It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Supernatural Ability

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i believe such things are possible. Science has proven that our brain produces electricity. I believe learning to control this is something someone would have to devot their life to. I know one of my x girl friends had eplilepsie. I never witnessed it but she claimed that often times computers and electrical devices would go off or burn out in her presence. Although i also discovered she was a drunk druggie shortly there after. Read into it what you want. I can't tell you whats real or not. It sounds liek you have som experimenting to do. Keep notes and a record of everything you do and notice. just becarefull your playing with something you may not fully understand if it is real.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alex-In-Wonderland

I always found the "we can't prove it so it doesn't exist stance" very appealing. Then I grew up. We can't prove how ball lightning works, or gravity. Yet it exists. It's all about enhancement of abilities that are already inately in us. Just as some people heal faster than others or have better immune systems there are bound to be some with a super normal immune system, etc.

My ability is that I have a type of sonar sense. I can basically "see" with my eyes blindfolded. This is the only ability I can do controlled and I have only discovered it in the past 4 days.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Soulstone]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

I think maybe you are misunderstanding me. If so, I apologize for the confusion. That last post of mine wasn't directed to you. Just to anyone in general.

In fact, I am very interested in the possibility. I am only suggesting that I don't understand how it could work. Sure, I know about the studies pointing towards the idea that people can influence sensitive computers into generating false random readings.

My contention was only with the total electrical output of a modern home... Plus batteries.

If this idea is genuine, it is amazing. If it is even true it is most likely evidence of some naturally occuring EMP near the vacinity of the power outage. Meteor burst overhead causing the power outage? I'm not sure what could cause such an event without evidence elsewhere of it.

I'd love to hear more. I'm not trying to be condescending at all, sorry if it comes out that way.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I am unsure if modern day electronics could be influenced. All I know about is sensitive ones. I remember hearing stories of WWII where planes would malfunction in the cockpits of pilots during extreme battle with that along with the PEAR studies. I surmise it could be possible to effect an appliance. But as far as I know there is no human with enough of an electromagnetic field to influence even a normal computer......but we are all different. Perhaps there is some variable missing that this boy holds the key to.

Also sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
To the Original Poster, my advice is simply to practice.

Pick thinkgs you think you might be able to do and try them. Repeatedly. If you're able to do them consistently, try things that are more difficult. If you're unable to do them, try things that might be easier. Repeat this process.

If there's no change, that will be an answer.

If there is, that will also be an answer.

I would simply caution you to be suspicious of "Gee, sometimes these things happen, but I can't make them happen consistently, but I know I'm really doing it!" If you only only make things happen in time in ten, on Tuesdays when it isn't raining...whether or not you continue to believe that you're the one causing them, it's probably isn't useful. If you want it to be useful, you need to be able to do things consistently, however large or small those things may be.

Using telekinesis to cause a die to come up as a six is only useful if you can make it happen more than one out of six times.

As an experiment I once spent several days flipping a coin and trying to make a certain side come up, and tracked my results. At one point during the process I got 10 successes in a row. Did I do well? Did I "succeed?" It might sound like it until you also know that I flipped that coin ten thousand times over those several days...and my overall success ratio was less than 50%.

To be useful, it doesn't matter if you get occassional streaks of success.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
this story reminds me of the following fringe episode aired just a few days before your post 14/10/08
I myself can make mars bars disappear by eating them
and by concentrating long enough i can make traffic lights go green , nothing personal and no mocking meant
if you say it happens to you , why not , but i do remain more than skeptical
though I believe there is a lot we still have to discover and study around us

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I too was not having a digg directly at you my friend, i apologise if it seeme that way, wasn't joking about the light part though as to practice on something like a computer could cost you a lot of money compared to a light bulb.

as for the impossible, there is no such thing only things that are highly improbable which means everything is possible
staared an flagged so i can keep up with your progress

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hvitserk

Yes it reminded me of the fringe episode as well. But why not leave our conjecture to nothing more than coincidence or perhaps the episode being seen, giving him the idea of expressing his thoughts here. Thus giving him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I am more than willing to be proven wrong. As a matter of fact, it would make my DAY if I were wrong on this. Unfortunately, in order to prove that, the participant needs to be able to reproduce his results under controlled measuring observations to understand how it is possible to counter an electrical flow extremely higher than his own body's without FIRST suffering an epileptic seizure and secondly frying his body to a crisp.

PS... But then again, there IS that whole "spontaneous combustion" phenomenon. Ever wonder why people being electricuted convulse? That's the seizure.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in.

Get a good light and sound machine or download some brainwave entrainment recordings from a file sharing site. Use dual binaural beats in the 3.0 to 7.2 MHz range. Use the delta with just enough higher frequency mixed in to not go to sleep. Use this to learn how to control your brainwave state. This will also give you the opportunity to experience out of body travel and possibly other experiences such as seeing with the third eye and influencing people at a distance. Be alert to entities who may come to steal from you. Seek out people who believe in you. Seek knowledge.

Marcus E. Lee
T.L.G.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marcuselee

I would add to that that the BrainWave Generator program at www.bwgen.com... is a great program. Very useful...

I have used it before to "induce sleep" and have literally passed out from wide awake at my computer to wake up the next morning drooling on the keyboard.
It has pre-programmed settings to induce many brainwave patterns and can be customized to generate whatever experience you want, granting you know how to program those patterns through frequency... Anyhow, yeah, good program..

Still won't enable you to cause an electrical outage... Output levels are way too low...

The ONLY way to possibly do this yourself is your interaction with geophysical charges simultaneously.. And even that is a stretch...

Most likely candidate is ElectroMagnetic Pulse. Either some unknown natural occurence or military test... And that is only if the story is even true.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Why don't you show off your ability's on You Tube. Then we can all go on calling it an hoax or CG!

No seriously post a video. That would at least give us something to keep the thread going
I am this skeptic because people that can actually do these kind of things don't like to talk about them until they have found a certain use for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

sounds strange but i think i remeber watching a show(something on the science channel) or something and it said that we could somhow influence eletrical equipment.

for me it might just be coicidence,but ive noticed computers always to bog down when im in a crappy mood and vice versa.
(im pretty good with computers)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I believe the human mind and body to be capable of things beyond our wildest imaginations....

That said, I don't think it happens for 2 reasons.

1. People would have un-debunkable proof of said abilities
2. More than a select few would have been taught/trained to use them.

There are a lot of sheep out there, and a lot of shepherds ready to lead them. Most people who claim these abilites are out to get some attention in some form or another...

I'm not saying that is what the OP is up to, but I would need to see some sort of proof first hand, and we all know that won't happen for various reasons...

So, I'll continue to be a skeptic...

As a related note, I believe we can never truly know the abilities we have until we free ourselves from this material form... and I'm in no hurry to die, honestly...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Have to admit i came across this post earlier today - and completely ignored it after reading a person, who is similar to someone seen in Heroes...and remembered the days when Buffy and Angel were at their peak and many people believed they were Vampire Slayers and indeed Vampires. Glad those days are over... but now we have Heroes.

However Its best to be curious - and ask some questions at least. Rather than flatout debunk because afterall - I havent meet you or seen any demonstrations of ones said abilities (or your friends).

So clean slate here - Why come to boast on ATS your and your friends abilities? When one brief glance across the threads here will instantly tell you in the words of Carl Sagan - Extraordinary claims, require Extraordinary evidence" What is required for a such a extraordinary claim.

I work with many mediums and clair abilty users - in regards to the investigations carried out by the NPN team. It is impressive when information from them does indeed match up to the facts. I am interested to see if indeed you and your friend can do the same. Firstly would be to record some quality footage of you and your friends "abilities".

One of the main reasons i questioned you posting and boasting - is if you indeed have these abilities. wouldn't James Randi be your first port of call. theres a good few million going to anyone who can demonstrate supernatural and paranormal abilities.

All of which is listed here -
en.wikipedia.org...

If you can demonstrate a paranormal/supernatural ability especially regarding "Energy" you could very well be the subject of the rewriting of the laws of physics model. You could net yourself and indeed your friend a nobel prize.

But before you become all famous and you re-write the world of physics and enjoy your millions - can you please demonstrate to us here on ATS?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alex-In-Wonderland
Honestly. I don't mind that you dont' believe me.
I'm finding it hard to believe it myself.

it's just like. in times when I'm stressed, and on the comptuer. it just shuts down by itself.

it's probably just a silly dream, but I want to know if there is potential and if it's not a dream.

Well, if it is a dream, don't wake up!
I'm enjoying my existance!

Aha, jokes aside- I don't believe the human body posses such an ability.
Sure we all have an electric current in us- But, these kind of claims need a bit of proof.

Best of luck to you Alex.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
get a random number generator, 1-10 should be sufficient and think about a number. if you can influence it and not just turn it off, then you might be onto something.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KristianTNA

I think you missed the entire point of his post. He doesn't know how to control said ability.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That's funny, everytime I am distressed my computer crashes. I must have super powers.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There is a women you may want to look into. There were some articles written about her. She's a UK celebrity for making lights flicker, computers go out, things of that nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join