It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fact I have noticed about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've noticed this and I don't really think many people actually think of it as how I have thought of it.

Ok. Let's get the basic theory first.

People think there is something called "Planet X" and our planet follows this up and down path (I do forget the scientific name for the path) but we orbit on it moving up and down over millions of years. And "Planet X" is in our way. Now many old written have said we came in the path of "Planet X" and it caused large scale destruction and have wiped out cultures.

Ok. Now the fact no one else is getting. Say "Planet X" has hit us and caused large scale destruction. Wouldn't that mean that "Planet X" no longer exists? If a object hits us then it is destroyed resulting in no longer there.

Dumb ed up version: You throw a water balloon the water balloon represents "Planet X" and your friend your throwing the balloon at will represent "Earth" now when you throw the water balloon onto your friend it get them wet but it also destroys it's shape and self. So if this really has happened before "Planet X" doesn't exist?

Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I do not believe the planet X scenario but let's suppose we do for a sec.

If planet X was to hit earth it could happen in numerous ways. I slight hit from the side for example. This could damage both planets severly but does not have to be the end of both planets.

Also planet X's mass could be bigger than earths mass (it doesn't have to be a bigger planet for that, the elements just can be heavier), or maybe it could be more flexible (a gassious element perhaps)

So I understand what you are saying, and I in no way support the theorie planet X but a collision doesn't mean both planets get "killed".

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Um, no.
If "Nibiru" (or planet X) even existed, it's supposed mass is bigger than Earth, and therefore Earth would've been destroyed, there's no way it can keep coming in contact and wiping out civilizations without have destroying Earth, or leaving marks in some way, that of which we have never found.

An ELIPTICAL ORBIT, which is what Nibiru is supposed to be on, isn't solid with evidence either. There are a lot of Planet Xies out there, and they all have the same idea. There are no facts about 2012 for that matter, other than the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. That's all there is to it.

Edit to include above post:
Not entirely true, if it were to enter out atmosphere and swipe us, as you say, Earth would become quite unstable. Think about it, a planet is much different than an asteroid impact, mass is heavy...and impact with something much more mass than Earth would bounce Earths orbit, or inevitably destroy it from the inside out, or outside in. A planet WOULD be killed, that's just logicstic.

[edit on 19.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So with both of what you wrote is right. Then "Planet X" has never came in contract with Earth at all?

Then all the old writings would be proven false?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, mon pointed this out to me, and he's absolutely right, if Planet X, or Nibiru existed, life on earth would be long extinct well before it actually impacted earth. You have to think, if it was the size of Jupiter or bigger...that's a big planet, and a big planet with a lot of mass is going to have a lot of weight to throw around.

Again, assuming it comes in "contact" with the planet, we'd all be extinct before it actually hit the planet, but again, if it did, Earth WOULD be destroyed.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Edit to include above post:
Not entirely true, if it were to enter out atmosphere and swipe us, as you say, Earth would become quite unstable. Think about it, a planet is much different than an asteroid impact, mass is heavy...and impact with something much more mass than Earth would bounce Earths orbit, or inevitably destroy it from the inside out, or outside in. A planet WOULD be killed, that's just logicstic.

Thank you for the info!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
2012 has been singled out by a number of individuals, even entire cultures, as being a time of tumultuous change. Some sources of this prophecy point specifically to 2012, and many more point to that general time frame. This whole Planet X scenario has been attached to 2012 without reason. Planet X was predicted to have arrived a few years back as well - 2012 was subesquently chosen when that event did not happen.

The Mayans, Hopis, Aztecs, Ancient Chinese (I-Ching text), as well as Timewave Zero (novelty theory) and the Web-bot project all point towards 2012 as being a definitive year for mankind (none of which mention another planet approaching Earth and wreaking havoc).

Not all of the predictions are apocalyptic. What can be ascertained is that year marks a turning point when life as we know it will be forever changed - the point of no return. It's expected to be a shift physically, emotionally, spiritually, technologically, culturally...etc. These changes will be obvious to anyone alive at that time. It will be as though we've reached a pinnacle, though we may not realize if fully for years to come.

As we approach this chaotic culmination, we'll see it on the horizon well in advance. Many see it now. It's not an end though. The Earth will not be destroyed. Mankind will not cease to exist. We will experience drastic changes just as any other budding civilizations do along their own developing timelines.

It will pass however, not without pain, not without suffering - just as any other day here on Earth, but it will be looked upon from the future with admiration. Our lives, our endeavours, our experiences will be held in high esteem by future societies, and we will be thanked for having endured such suffering amidst utter chaos. It is our suffering that will bring about a new era, much different than the one we're experiencing now. It may not come about right at the end of 2012, or 2013, 2018, or whatever, but's it's sure to happen.

2012 will mark the time in our future history when we will be given a choice. To be, or not to be. It's a fork in the road.

There may well be a Planet X hiding somewhere, however I feel it has absolutley nothing to do with 2012.

new topics

top topics

join