It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "bar" changed colors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

It's simple. Fear the Skittle. Or was it Fear the Hammer? Now I can't remember... I lost my ATS Big Secrets Handbook...

Someone mentioned that "light green" comes with Moderator Status? ...

< < < < < < < <

Mine recently turned from a lovely Purple to this... Not sure this is even a real colour?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

And so what's up with Gemwolf's bar?
It looks pale and sickly.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Actually I mentioned that but for some reason the rest of my post disappeared when I used this:

< < < < < < <

There's a conspiracy going on I tell ya!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Maybe for mods it goes lighter the more members you ban.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Um, sure, but I am not sure how to go about it since we cannot access any of the background information. There may not be any logical reason to the system, or there may be people who they have made exceptions for, that could throw everything off. For example look at Benevolent Heretic, TheLibra, or The Vagabonds. Also it may be a completely different setup for mods and super mods, who knows?

I thought for awhile it was a ratio based on the combination of applause on ATS/BTS/PTS, but my color has been nasty green for a long time now, and the BTS bar is apparently still separate (maybe). I think that for awhile they also had it so if you filled the first bar the second one appeared, but I am not sure if that is why there is a blue on some or if its a separate BTS bar. Maybe it has to do with being a Writer/Fighter/Scholar, Subject Matter Expert, Tin Wiki expert, so on. All of these factor may play into it. Back in the old ATS days people who's bar got to long also used to break and disappear, so who knows what happens to those ones now.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That seems like an awful lot of work Defcon.
How bout we just keep asking the staff until one of them relents?

[edit on 10/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And so what's up with Gemwolf's bar?
It looks pale and sickly.

Maybe its going to die and drop off.

I think for mods it has something to do with sarcasm though...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Perhaps you're referring to the ultramarine sunglasses of your avatar? Of course, I shall say I cannot think of what else you may be referring to, my friend...

Edit to add: I think a sarcaso-o-meter is a fine idea! Let's start working on that PHP right now! ....

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think I might have an answer... Maybe...
It has to do with the color of the topic you post in the most.
Here look at Justin Oldhams compared to his forums color of orange

Gem probably posts a lot in board questions and business.

I post in a lot of green threads such as religion, Paranormal, and fragile earth, Etc.. With a few posts in other areas that are mainly red, like UFOs, or 911.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here, look at johnnies, and the color of their forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here is Dave, again blue:
Dave Rabbit

DimensionalDetective's is getting pale yellow and sick looking from posting in the black News sections, and orangish Politics.
Politics
Breaking News
DimensionalDetective
Mikesingh mostly in his own forum now, which is again orange
Edit to add some more examples...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You my friend, seem to have resolved one of the great mysteries of ATS.
Thanks to my exceptional motivational skills of course.

Way to, dare I say it, think outside the ...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So fearing the skittles actually kinda makes sense now I think.

All the different colours, just like the different boards!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Possibly...
I can guess many of the members color based on that theory, but there are still a couple that seem off to me. Mostly Mods, who for the vast part seem to have their colors locked. However, I think its on the right track, maybe it is a combination of the forum you post in and the forum in which you get the most applause. Supposedly applause still intensifies the color. I have gotten a lot of applause in the survival section which is orange, and it appears to make my bar slightly OD colored.

Since I have been posting in here tonight it has gotten much greenish/grayer, I assume because this area is gray/black. If you recall it was much darker green earlier tonight.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In truth there is one that really threw me, Intelgirls. I was trying to think of folks that post in one main area mostly, and hers should have been blue from the aircraft threads. Unless she also posts a lot in the UFO area, I don't get hers. However, Military Projects is sort of pinkish, so is weaponry. Maybe its not the individual boards color, but rather there is a color assigned to the category in which that board falls under. For example Military projects, and Weaponry, fall under the same category as UFO's which is most certainly red, and aircraft fall under Science which is Blue, making hers dark red. Therefore, maybe its not the sub-category, but rather the overall category it falls under.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation to seek this out.

Its been a lot of fun.

Edit to add.
There is no way to figure this out 100% though because we can only see a members last 250 posts, and have no idea what posts they got applause on. Besides this they move and change board colors from time to time. The only way to test it is for us to only start posting in one area for awhile.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is a great thread, thanks for posting this question SD and great detective work D5.

I have always wondered about the bars, but I never asked because of the funny answers people would get when they asked.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is a great mystery that only one man can really answer. That man is SkepticOverlord. If I am not mistaken if someone actually cracks the code and the logic behind the bar system there is still like ton's of points up for grabs.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nice one schrodingers dog for posting this, I was looking last night for a thread on this very subject.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It's based off of applause and post count and your member status. That is all I am at liberty to discuss.

Your bar is drifting from greens into the yellows based on your applause/post count ratio as well as your status as non-staff.

It's complicated but I tracked it for about a month using Photoshop and color codes and watched carefully with the influx of new staff (and how their status bars would change after their promotion).

Reds, oranges, teals, greens, blues, purples, and yellows I have figured out but I'm at a loss when it comes to the peach.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
This is a great mystery that only one man can really answer. That man is SkepticOverlord. If I am not mistaken if someone actually cracks the code and the logic behind the bar system there is still like ton's of points up for grabs.

Did somebody say points? I didn't know there was a contest. I just did it because I have no life. Who do I submit what I figured out to? I've been hoarding the info to myself and only let one other person know. Tell all. I want my reward.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I thought you guys would have figured this out on the first page

The answer to your question is Snip

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join