It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Radio (Logistics Included!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So, most of you who know me, by now know that I am a total music freak. I know that a lot of ATSers use ATS for the friendship of other members, connections elsewhere and the topical banter that keeps us well "ATS". I also know that ATS tends to enjoy various favorites and such to the like.

My suggestion is, we have our podcasts, and we of course have our fine "voices of ATS", such as Dave Rabbit, but what if we took ATS just a little bit further into the realms of internet adversity? I'd like to propose the possability of a dedicated server be assigned in the future to the idea of an ATS Radio. Now, do not get me wrong here, I am not expecting this to be a simple thing, I'd like to also suggest a paid subscription be required for this service, either in the form of ATS points or (preferably) in the form of a small fee, in order to pay for the legal rights to play music on the station.

In addition, we can also host live ATS Mixes and such right on the radio. Additional call in shows, and the similar. I understand this would take quite a lot of money, I have run an online radio before, and I understand the issues that do arise, but I would like input from members and staff alike on how well this idea works for you, and if there would be any changes involved.

Please remember, I have made this thread out of pure speculation and in no way am pressuring ATS into the thought of the idea right now other than discussion.

ATS members, would you be willing to post a small fee to listen to music on ATS? Would you be willing to do so for live ATS, and BTS Mixes? Discuss please.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread got no replies!

I was just thinking of the same thing and think it's a great idea. However i would have it strictly be a talk radio rather than play music. Top threads of the sites could be come discussios on the radio, with people phoneing in and stuff.

To be honest it was just something that seemed a cool idea. In reality i'd have no idea about how to do such a thing and i am sure it would be a complicated undertaking.

new topics

join