It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK National Archives release new records on UFO's (Rendlesham Forest and Military Sightings)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
First spotted this article on the beeb.

Airliner had near miss with UFO

A nice little piece on an interesting case released by the National Archives observed by an airline pilot, below is a quote from the page above.

A passenger jet bound for Heathrow Airport had a near miss with a UFO, Ministry of Defence files reveal. The captain of the Alitalia airliner shouted "Look out" to his co-pilot at the sight of a brown missile-shaped object shooting past them overhead. Civil Aviation Authority and military investigations could not explain the 1991 incident near Lydd in Kent. The unsolved close encounter features in UFO-related military documents made available by the National Archives. After ruling out the object flying past the Alitalia jet being a missile, weather balloon or space rocket, the MoD closed the inquiry. Nineteen files covering sightings between 1986 and 1992 are being made available online.

I then followed the link to the National Archive to look at the newly released documents, this link will take you to the index of the new documents and gives a brief synopsis of each document and looking through I saw a few nice ones on the the topic of Rendlesham Forest and other military sightings. The index gives you a nice taster of the contents of each of the documents and once you see one you like you can use this link to take to you to the main page from which you can access the individual documents. I haven't taken a look at the main documents yet as I'm currently mid university assignment but please go ahead and delve deep it seems to be quite interesting.

Happy Investigating

[edit on 19-10-2008 by -Klaus-]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Just thought I'd add this link instead of starting a related thread.

They "Exist" folks. Pity the financial crisis will take the shine off this.

Then in 5 yrs it will passed as common knowledge.

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is serious #, this isn't cool. Cool is watching football on telly while sitting back enjoying a pint. This is like getting hit with an on coming truck. I'd rather watch it on Stargate, not see this play out in real life.

new topics

join