It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What cha call it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If a cyborg is a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device... and if an android is an automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human...

Then the question I have for you is:

What cha call a human being that wasnt and isnt operated by a person, and wasnt and isnt an automaton, that still functions as a human being like you and me?

Or, what cha call a non-automaton human being that functions as a human being that is without any mechanical or electronic device, but is still operated by a remote control (that is also a non-mechanical/non-electronic device) that is running a pre-set, automatic artifical intelligence program?

^^And such is all with, whether or not, the human being in question houses a person, since afterall a person could not actually ever operate such the body they may have outside their control.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Possibly Automaton.
Though most ATS'ers call them sheeple...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Other possibilities:

Golom
Homunculus
Simulacrum
Synthetic Life

PS, as long as we are talking about syntax, “What cha” is spelled “What'cha”, or more properly “what do you”...

Edit to point out -> Note this under the artificial life page:
Synthetic biochemical life
Wet Alife

[edit on 10/20/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
First one: Biological Robot

Second One: F___ed Up (minus the censoring) lol jk a Second Being (meaning a person is living their life in another body)

I'd also argue that both could fall under my made up title of Biological Robot though. The first is not controlled by another human, but isn't mechanical or electronic (which to me means it's biological) and the second is non mechanical, controlled by a non mechanical remote control, and a robot is controlled by remote so it'd fall under that too.

Interesting thought though

new topics

top topics

join