It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Political System: As we stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
At the start of this 2008 election season it was said that we would see a clean race for the presidency. Here just weeks from the election we see what seem to be the norm for the presidential race. Dirt is being slung up from each corner and those following the race are at a constant state of disagreement.

I have a question which I must ask. Is this good for our country? John McCain or Barack Obama will become the next president of the United States of America. This is a race to become one of the most powerful men in the world. Every statement, action and mistake is being broadcast globally via television, internet and radio. Most Americans have made up their minds and are to say the least sick of this contest. I for one and ready to vote and get this thing over with but that is not what I am writing about today.

The point which we have come to in American politics is pretty sad. The constant mud slinging has divided our country. Some say that both presidential candidates are corrupt and up to no good. I have even heard that one shouldn't talk about politics to others in a normal conversation. This is what things have come to. Let it be known that if you run for president of the US that you will be one of the most powerful men in the world and also on of the most hated.

I have done things in my life. Things that I am not proud of but I have done them and it's nothing that I will hide. I would not hesitate to say that I consider myself a good man. With that said, I don't think any man or woman who is going to be president of the United States should go into office after this type of election. It's just not right.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with you. Both of the two major candidates have broken promise after promise. This campaign season is particularly vile.

If any of our elected officials had any integrity they would all step down from office and let a new batch of uncorrupted politicians to come in and step up to the plate.

I love America and what it is supposed to stand for and for some reason it just doesn't feel like this is the way the things are supposed to be.

join