It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips on using a touch screen for voting and avoiding errors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In another thread, there have already been accusations that someone in an early voting state had voted Obama and that somehow it had switched to McCain.

See this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My experience with touch screens indicates that it was most likely user error, although with electronics, anything is possible even with the most reliable of systems.

That being said, rather then creating a mountain out of a mole hill, I thought it would be nice to address the issues of using a touch screen and how to avoid problems when casting your vote should you need to use one.

If you watch this video, a couple of important points.

1: Use the fingernail or the very tip of your finger to touch the screen.

2: If you use the more broad portion of your finger, you may accidently highlight another box and incorrectly vote for something or someone you had not intended.

3: People have a tendency to rest their hand on the screen while using it. Do not steady your hand on the screen, but rather use the tip of your finger. Nothing else!

Watch carefully how the gentleman in this video uses the screen. Because the boxes are stacked, when one lays their finger on the screen as though touching a doorbell, it is easier for the portion of the finger farthest from the tip to accidently trigger the box below.

If this thread gets moved Im good with that.. Im really not sure where to put it, but at the same time, I am hoping that could reduce some potential error if people know before hand what to expect.

Peace

[edit on 19-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

join