It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Views on Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
please never mind my gramattical errors, this is not English class. so as long you're able to comprehend my point then i don't need to edit it.

okay first i want to get this out of the way. There is a God and he is the master creator of everything. God created not just our Earth or solar system, he created the whole universe, what we know in the physical realm on infinite. For people who just think that the universe and life as we know it was created by the flaw in the elements and the possible existance of civilization was because some worm came out of the water onto land and then it turned into humans after billions of years, well I laugh at you
. How could it possibly be that our bodies work the way they do, such as the heart, blood, lungs, and brain by a flaw in the elements. Someting so intelligent had to design it and create it. If the trees were gone we wouldn't be able to breathe and if animals were gone trees wouldn't be able to exist. Same with your body if one organ is gone the others won't work. God designed it and created.

For the people who solely believe in science you have to be more blind than these religion "nuts." You actually think that we know how the Universe was made and how old it is, same with the Earth. They don't know, no one knows. Oh, at first there was nothing and then the nothing exploded into the infinite universe, sorry i'm just a blinded slave by the government, and corporate america. There is no way that they know how old the Earth is and how it was made. Even with religious people they don't know how it's made they just know that God made it.

Just for reference so don't go calling me a radical Christian, that's not the point of my argument. The bible says that God made the Earth in seven days, and people argue that that is impossible. Well scientists say that our Earth was created by astroids shooting out of the astroid belt (outside of our solar system, for those who don't know about that) and colliding with each other in space, they move so fast that a giant explosion created the gravitational force that pulls everything into Earth and makes it rotate around the sun. Now look at time, a day is how long it takes for the Earth to rotate a full 360 degrees, a year is how long it takes for the Earth to rotate around the sun. Well if the Earth was made the way scientists believe don't you think that the days and years would be longer due to the fact that the Earth was still being created. Even if that was true it would only take a God to control it, so what if the 7 days would of been billions of years to us. Do you think that if there is a God that he is on the same time as we are. Time is only an abstract thing that we made up.

And for people who believe that we are evolved from apes through a natural process of evolution, you're wrong. Take a look at genetics, we inherit 23 chromosomes from each parent, and apes inherit 24 chromosnes from each parent, so if we were to evolve from apes we would have 22 or 26 chromosomes from each parent. If we did evolve from apes then something supernatural had to of been controlling the process, it wouldn't just happen because of the flaw in the elements that created life and then the worm evolved into a human over billions of years through a natural thing

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElFulanoZutano
And for people who believe that we are evolved from apes through a natural process of evolution, you're wrong. Take a look at genetics, we inherit 23 chromosomes from each parent, and apes inherit 24 chromosnes from each parent, so if we were to evolve from apes we would have 22 or 26 chromosomes from each parent. If we did evolve from apes then something supernatural had to of been controlling the process, it wouldn't just happen because of the flaw in the elements that created life and then the worm evolved into a human over billions of years through a natural thing

There is no supernatural. Everything is natural.

Have you ever considered that maybe the creator is within the creation? If and when you do, tell me if it all makes sense then. That the natural evolution of creatures over billions of years is through the universe happening, and that the universe happening is the creator, and this natural evolution and design of the way things eventually end up is the creators work (the work of the mind of the universe).

[edit on 19-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElFulanoZutano
please never mind my gramattical errors, this is not English class. so as long you're able to comprehend my point then i don't need to edit it.

okay first i want to get this out of the way. There is a God and he is the master creator of everything. God created not just our Earth or solar system, he created the whole universe, what we know in the physical realm on infinite. For people who just think that the universe and life as we know it was created by the flaw in the elements and the possible existance of civilization was because some worm came out of the water onto land and then it turned into humans after billions of years, well I laugh at you
Just what are these 'flawed elements' that you speak of?

How could it possibly be that our bodies work the way they do, such as the heart, blood, lungs, and brain by a flaw in the elements.
By a 'flaw in the elements' no - by natural selection, environment etc etc yes.

Someting so intelligent had to design it and create it. If the trees were gone we wouldn't be able to breathe and if animals were gone trees wouldn't be able to exist. Same with your body if one organ is gone the others won't work. God designed it and created.
So what intelligent designer created the designer?

For the people who solely believe in science you have to be more blind than these religion "nuts."
And your NOT one of these religious nuts??

You actually think that we know how the Universe was made and how old it is, same with the Earth. They don't know, no one knows. Oh, at first there was nothing and then the nothing exploded into the infinite universe, sorry i'm just a blinded slave by the government, and corporate america. There is no way that they know how old the Earth is and how it was made. Even with religious people they don't know how it's made they just know that God made it.
AH yes you are.

Just for reference so don't go calling me a radical Christian, that's not the point of my argument. The bible says that God made the Earth in seven days, and people argue that that is impossible. Well scientists say that our Earth was created by astroids shooting out of the astroid belt (outside of our solar system, for those who don't know about that) and colliding with each other in space, they move so fast that a giant explosion created the gravitational force that pulls everything into Earth and makes it rotate around the sun.
Where did you learn such utter nonsense?? The asteroid belt is between Mars and Jupiter and the creation of the solar system was caused by a exploding star.

Now look at time, a day is how long it takes for the Earth to rotate a full 360 degrees, a year is how long it takes for the Earth to rotate around the sun. Well if the Earth was made the way scientists believe don't you think that the days and years would be longer due to the fact that the Earth was still being created. Even if that was true it would only take a God to control it, so what if the 7 days would of been billions of years to us. Do you think that if there is a God that he is on the same time as we are. Time is only an abstract thing that we made up.
What??? please elaborate - also are you saying "if it was true that the Earth was made the way science predicts then it was still a god that did it"???

1) We didn't evolve from apes, you're right on that one, we evolved from a common ancestor 2) Are you again stating an 'even if' question in that even if we evolved then it was still the work of a supernatural being?

G

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
" religious nuts "

please don't use this phrase. You don't know who's nuts and who isn't

How bout people who go to football games, paint their faces like dorks and make it their religion? They are fine right?

Please I'm sick as hell of hearing this phrase.

peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
please don't use this phrase. You don't know who's nuts and who isn't.

I'm thinking that you probably are because you take offense to it?

How bout people who go to football games, paint their faces like dorks and make it their religion? They are fine right?

It depends on how many of them already do the following: when they begin strapping bombs on theirselves, killing one another and trying to convert each other while worshiping an invisible deity, then it'd be safe to call them nuts.

Please I'm sick as hell of hearing this phrase.

And I think many of us are sick of the religious nuts.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Last O.

I agree that people who strap bombs to themselves are nuts. they are evil, not just nuts.

But some people just think all peacful religious people are nuts. That's a bias judgement.

" an invisible diety "

you're bias.

You don't know that. No openess what so ever, that's the type of bias stuff I'm talking about. You don't know if God is real or not.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I agree that people who strap bombs to themselves are nuts. they are evil, not just nuts.

Finally we agree on something, I've been waiting for months. *sigh of relief*

But some people just think all peaceful religious people are nuts. That's a bias judgement.

Religious people can be peaceful but at the same time hurtful. They have beliefs that are not in line with reality and spread them about.

"an invisible diety"

You don't know if God is real or not.

That's my point. Eternally invisible things can't be proven, hence the invisible deity and the common response "you can't know God". Logical conclusion: God is an invisible deity, i.e. a lie.

Edit: God: An invisible MALE deity (contradictions, contradictions. I don't know how anyone can claim a thing that can not be known or seen to be male, that's called a lie as well, a flaw in logic, a manipulation)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
" beliefs that are not in line with reality "

No no, that's your opinion? what the hell is reality anyways? Our belief is this.

Love God with all your heart. Love your nieghbor as yourself. That's the true message of christ. That's reality to me.

That's my point. Eternally invisible things can't be proven, hence the invisible deity and the common response "you can't know God". Logical conclusion: God is an invisible deity, i.e. a lie

IE a lie?

Not to 100s of saints who seen God, and to myself who seen countless miracles. My grandmother actually saw Christ in her lviign room carrying the cross. She's a saintly woman.

but anyways too many miracles of faith, and so IYO in your opinion it's a lie, but that's not a fact.

Finally we agree on something, I've been waiting for months. *sigh of relief

They are called hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Edit: God: An invisible MALE deity (contradictions, contradictions. I don't know how anyone can claim a thing that can not be known or seen to be male, that's called a lie as well, a flaw in logic, a manipulation)

A mlae represents the more dominate figure of things God created, hence the reason he refers to himself in our worldy language as a male.

common sense.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"beliefs that are not in line with reality"

No no, that's your opinion? what the hell is reality anyways? Our belief is this.

Reality is the objective knowledge.

Love God with all your heart. Love your nieghbor as yourself. That's the true message of christ. That's reality to me.

But see, what is God? You're saying to love something with all your heart yet you're saying that we can never know it. To me that seems like a waste of love. I'd rather love all of you with all my heart and that was the true message of Christ, because "God", as described by Christ, is the Eternal One, the universe, energy, that which is everything. So if you love the Eternal One with all your heart then you love the existence of everything and everyone with all your heart. Is this what it means to you? Because that's what Christ meant when he described the omnipresent one with no beginning and no end.

Not to 100s of saints who seen God, and to myself who seen countless miracles. My grandmother actually saw Christ in her living room carrying the cross. She's a saintly woman.

I'm looking at "God" right now. Your Grandmother did not see Christ on a cross. People don't come back from the dead and ghosts are as valid as big-foot: a subjective imagination.

but anyways too many miracles of faith, and so IYO in your opinion it's a lie, but that's not a fact.

A so called "miracle of faith" is just a conclusion reached because of an ignorance of the knowledge of what really happened.

It is a lie. Someone ignorant of science and the knowledge of this world may think that a species of frog that burrows underground for 4 months and completely freezes to death and then re-emerges as the temperature rises to be animated and alive again is a miracle of faith, people that know what's going on, know better.

They are called hypocrites.

That I agree with. At least you're not strapping bombs on yourself. I'd rather live in a world full of peaceful nescience than one of hostile ignorant obedience.

There are two realities currently running this world. The objective reality, that which is the true nature of science, not what is explained in the O.P, and the subjective reality, that which is completely imaginative and has no baring on objective reality. True scientists don't endorsed the big bang because it is not something that can be replicated or even proven. In fact, the idea of the big bang is a religious one to keep God in power. The truth is that there was no big bang, the universe is eternal, without beginning and end in time, and without beginning and end in space. The Eternal One is existence.

Real science uses objective logic against subjective ideas, and only gathers information that is received through the senses and extensions of the senses such as technology. Things that are observable, measurable, logical, physical and replicable with 100% certainty not only on paper but in labs.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A male represents the more dominate figure of things God created, hence the reason he refers to himself in our worldly language as a male.

common sense.

You are sexist. This isn't common sense, and in our worldly language God only means a male deity. The Eternal One is not only male, but also female. It is both dominant and submissive. It is everything, omnipresent and omniscient. You call males a dominant creation? You are obviously ignorant of so many species, not only the Human species. There are many creations where the female is dominant. Off the top of the head: Black Widows.

Even in Humans females have many traits of dominance, they just rarely use them (although now days I see it more and more).

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
But see, what is God? You're saying to love something with all your heart yet you're saying that we can never know it. To me that seems like a waste of love. I'd rather love all of you with all my heart and that was the true message of Christ, because "God", as described by Christ, is the Eternal One, the universe, energy, that which is everything. So if you love the Eternal One with all your heart then you love the existence of everything and everyone with all your heart. Is this what it means to you? Because that's what Christ meant when he described the omnipresent one with no beginning and no end.

Oh boy here we go with circular argument 101.

First of all we can know it and it came to earth, but we won't fully know it until after death. That's our faith. God come in the flesh to visit his people.

(You are sexist. This isn't common sense, and in our worldly language God only means a male deity. The Eternal One is not only male, but also female. It is both dominant and submissive. It is everything, omnipresent and omniscient. You call males a dominant creation? You are obviously ignorant of so many species, not only the Human species. There are many creations where the female is dominant. Off the top of the head: Black Widows. )

Even in Humans females have many traits of dominance, they just rarely use them (although now days I see it more and more).

I'm talking about in human form, not insects. God calls himself the heavenly Father. And I'm not sexist, you don't know me and you can't judge me.

a subjective imagination

Not to 100s of saint who worked miracles and raised the dead. My grandmother is not an idiot. She's saintly and I believe her.

It is a lie

No to you it is. Not to many saints. Saints had the stigmata. Padre Pio had it for 50 strait years. he cured many blind people who were uncurable. You see your sience only goes so far. it tries to solve the unsolvable but it cannot and will not and it's men with idol minds who creat the technology you surrond yourself with today, and it will destroy your own planet soon.

It's not a lie, that's your dumbass opinion. resepctfully. You guys are so smart but you lack giving anything a chance. which means your sincerity seems to me that you don't want to give God a chance. I wonder why.

That I agree with. At least you're not strapping bombs on yourself. I'd rather live in a world full of peaceful nescience than one of hostile ignorant obedience

Well they are people who have no heart. I couldn't even step on a bug and kill it. I'm harmless. They will be payed in full for their evil. murder is still a commandment. Unjust murder and God will end all this violence soon before WW3 does and the nukes go off like the saints also predicted.

peace, don't take offense to my comments.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh boy here we go with circular argument 101.
First of all we can know it and it came to earth, but we won't fully know it until after death. That's our faith. God come in the flesh to visit his people.

So, you're telling me that God is a singular deity, a sort of soul or spirit that exists somewhere far off that then incarnated itself into Human form in one body that it chose. That's how you interpret our existence here?

If so, I'd like for you to explain the omnipresence of God in comparison with your belief that God is not within everyone as God was within Christ.

I'm talking about in human form, not insects. God calls himself the heavenly Father. And I'm not sexist, you don't know me and you can't judge me.

I do know that you think males are dominant, you've told me this and I can only assume it was in sincerity, based off this information I can then begin to judge you. By the way, the word "God" and all forms of male possession given to "God" were interpretations of pronouns from the original texts that were interpreted from languages such as Aramic. In those texts, a true interpretation shows that "God" was not given a sex, but rather a neutral possession. God was explained as the Eternal One, as both male and female and neither as it is also sexless inanimate objects such as rocks, omnipresent and all encompassing, everything and everything.

It's still not true. All males are not physically nor mentally dominant and both sexes specialize in their abilities and are unique from person to person. And yes, because of your ignorance of knowledge of how things work in nature, you are sexist, whether you are trying to be or not. And again, it's not common sense, it is rather non-nonsensical.

Not to 100s of saint who worked miracles and raised the dead. My grandmother is not an idiot. She's saintly and I believe her.

I never called your GrandMother an idiot, but she definitely has psychological problems from the idea of religion that has been placed on her. As for the saints: if you pay attention to the Roman Catholic church and the many Branched of Christianity and the times at which they performed these "miracles", people were stupid enough to believe them. Fortunately, now adays, with the advent of science and a mediocre education available for everyone, we no longer see these "Godly" saints performing "supernatural miracles", because they never did. It was all a lie and a scam to manipulate people into religion.

It is a lie

No to you it is. Not to many saints. Saints had the stigmata. Padre Pio had it for 50 strait years. he cured many blind people who were uncurable. You see your science only goes so far. it tries to solve the unsolvable but it cannot and will not and its men with idol minds who create the technology you surround yourself with today, and it will destroy your own planet soon.

Well that's not the way to be positive. I'm not sure Christ would be proud of you. God created us to make technology and to know science. Everything that we do and everything that we are is in God's image. And again, no saint ever did those things before and never will again. Right, science does nothing, faith solves all.

Well, next time there is a polio pandemic if we all put on our dunce hats and pray to the Lord it's not going to stop anything, I guarantee you.

It's not a lie, that's your dumbass opinion. resepctfully. You guys are so smart but you lack giving anything a chance. which means your sincerity seems to me that you don't want to give God a chance. I wonder why.

Your language isn't too nice here, and please don't put the word "respectfully" after a statement in which you have just blatantly attempted to insult me with a common and well known ad-hominid. Please stop and choose a different word next or say it in a different way if you are truly being respectful.

I've already given your idea of God a chance. It's incorrect. The Eternal One is the truth. I KNOW "God" and anything I don't know about "God", I don't claim to know, but I do know what the Objective Eternal One is incapable of.

Well they are people who have no heart. I couldn't even step on a bug and kill it. I'm harmless. They will be payed in full for their evil. murder is still a commandment. Unjust murder and God will end all this violence soon before WW3 does and the nukes go off like the saints also predicted.

I don't know if this is true or not, I'd like it to be. I'd hope in some way or another that we will all come together, be responsible and make all of this come to an end instead of waiting for invisible people to show up and save us, when we're all capable of doing this ourselves, and no invisible people exist.

peace, don't take offense to my comments.

I don't. No worries, I have tough skin and I assume we're both harmless.

top topics

join