It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain releasing more UFO files

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
So,which one contains the rendlesham file!!!!

I'm chomping at the bit to get at it.

No problem.

There is material in relation to the Rendlesham incident is at pages 215-216 and 226-270 of DEFE 24/1929/1. That file is included in the list of new files at the top of this webpage, and can be downloaded by clicking on this link.

Also, don't forget that a larger file relating to Rendlesham was released a few years ago, back in about 2002 (and removed relatively recently from the MOD website for "copyright" reasons).

It is still possible to find copies of the previously released file online, e.g. at the links below:

Main Rendlesham File - Part 1
Main Rendlesham File - Part 2
Main Rendlesham File - Part 3
Main Rendlesham File - Part 4
Main Rendlesham File - Part 5

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Does anyone have any gut feelings as to why UFO'S are yet again mainstream media news? everyone cries disclosure then others say no, don't be daft. they only let you see what they want you to see, but you have to admit that there seems an awful lot of news about UFO'S recently.

I believe there are 2 reason for this:

1. Project Blue Beam -

2. We are on the brink to witnessing a momentous event where the meeting of other beings meet with us earthlings.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thank you very much IssacKoi for posting those links. You're a star! Hours of happy reading for me there.

Franspeakfree - interesting points there. I just presumed that the MOD had made set dates for releasing the different files, in chronological order. Come to think of it, I have no idea. Will have to look that up.

I did find it interesting though that they've been released less than a week before UFO Data's annual conference. It's probably just coincidence but interesting nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Looks likr the Brits have some pilots who were in on the big hush...

news.yahoo.com...

Brits were involved in some cover ups of there own.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The Ministry of Defence main objective is to declare if these UFO's are a military threat, if not, then the civil servants and ministers pay no real attention.

Significant sightings (which include aircraft or personnel being chased or communicated with) get investigated among the highest levels of the Ministry of Defence and the findings never get made public.

My theory for this purging of government files relating to UFO's: NASA plan for a Lunar base. Society needs to understand the term Unidentified Flying Object if we are going to colonise the space.

This is a portent of events yet to happen.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

quality work there

thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just went onto the archive site to read some of those reports - I picked one at random and found it pretty tedious and not nearly as salacious as I had hoped.

The one I picked, I think it was "DEFE 24/1942/1" had a few handwritten letters from UFO enthusiasts asking for information about UFO's, and in one case relating a story of "a friend" being visited by "men in black"... basically it all seemed a bit like an internet conspiracy forum before the age of internet conspiracy forums...

I want to see these famed reports from pilots and such but frankly I don't have the patience to sift through all these pdf's.

Sooo I propose that if anybody who is really patient finds something really juicy they should post back with the file name and page number so we can have a look for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Joe McGonagle of Ufologyinuk has mentioned that Dr David Clarke will be discussing those files in an article to be posted shortly on Dr David Clarke's website.

The relevant (brief) article by Dr David Clarke is now available on his website.

I found the following interesting:

Originally posted by Dr David Clarke
When the first collection of files was made available in May, the event received blanket coverage in the national and international media. In the first few days 1.7 million downloads were made from the UFO page - double the traffic measured for the launch of the Domesday survey online two years earlier.

If you are interested in more from Dr David Clarke on these files (and you will not find many other academics prepared to provide detailed comments on UFO documents...), see his guide to the files on the National Archives own website and his comments in a related videocast which I've embedded below for ease of reference:

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 20-10-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It just makes you wonder what's going on now as we speak that we'll probably not here about for another 10 - 20 years! It should be made a crime to keep things like this from the public!

I remember a few year back, well before 9/11 when you could go view the cockpit of an aeroplane when off on your travels and me and my dad went up to have a look (I was only young). But me and my dad have always been keen on UFO's and such and we asked the two pilots if they had ever seen any and they replied with "were not allowed to discuss that". And It just made me wonder what sort of things they do see up there. There in the best place for it. The view from the cockpit is amazing!

Now everytime I go on holiday I sit with my head glued to the window hoping I might see something! lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
as much as I hate Fox News, they do cover UFO news more often then the other networks...

www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This trickle of info and subliminal messages on TV which Ive noticed might be a preparation for future revelations.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If the OP is interested, I have a few sources and contacts; more information can be gathered on these sightings and others.

Feel free to U2U me

In 1999 the French government published a study, "UFOs and Defense: What Must We Be Prepared For?" Among other topics, the study concludes that the United States government has withheld valuable evidence

[edit on 21-10-2008 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Hi Isaac
Theres also another interesting link here about the RAF and UFOs/OVNIs:
www.guardian.co.uk...

"One US Air Force intelligence report described how '12 to 15' objects were picked up on radar screens on 13 August 1956. They were tracked for more than 50 miles. One object was logged travelling at 4,000mph. 'Operators making these radar sightings are of the opinion that malfunctions of equipment did not cause these radar sightings,' the document said.

The radar logs describe white lights darting across the skies. At times, the objects travelled in formation and performed sharp turns.

One document describes how an object was tracked by radar for 26 miles, before it hovered for five minutes then flew away again.

A cable was sent from US Air Force Headquarters in Washington warning of the 'considerable interest and concern' at the sightings and demanding an immediate inquiry. The cable asked if they were linked to a similar scare reported by a British radar station on the Danish island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea a week later."

Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
if anyone stubles accross anything from the Dechmont Law - Livingston, Scotland 1979 sighting please post the file its in.

big cheers to isaac for scouring these files like a madman, im stuck fast at the office at the moment plus im getting keys to the new house this week so my reading days are numbered for the moment.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Looks like this might be picking up a little steam on the big networks????

cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Thanks for the links to the Rendlesham files 1-5
My head is spinning...to many pages....got through some ....
Have short term memory lose, might remember what I read next week!

Or maybe I will have to read them again...how many pages is there?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Acidtastic - re Rendleshem.

File: defe-24-1942 page 176 to 181 has some documents, a map of rendelsham ufo flight path against patrol routes etc and sketches of the ufo..

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
I can´t help think that they only let us see what they want us to see.

Manipulation!

I can't help but agree completely with the above statement here

The UK are releasing some files, but they aren't the really good documents we all want to see.

And another thing I can't get over, why are they releasing all of these files over a period of four years? I hope it means that disclosure will occur in four years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join