It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beatles songs and Bible, says bishop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Beatles songs as likely to explain Christianity as the Bible, says bishop

The Rt Rev Nick Baines, Bishop of Croydon, has urged churches to use hits by bands such as U2 and the Beatles in their services.

In a book backed by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, he argues that pop music writers can convey deep theological concepts in a way that is more accessible to the younger generation.

Hundreds of evangelical churches have already turned to guitar-based songs instead of traditional hymns, but the bishop suggests that clergy still need to be more creative in appealing to non-churchgoers.

Artists highlighted for exploring Christian themes in their music include Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan and John Lennon, who famously claimed the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

This is typical and a classic example of the falling away. Vicars/Ministers/pasters etc just do not get it.

The gospel is not about being popular, its about truth. The holy spirit opens this truth to individuals. How many times can the " Church" completely fail in the fundamentals. NOTHING is of our doing, It is God!

we do not convert, God does. Here the Church is wrestling the reigns ever further from the hands of our Lord.

Acapella = as sung in churches.

accepting and enouraging the beatles with their history??? The pack of Wolves control religion. Come out of her ,the sheep , and find your shepherd , Jesus Christ, before it is too late.

John Lennon's, imagine encouraged to abandon God and faith. The Beatles had Alister Crowley on an Album cover. Are these people mad?

Satan is in the Church and he is using everything in his arsenal to pick of the faithful.

This minister calls the Bible Banal;

Tired/Petty???? I cannot believe he said this, or can I? Gods words coming true my friends.

I hope the lord exposes this lot for who they are. because i can see their fruits are bitter.

david

[edit on 19-10-2008 by drevill]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I guess I'll have to sit out with the rest of the sinners on this one. He's not condoning headbanging to "Highway To Hell" by ACDC but giving a nod of approval to songs people are able to connect with. There are many, many songs, I connect to Jesus with, that have never been played inside a church. Here's one of my fav's that I usually cry when I watch.

new topics

join