It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West 'working with' Iran on nuke plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

West 'working with' Iran on nuke plant

news.smh.com.au

An Iranian nuclear official claimed Western countries had declared their readiness to cooperate with Iran in the construction of its first homemade nuclear reactor in southwestern Iran, Mehr news agency reported.

The 360-megawatt light-water nuclear reactor in Darkhowayn is under the supervision of the country's Atomic Energy Organisation and is due to be finished by 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't help but have a pesonal chuckle at the completion date. Now I have that out of my system....

I would be interested to see which 'western' countries are willing to b involved, and just how involved would they be?
My next question would be, is the offer to help just a way to keep an eye on what is going on? or would Iran have a free(ish) run.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I say, let Iran have all the nuclear power it wants. If the amicable "west" is willing to help them do it, good for them. If they want to keep an eye over there and make sure they don't build nukes, great for them.

If we show Iran respect and help them build NPP's, maybe they'll show us some respect and not develop nuclear weapons.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I say, let Iran have all the nuclear power it wants. If the amicable "west" is willing to help them do it, good for them. If they want to keep an eye over there and make sure they don't build nukes, great for them.

If we show Iran respect and help them build NPP's, maybe they'll show us some respect and not develop nuclear weapons.

Yeah, maybe.

I'm familiar with your line of thinking, but unfortunately, war with Iran is pre-ordained. McCain and Obama both showed, in pandering to AIPAC, that they are more than willing to command US forces against perceived Iranian aggressions against American interests in the Middle East [i.e. Israel and control of energy]

Now, as far as "maybe they'll show us some respect and not develop nuclear weapons," methinks you may want to bone up a good bit more on the Iranian paradigm. It does not presently allow room for "show[ing] us some respect."

It's a very nice thought, but regretably naive.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
I'm familiar with your line of thinking, but unfortunately, war with Iran is pre-ordained. McCain and Obama both showed, in pandering to AIPAC, that they are more than willing to command US forces against perceived Iranian aggressions against American interests in the Middle East [i.e. Israel and control of energy

Now that is something to think about. The whole western world was against the idea of Iran having nuke power, yet now they are scramblng to help...
I wonder how long it would be before somebody "finds" plans for a weapon.

new topics

top topics

join