It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis = Gods of the Sumerians?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Now Harte

Or is it the reptilians keeping it hidden from us?

We all know its the omnipresent, all seeing, immortal and all powerful archaeological community that is doing this.....

Parta, aside from the word Annunaki what would you pick as the three most solid pieces of evidence that the world Sitchin described was actually real? These should be items that you have personally researched and verified as being compelling and in your mind, proven.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Now Harte

Or is it the reptilians keeping it hidden from us?

We all know its the omnipresent, all seeing, immortal and all powerful archaeological community that is doing this.....

Parta, aside from the word Annunaki what would you pick as the three most solid pieces of evidence that the world Sitchin described was actually real? These should be items that you have personally researched and verified as being compelling and in your mind, proven.

It should be pointed out here that Parta has not tried to make the case for Sitchin's alien intervention story in this thread.

Parta has only taken exception with what I've said about the word "Annunaki," as far as I can tell.

Harte

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Howdy Harte

Why would someone buy into that meaning of Annunaki if they didn't find Sitchin compelling? Well........ we'll await Parta comments.

I mean I'm married so I'm use to being wrong all the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Harte

Howdy Harte

Why would someone buy into that meaning of Annunaki if they didn't find Sitchin compelling?

I really couldn't say.

Some people are just argumentative, not that I know anyone like that!

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No, no one like around here at all! LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Interesting read and good contributions.....

A couple of things that I've found out whilst researching this topic.

Fact 1: There is no universal knowledge level within any society.
Take for example me; I have a university education but wouldnt have a clue how to build a pyramid, forge steel or build a simple working "A "frame for moving heavy objects for example.

All have been mastered by humans in the past but without access to books, experts or the internet; most people in an operating society wouldnt have a clue where to start on these feats.

Fact 2:
Modern Human history is relatively short due to the fact many previous societies would have to deal with climatic and geological issues that either prevented them from advancing or if they did advance; it was all lost by a 5 metre increase in sea level or a 5 degree change in temp. for e.g.

Fact 3:
Necessity is the mother of invention

As detailed above; within none globalised societies (and perhaps in Globalised but this is another discussion) a small number of people hold the appropriate knowledge to achieve advances.

Less than 0.00000001 % of the human population was involved in creating the A bomb for eg.
When a large modern building is built; the surveyor and architechts know whats going on and the other 500 people involved are mainly just following their plans.

The necessity in the case of ancvient civilisations was to inspire their populous with the appropriate level of subjugation to allow them to rule.

If this meant building funny shaped large buildings and using them to communicate with "the gods" then so be it...if it took 100 years it was worth it in terms of control.

So Gods of the sumerians; no -one/didnt exisit ; ideas invented by the same human brain that causes so much joy and pain today.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i am not argumentative. the world just doesn't need anyone contradicting a hundred years of work by real scholars unecessarily. am i wrong?

i have actually never read sitchin on any level deeper than making sure i'm not clicking on a link making him a real roid. my interest in the anunnaki is purely in association with ground features and artifacts which through common orthodoxy have been geographically and mythologically associated with them but really checking them out has ALWAYS been off limits until not too too long ago.

so all i am saying is that obviously there were folks who spawned the civilization. alot of real scholars call then anunnaki but thats really of no matter. the origin of these folks has been tossed around for along time and one of the locations that was popular has been found to have a large apsu like structure across a now dried up strait from a twin peaked mountain island exactly as the seals have indicated. there are thousand circular villages/cities as there should be and even a pyramidal volcanic plug flattened on top in the middle of a vast plain near it all. its communist spooky but not alien.

it does happen to be very near a location which the national institute of geology in bucharest is claiming to be atlantis... what can i say.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Thanks for the explanation Parta, so you are saying you believe/or are aware of a claim that Atlantis was located in the vicinity of Roumania?

Might you have cite or link for that?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta
i am not argumentative. the world just doesn't need anyone contradicting a hundred years of work by real scholars unecessarily. am i wrong?

No, but the word itself is from the Babylonians.

i have actually never read sitchin on any level deeper than making sure i'm not clicking on a link making him a real roid. my interest in the anunnaki is purely in association with ground features and artifacts which through common orthodoxy have been geographically and mythologically associated with them but really checking them out has ALWAYS been off limits until not too too long ago.

I don't get this.

First, why don't you just call them "Anunna" like the Sumerians did, if you refer to the Sumerian gods?

Second, how could you possibly say any of these artifacts have been "off limits?"

They are all on public display in various countries.

There is a wealth of information on the tablets that have been translated. One may view untranslated tablets, or pics of them, if one really wishes to.

The only thing "off limits" is the area they come from - and then only because you could easily be killed by bad guys living there.

Originally posted by Parta...obviously there were folks who spawned the civilization. alot of real scholars call then anunnaki but thats really of no matter. the origin of these folks has been tossed around for along time and one of the locations that was popular has been found to have a large apsu like structure across a now dried up strait from a twin peaked mountain island exactly as the seals have indicated. there are thousand circular villages/cities as there should be and even a pyramidal volcanic plug flattened on top in the middle of a vast plain near it all. its communist spooky but not alien.

Not enough is known about the rise of the peoples of mesopotamia to ascribe it to outside influence.

There is certainly evidence of occupation there far predating the oldest Sumerian cuneiform ever found.

So, what exactly is it that the outsiders (whoever they were) actually brought to mesopotamia, assuming such a thing actually occurred?

That is, obviously people move in and out of regions over time. I believe that current thinking has the Sumerians coming out of the Caucasus.

Beyond that, I don't see evidence for the influence of any "outsiders," Atlantean, alien, or otherwise.

But, like I said, not enough is known about the earliest Mesopotamian settlers. Yet.

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the romanian fellows are listed at the atlantis conference in athens website [middle danube atlantis]. they are very quiet and extremely private it seems but their names are listed and the conference is over...

you can certainly see the structure they are talking about on googlemaps. you cannot see it on googleearth anymore but someone saved a whole bunch of pictures before any silliness started.

the apsu and mashu seem to be in serbia.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

sorry harte. right now you are still the only one who says sumerians did not call the anunnaki anunnaki. that makes you the outsider. right now you are a math teacher untrained in any field related to that which we speak so you have less juice than sitchin.

as much as you'd like to sound smart by saying nothing at all, it doesn't work. i don't know how anyone can carry on like you do while admitting that your entire knowledge base is wiki and even that disagrees with you.

ps. what you know of the world and the access we've had to it is laughable. have you ever been out of memphis?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Parta]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The black sea Atlantis

Is this what you are referring to Parta?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

no. this is the middle danube. carpathian basin. banat [it fills the whole screen]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

[Shrugs shoulders] so? You might want to provide a bit more information.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
[shrugs shoulders] why must i? i can point you to some picture galleries that are not theirs but that won't make you happy will it. pretty much all that would is contacting them yourself right? i can only say that i can find no reason to disagree.

are you a "no atlantis no where" person or just a "no atlantis there" person?

TICLEANU M. Geological Institute of Romania
NICOLESCU R. Geological Institute of Romania

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

It would seem you don't want to communicate properly. Good bye

[edit on 9/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

sorry harte. right now you are still the only one who says sumerians did not call the anunnaki anunnaki. that makes you the outsider.

No, I've provided you with quotes from your own sources right here in this thread that state this very fact.

Not my fault if you can't get your alien overlord blinkers off long enough to understand a somewhat complicated matter.

right now you are a math teacher untrained in any field related to that which we speak so you have less juice than sitchin.

Actually, I have the same juice as Sitchin, since we are equally trained in this field.

as much as you'd like to sound smart by saying nothing at all, it doesn't work. i don't know how anyone can carry on like you do while admitting that your entire knowledge base is wiki and even that disagrees with you.

In fact, wiki is used as a starting point by many around here. So what? It's fast, easy and convenient. It contains (usually) many valuable links to resources at the bottom of each page.
You, on the other hand, were completely unaware that several sources you claimed to have read were available free online as ebooks.

And your posts contain no links at all to any supporting evidence for any of the silly claims you make.

So, wiki 1, Parta 0

Regarding these ebooks of which you had no inkling, I suppose (for your sake) it's a good thing I brought this to your attention before you made some other stupid claim about what these books stated.

Or, perhaps I should have waited a little longer and allowed you to get your entire leg in your mouth before linking to sources you could only name, and at that only after you googled up some quick names of Assyriologists.

Originally posted by Partaps. what you know of the world and the access we've had to it is laughable. have you ever been out of memphis?

Oh, privy to big hairy secrets of which the rest of the world knows nothing, are we?
I've only been here a few years and I've been ready to move for several of them.

However, I wouldn't consider moving anywhere near Turkey, Russia or any other of the multitude of countries in the area.

Harte

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
wiki says that the anunnaki were sumerian harte.
harte 0
wiki 1
parta 1

if you read just a little farther in kramer than you did, you would see he says ur III and larsa [for the kings thereof]. the real goodies were discussion on anuna and anunnaki used in the same body of text [generally englishized as "anuna" and "anuna gods" but thats not what it says really]... thats on jstor and i think that is the most important bit. any gob knows the most quoted sumerian myhtologists on earth would be on ebooks.

harte -1
parta 2

when you write something that is quoted by any educated person anywhere harte, i'll give you 1 point so you'll be nothing again.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

i gave you the names of two real government geologists who presented at the athens conference. i could tell you couldn't find them. is that not communicating helpfully?

wouldn't seeing pictures not belonging to those geologists be a waste of our time really? i think it would. just wait for them. they are real government dudes. or maybe i am reading you wrong.

if you can come up with a reason off the top of that head why atlantis could not exist or exist there, please feel free to toss up.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join