It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What new route will creationists go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
They've tried to ban evolution, they've tried "Teach the controversy", they've tried "Intelligent Design." All have been overturned and thrown away. What new tactic will creationists try next?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Like John McCain and Sarah Palin are doing with the Ayers thing, they will just continue to push the lies...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
can you please show me your sources on all the above statements?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
maybe creationists will mount a sneak attack whereby they hold a meeting between creationists and evolutionists and they say, "we were wrong, sorry guys."

then while the evolutionists are confused, they will be flanked on either side by thousands of creationists armed with super soakers and kazoos doing a heartfelt rendition of "Crosstown Traffic"...

lol

really though i couldn't say one way or another. for every argument a creationist comes up with, evolutionists have a counterpoint. it's not just one-sided, since both sides think that each other side is wrong.

ultimately whether we were created by a god or by evolution doesn't really matter, as we will all be dead. in the meantime, however, we're here right now and could be working toward common goals.

that's my .02

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well thirdeyeflight I don't need sources, I'm still pretty sure that intelligent design has not been disproven or proven.

AlexG you should know better...

[edit on 19-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
can you please show me your sources on all the above statements?

Here is just a few links that I found with little effort and 2 minutes of my time using the SEARCH function on ATS. A simple 'Google' search will show you many more related links...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

[edit on 19/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
Well thirdeyeflight I don't need sources, I'm still pretty sure that intelligent design has not been disproven or proven.

AlexG you should know better...

[edit on 19-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

You do realize the Dover trial proved that ID is just creationism in sheep's clothing?
I suggest this would be a useful video
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
evolutionists has no more answers than creationists or IDers

just more drivel from the ats version of the anti-religeon lobby group but then ive argeued all this in a previos post and i dont see anything new here that that would make evolution more than a theory.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

just because a us court makes a ruling it doesnt make it right or correct

creationism is the belief that every thing was made by god

ID is a belief that life was created and manipulated by an intelligent entity such an entity will more than likley fall short of what peoples expections are of a "God".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
They've tried to ban evolution, they've tried "Teach the controversy", they've tried "Intelligent Design." All have been overturned and thrown away. What new tactic will creationists try next?

Well...I was thinking about starting a new conspiracy theory which states that Dick Dawkins actually channeled all of his "scientific data" from the ghost of Charles Darwin who in turn got his entire theory for evolution by holding seances to contact some ancient, demonic ( but extremely hot ) Succubus chick named Annis Vox Satannis. Thus proving the satanic roots Darwinism. I was even going to create a Wiki article with links to back up my claims.

And I would have gotten away with it too...if it wasn't for you pesky kids...and that dog!!!!

******scoobie doobie dooooooooo!!!!!*************

OK...seriously. Do you honestly have nothing better to do with your time than sit around make threads to bash Christians? Do you have nothing better to do with your life? Seriously?????

Here is a thought. Click the little X in upper right hand corner of your computer screen. Slowly back away from the computer and get a life.

Seriously.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, most of the scientists that I have read on the topic state that the fossil record appears to show that life has been catastrophically wiped out, then the next type shows up immediately after it, with no examples of evolution between the two. Both Christian and non Christian alike can agree that there is adaptation within species, but there is no proof which exists that one species has evolved into another. As a Christian I tend to agree with the theory of Catastrophism, and I can find nothing in the Bible to dispute that its possible that there was a world here before the current world. To be honest there is scripture that tends to agree with the idea that there were things here before, and that we are getting close to the end of the current world. This also tends to agree with the beliefs of other ancient religions as well.

Sorry if this messes up your little antiChristian thread though.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yes, there is some scripture (maybe Jeremiah??) that talks about a pre-adamite civilization that was catastrophically destroyed. I believe it was probably a flood much like the one in the days of Noah. I've heard it called "Lucifer's flood". As someone else previously posted- instead of getting all "worked-up" about this ID vs evolution thing- believe what you choose and do something to make the world better. We don't need more crap...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
New route? Well the US prez is overly christian and supports creationism "The jury is still out on evolution" I've heard quoted of him. I also saw a thread or an article about Palin claiming man and dinosaurs lived together, so what new route?

Why BRAIN WASHING of course. My thinking is that they will pool their religious influence to force the teaching of creationism and the controversy (not that one exists inside the scientific community). Hell, the current administration doesn't mind going behind the backs of congress and the people. Religious schools will become more and more common and science and proper education will become less and less common.

This I imagine will be part of the future leaders plan to render the people incapable of critical and intelligent thought, and hence, stop revolution. Creationism will be a major part of the future relig-ising we will see inside America as creationism goes hand in hand with anti-intellectualism.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Oh yea, of course cataclysms tend to wipe out allot of life quite frequently, but it hardly supports creationism. After such an event allot of old niches are now vacant and natural selection goes into over drive filling them all in, leaving very little time for the fossil record to record things in a fairly representative manner. Remember it's not very easy to fossilise things, especially when there are very few of the things and they are confined to a small area. Also keep in mind that evolution doesn't work at a set speed but rather are many different speeds. Part of the nature of life is that it's opportunistic, so the speed of evolution will be determined by the state of the environment.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
evolutionists has no more answers than creationists or IDers

just more drivel from the ats version of the anti-religeon lobby group but then ive argeued all this in a previos post and i dont see anything new here that that would make evolution more than a theory.

Yes, it is a theory. Just as germs and gravity are. The fossils are there. The DNA evidence are there. We've observed speciation in countless organisms. Please tell me how we offer just as few answers as creationists?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Indeed. For creationist to come up the an equivalent amount of evidence, they'd have to find 6000yo fossils of trees from eden (they'd have to find eden first), and geological evidence of a global flood. That last one will be a tall order because it is impossible, as EVERY survey we have ever done would show this global flood.

On a side note, my father (religious) told me when I was little that eden was in the Sahara back when it was not a desert. I find this interesting because that is where the people whom the ancient Egyptians descended from. Trouble is that that idea supports the "Out of Africa" theory and happened around 9000BC so was apparent before the world was even form "In the beginning".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well if creationists are wise they will love GOD with all their hearts and minds and souls and love their neighbors as themselves for this sums up the law of the prophets and they will share the gospel with a brokeness for the lost and broken allowing those who have ears to hear to recieve it and respect the free will of those who dont. Hopefully the creationists will be wise and take an example from their bibles where not a single person turned to GOD because of debate or convincing but instead let the convictions of the spirit set the decision before each person and they can choose for themselves

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Only a tiny fraction of animals are preserved as fossils. We are lucky to have the ones we do, and even if we didn't, the evidence from other fields (genetics, geology, etc) would be sufficiently strong to produce and support the theory of evolution.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I hate to point this out, but the theory of evolution is only a theory, it's not proven fact. As a matter of fact, even some of the American Indians I have spent time with feel the exact same way, that there is adaptation not evolution. So Christianity is not the only religion to hold this viewpoint.

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Indeed. For creationist to come up the an equivalent amount of evidence, they'd have to find 6000yo fossils of trees from eden (they'd have to find eden first).

Actually if you are familiar with some of the other pseudopigraphal texts, which the Jews used to teach, you’d know that Eden was removed from the Earth. In books such as Jubilees we see that it was taken farther and farther away with each passing generation, until it could no longer be seen let alone reached.

Originally posted by Good Wolf
and geological evidence of a global flood. That last one will be a tall order because it is impossible, as EVERY survey we have ever done would show this global flood.

Actually I believe that the Flood was a more localized event that stemmed from an asteroid impact in a small sea near the middle east around 3000 BC. There have even been shells found on mountain tops in the area from this event. Shall we see if there was possibly a asteroid which impacted there in 3000BC?

Umm Al Binni Lake
Using satellite imagery, Master (2001, 2002) suggests the 3.4 km diameter dry lake may be an impact crater based on its nearly circular, slightly polygonal shape, rim shape, and contrasting shape to other lakes in the region. As to its origin, Master rules out Karst solution, salt doming, tectonic deformation, and igneous intrusion as well as possible bombing or man-made origins of the structure.
Master (2001, 2002) estimates the age of the crater to be

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join