP, you also stated that you aren't eligible to take an exam because you lack a tech college degree. So why are you siding with him?

Yes, I agree too that education is paramount. But walking through life with your eyes open *is* education. It's what we don't do anymore but is key to awareness. Also, talking to really elderly people will give you info you can't find in any textbook. They really are our greatest asset and our least utilized.

Don't bother commenting for my benefit. I'm off this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you believe there is somewhere you need to be other than where you are, something you need to be other than what you are, do you believe you'd know it if it presented itself to you? Too often in my life I didn't. The why is simple: Because I didn't feel that whatever was open to me at the time fit what I believed I was supposed to do. But there was no need to doubt as I found that whatever I need is always be available to me in some form. If we truly seek, we must truly trust.

The first step is to be open. Everything else is simply peeling back the layers.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Dude, chill. Get your pseudo-academic head out of your colon and use your alleged superior intellect to realize that I wasn't speaking to you.

My mistake, please withdraw my rather pointed remark on the having you quote me.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

You and I are very much a reflection of each other. I relate very much to what you said and understand your feelings.

There are many good points regarding meditation which I would advise following. The main point being that you will find you're own way. Everyone discovers things specific to them along the way and it's important to take note of these things. Start with the suggestions and mix in your own twist.

But how can someone like me, who has relatively no actual influence on the current power structure, actually change the world for the better?

There is much you can do. Helping one is helping the whole. Anywhere that applies, you are doing your part.

The Earth needs much healing. You see what it's inhabitants are feeling, imagine what she's going through. The majority of my meditations have switched on to helping the Earth balance out the massive ball of confused energy that rests within her.

I know this sounds weird, but I feel like my life is at a standstill at the moment.

Me too. Completely. I can't bring myself to go to work, pay bills...anything. I'm completely unplugging from "their" world yet this standstill is looming largely.

Understand that everything is always in divine order. As discomforting as it can feel, you are in exactly the right spot. Trust me on this, you will not be in stand still for long.

This makes me think that maybe I'm here for a reason.

You are. We all are. We are all eternal beings learning from everything. I will say that specific to this time in planetary history, there are many entities that have incarnated here to assist with the transformation you are starting to see happen.

I have discovered that I have many missions in life. The more it goes on, the bigger they become. I have to come to see through meditation that one of my missions is to assist with the vibrational increase that is happening. Looks inwards with longer periods of silence and you'll be amazed what you discover.

Here is my bit of advice and it will not comes as a surprise: use light. Imagine light surrounding you, the Earth.....everything. Learn the qualities within each color and what they can do. Encompass it within meditation as well as daily life. If you want to do something for the good of all, light is one of many great tools. Obviously, I'm partial

Here are a couple reads that will make you think:

lightascension.com...

www.lightascension.com...

You'll be wonderful if you believe it. I do.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
^That's a very good site! Thanks for the info! That actually makes perfect sense, especially the part about getting rid of negative emotions. My anger does occasionally hold me back, and that website has been very helpful in expelling it. I've always thought I just had horrible luck with poker and encountering bad drivers, but now I realize that this is happening because of my anger, instead of the other way around. I feel better already. Great post!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Barcs]

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Hey everyone. I just want to first request that you read this with an open mind. I'm not trying to push any agenda or focus on selfish intentions, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can to have a positive influence in the world. Change is the popular trend going around right now, and it IS happening, albeit very slowly. But how can someone like me, who has relatively no actual influence on the current power structure, actually change the world for the better? I'm talking about real change. Real healing. I feel the world's pain everyday, and I'm reaching the breaking point, and almost feel helpless when looking at the big picture.

I know this sounds weird, but I feel like my life is at a standstill at the moment. Something needs to be changed. Something needs to push things forward. I kind of see the world right now almost like a puzzle that needs to be put together properly, and I see many reflections of myself and others in the grand scheme of things. This makes me think that maybe I'm here for a reason. Of course, I could always just be crazy, but my intentions are pure.

Basically I am hoping that somebody can give me a proverbial nudge in the right direction. Overall things are good in my life, but I feel like something is missing. I feel like I need a real purpose instead of being another drone in the system. I posted this here in the Paranormal section on ATS because I'm looking mostly to spiritually enlightened people for answers. I know many people will say that you must change from within to change the outside, or that many small changes from many people can equal large change, but I'm not really looking at that aspect of it. The way I see it, the world needs help and healing more than anything right now, and I want to make sure that I am where I need to be to help in the best way I can. I seem to be getting a lot of external signs lately that are screaming for me to change my current path in life. Does this make sense? Am I the only one with these feelings?

I'm humble and will happily accept any advice or guidance that you kind folks have to offer. Feel free to PM me or post here in the thread. I look forward to hearing your responses. I'm not really looking for suggestions of charity work and specific organizations, I'm looking for spiritual guidance to help me get on the right path.

Thanks!

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Barcs]

Did you say you were humble, are you joking

You hate creationists and belittle people to find superiority, well you do it to me so I assume you do it to many others, here and in the real world

Maybe that might be an issue.

Try accepting others even if you dont agree with them.
maybe accept others opinions even if they are wrong to you.

I accept your opinion even though I see it as wrong.

Maybe accept you dont know everything

But you cant do that, you are not strong enough to be humble, the pride is to strong in you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join