It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO picture is 'best proof yet'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't have the heart to read all the pages.

Sun is a rag just like the Weekly World News which is famous for "Batboy".

That is a drop of water on the lens. Classic example. Refraction is obvious.

If the provider of the photo says otherwise they are lying.

Before people make these statements like "best proof", "best ever", "proof positive" and the many other claims constantly made, you should let the image be vetted by people with a clue and revue the source to make sure it is not an adult comic book poking fun at us.

18 years shooting with SLR's and DSLR's. Pro-Nikon bodies and lenses as an advanced amateur. Married to a professional, published, award winning photographer with similar experience. I spend an average of 20 hours a week in Photoshop and similar software, often more than that. I put out three or four publications a year and my Wife's work is featured in a publication that is put out twice monthly. I'm the Photoshop wizard and she is the one with the amazing eye for what makes a good shot. We are both successfully self-employed at what we do as a team with a staff of 4 or 5 in tow to handle advertising sales for the publications.

We throw shots like that away, or since we went digital I should say delete images like that. What I don't do is post them or run them in rags and call them UFO's.

When I see these photos where what they are is as obvious as this one, I know for a fact that the "Sun" knew damn well what that shot was. I think what is in my signature also applies to the UK it would seem.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix

Patently untrue, its illegal for a paper to make things up. The Sun like every other tabloid "sensationalise" the truth they do not invent stories.

Really? I know in the US there are ridiculous things that have no connection to any truth published in the tabloids, complete with "photographs". The only lawsuits I've heard about concern reports of a libelous nature.

One of my all time favorites:

I know they got a "scoop", they didn't make it up. They didn't know the photos were fake. Right?

Oh...here's a more up to date one!
Obama batboy

Can you give a reference to the statutes in the UK which prohibit papers from making things up? There are of course laws against libel but that a a very specific and often difficult to prove case. Making up tales of UFO's does not fall under that heading.

When it comes to the truly outrageous stories in tabloids like the Weekly World News, there is little fear of legal retribution. Stories about UFOs or bizarre cults can neither be proven nor disproven. Even if someone could prove that a story was fake, there isn't really any law against making up fake news stories, as long as real people mentioned in the story haven't been libeled.

Source

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Phage]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I watched an interview with the Publisher of the Weekly World News many years ago. He clearly said, the Weekly World News is an "Adult Comic Book" and if people believe it, it is not our fault. I remember it because what he said shut the interviewer down and he did not know what to say after that.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Right. Well no need to be so negative. I think we could at least wait for the photographer right? Or because its tabloid, we should just forget it?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

i would say it is fake as there is a gap between two of the layers if you look close enough

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's a drop of water.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Another thread claiming best photo ever, and yet again we get sucked in.

Because of the way we are being directed in regards to UFO activity recently, we are all drawn to threads with titles that claim 'undeniable proof' or 'Best Photo' there should be a rule on ATS where people can only use these words if the content in the thread supports these claims.

In my opinion this is not the best proof yet of a UFO. If anything it kind of ridicules the true efforts put in by many ufologists from around the world.

What is it with the sun newspaper anyway, its as if one minute they are pro ufology then the next ridicule??????

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just thought i'd point out that if you hold the right mouse button on the image then hold the space bar and let go of the right mouse button you can by-pass the copyright message to save the picture for your own viewing.

Strange shape I must say... So strange that its hard to make anything from it imo!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Looks quite intresting. I saw something similar when I was a kid, but I got no pics. anyway, im convinced that someone or something is watching us right now somewhere...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Looks like New version of a millitary dron.
Or complete phony all together.
It's Unidentified, flying , and an object... Still don't think it's under EBE control
Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
OMG i can`t believe alle the debunkers in here!

Makes me wonder if there are people getting payed to debunk stuff in here, some seem suspiciously eager to put an end to threads like this.

I am not saying that this is aliens, but let us atleast wait for the whole story to come out!!

I too want to know the truth, but I choose not to make up my mind before I get all the information. I`t so annoying to have to read throug so many rude, stupid posts.

I hope the OP follows this story end keep us (who are truly interested) updated.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
the object looks exactly like a water droplet on glass. you can see the back half of the object is just the reflection of the top half, who's flattened backside is reflecting sunlight.

try it yourself, put a droplet on a mirror or other glass, and look closely, you'll see something very familiar about the "object" in this pic.

edited to add:

the pattern on the top droplet is obvious 'lensing' of the reflection below, thats the dead giveaway.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by feydrautha]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Originally posted by stewartw2
Its a drop of water on the lens

Okay. Now provide us with a similar example to support your claims, where it was indeed a water droplet.

Oh, my gosh! It's an invasion!

So glad you posted this pic Nohup or I'd have been spraying droplets on my window today trying to get something that looked similar. The ufo pic is clearly a water droplet and there's another, smaller one, just above and slightly to the left, also another to the right on the edge of those stormy looking clouds. That ufo pic was taken from behind a window. Good job 'cos there's big rain coming methinks. I remember the last GREATEST ufo pic printed in the UK tabloids. It was an out of focus seagull. Sad really, because UFO's are real and they can be photographed, we just gotta look up more and have our cameras ready.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm in Dudley, just about two miles from the castle and town centre. Whilst I'm not sure the photo is that convincing it is very important to note that, if the photo was indeed taken in April 2008, then this lady was by no means alone in seeing UFOs over Dudley and the Black Country (a highly built up metropolitan area sandwiched in between Britain's second largest city - Birmingham, and the city of Wolverhampton).

I remember quite clearly a massive UFO buzz in this area from around April through to July. There were other photos taken too, right over Dudley. I'm not sure if they are the same UFO, and I can't locate them now, but they were in the Express & Star newspaper (the UK's largest regional paper), and also on the local radio and TV news.

As a side note I am also aware, as someone who has grown up in the area, that Dudley is sitting on top of a still active fault line. There was a major (by UK standards) earthquake last year (it actually originated on a fault under Grosvenor Road, Gornal - a street I used to live on!). Also my grandfather was a coal miner around here and he used to tell me about the pretty impressive fault lines that criss cross this whole area. I know some people think that 'Earth lights' are the result of movements on fault lines.

Just some stuff to ponder.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
cant believe some of the people on here my opinion it looks nothing like a water drop, and your all slagging the tabloids off but at least they got the balls to put pics like this in there papers, for a start even if a credible picture that was the best ever picture yet of a ufo was to be released it still wouldnt make the pages of any of the big papers cause of the fact that they dont want to make themselves look like a tabloid and havent got the balls to put it on their pages, its the pic that was meant to be coming under discussion not the paper, it clearly states where the picture came from and the name of the women its her that should be questioned of her credibility not the damn paper that printed the story!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies_
reply to post by brettcal82

img.thesun.co.uk...

going from that small picture, it looks like the sun reflecting off the lens or a water droplet on the lens of the camera.

it's a shame about the resolution because we cannot see enough of it to tell if it is or not.

Are we looking at the same image? It doesn't look anything like what you described.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucidliving

I was thinking the same thing..

Any Air Bases nearby that it could have come from?

Looks too "I Dunno"...., Human?

Definately Jet Propultion comming out the rear end there, one would think Higher civilisations would have gotten out of that habbit a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Sad really, because UFO's are real and they can be photographed, we just gotta look up more and have our cameras ready.

Agreed. It's unfortunate that the field is so cluttered with this stuff, which does nothing to advance anyone's understanding of the real phenomenon. All it does is to stir up the less critical among us who see alien craft in every cloud and blurry photo.

It's been demonstrated to my satisfaction that there are "real" UFOs out there, and every now and then somebody sees one and/or luckily takes a picture of it. Those sightings are very few and very rare, but they do happen. Too bad those simple sightings get buried under the noise of all the junk.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brettcal82it clearly states where the picture came from and the name of the women its her that should be questioned of her credibility not the damn paper that printed the story!

credibility? she can be a nun or a serial killer, it makes no difference.

all she can do is verify that she shot the pic through a closed window, and did not notice the droplet.

taking a picture doesn't make one an expert in examining photographs.

did you try putting a water droplet on glass and look closely at it?

see the distance between the droplet and its reflection, from the thickness in the glass?

see how the droplet lenses it's own reflection?

look familiar?

case closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join