It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO picture is 'best proof yet'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

Hint: The Sun is a tabloid.

and tabloids post rubbish right
what better paper for it to appear in then

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hint: The Sun is a tabloid.

I thought it was a star

Honestly I don't know what it is. Digital cameras produce some interesting effects but then again so would a vehicle of a civilzation far in advance or our own. Only the nanny knows for sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by special

and tabloids post rubbish right
what better paper for it to appear in then

Yep. I mean, tabloids were the first to report on the whole John Edwards affair thing, can't trust them at all!

On subject, it looks cool to me! Not like a drop of water or the sun through clouds.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Juston]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
so little green men re out there . are they after our cows for a barbecue or are they after a bit of weird anal with you and a probe . youare isignificant they dot ant your brains . they made it here on there own they dont need you to hold thee hand www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If a photo is proof alone, then I have a bridge to sell in Brooklin. Proof is another thing entirely.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey All,

Okay, this is great - Dudley is my home town so i was actually quite shocked to read this, lol.

Ive looked at this picture and im pretty certain that this was not taken from Dudley Castle, the picture is of really low quality and so its hard to make out but i think that the bold building in the distance is actually the castle. I would say that this was taken a couple of miles away...

Anyway, it actually seemed quite an important point at the time...

Cheers all

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Originally posted by stewartw2
Its a drop of water on the lens

Okay. Now provide us with a similar example to support your claims, where it was indeed a water droplet.

Oh, my gosh! It's an invasion!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Honestly, I'm not sure there are many people that are still waiting for proof. There are tons of photos, videos including from the governments. The UFO subject is like a native in a primitive jungle gawking at airplanes flying by and making up a bunch of myths and conjectures about that it is. Then getting a ride on one sometime later. So what? Wouldn't really make a fundamental change in their life. Yes, they would enjoy the discovery and learning and experience, but did it really solves the needs of their soul? No. Most of us would love to chat with some good aliens and visit their home planet for lunch but when the days over we might not be so closed minded, we may change somewhat as individuals but it's not the most important thing in life.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Drop of water on the lens is correct.

And the nimbostratus clouds in the sky of the photo jive perfectly with this theory.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Kwapp]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Another thread titled "UFO picture is 'best proof yet"

The photo proves nothing at all, not even close. Take a look at the source. It's a tabloid site. Big deal

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow this thread took a huge turn from trying to make out what it is with proof, to just theorizing. Oh well. I still think its inconclusive. OP should keep up with what happens with the photographer.

BTW: So what if it is from a tabloid. We should focus on the picture.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

You so funny! invasion...
And, I agree with the people asking why do others start these threads with "PROOF" of UFOs...as if it's settled? Look, I want to belive. I want proof. But, I'm not bold enough to make that claim.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Pamie]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Wow this thread took a huge turn from trying to make out what it is with proof, to just theorizing. Oh well. I still think its inconclusive. OP should keep up with what happens with the photographer.

BTW: So what if it is from a tabloid. We should focus on the picture.

Because it's just a picture, there's only so much we can say about it. It's a blob. Maybe aliens (whee!), or maybe just a water drop on a windshield (aww!).

No more information. No pieces of it. No nothing. The End.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

All that picture prooves is it wasnt a water droplet. It looks nothing like them.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brettcal82

I would like to let everyone know who is NOT from Great Britain that the Sun is England's most notorious tabloid newspaper- 10 x worse than the USA's Nat'l. Enquirer. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING that those people print- they make up all sorts of things to sell papers. As an artist with knowledge of Photoshop & Maya, one can create images of almost anything & make it look real. I'm not saying that UFOs don't exist- I think we all know that something is going on out there- I'm suggesting that there are much more credible sources to be had. I recommend the photo gallery of the French website GEIPAN, as all of the pix are investigated by an independent panel of experts. Deianera

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OK, guys, just to be fair, the OP was only quoting the title of the article in the title of this thread. Also, the 'source' is the UK equivalent of 'The National Enquirer' here in the states. I still remember the headline of "I'm pregnant with Bigfoot's Baby" gracing the cover of one of these 'newspapers'. Given that...

To me it looks like a cross between the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars and the Defiant from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Most likely a [HOAX], but you never know.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by brettcal82

I would like to let everyone know who is NOT from Great Britain that the Sun is England's most notorious tabloid newspaper- 10 x worse than the USA's Nat'l. Enquirer. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING that those people print- they make up all sorts of things to sell papers. As an artist with knowledge of Photoshop & Maya, one can create images of almost anything & make it look real. I'm not saying that UFOs don't exist- I think we all know that something is going on out there- I'm suggesting that there are much more credible sources to be had. I recommend the photo gallery of the French website GEIPAN, as all of the pix are investigated by an independent panel of experts. Deianera

Patently untrue, its illegal for a paper to make things up. The Sun like every other tabloid "sensationalise" the truth they do not invent stories.

They were approached by someone and decided it made a good story, thats all, they certainly didnt photoshop any images or invent the story because that is in breach of journalism law.

How can papers explain wild stories? Simple, by the fact that if someone claims something to be true, a aper is within its rights to publish it. They dont actually have to prove or disprove it. If someone comes along and claims you are the son of satan, The Sun can publish the claim.

Contrary to popular belief the tabloids contain as much truth as any other paper they just have a policy of sensationalising stories.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

It would be incredibly naive to suggest a tabloid paper, especially the Sun, is interested in publishing the truth. They are interested in publishing whatever will sell the most newspapers. This is the real world, not "Men in Black".

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Rotoplooker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join