It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Selection and the Genetic Basis for Homosexuality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No one is trying to say that LOVEING someone is wrong ..Love and having Sex with eachother are two total different things ...

We love our children too we do not have sex with them ..we also do not grow up and marry them because we love them ..
We do not marry cousins etc either
We love our friends and family yet we do not have sexual relations with them and live as husband and husband or wife and wife with them either do we ?
Well that is unless you consider that acceptable behaviour too ? Do you ?
Even though we love them all dearly too ...

LOVE DOES NOT EQUAL SEX ...at least not in my book it doesnt .
Sexual acts are purely a PHYSICAL THING ..not spiritual ...like LOVE IS >

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I love all of you yet I sure do not have to have sex and move in with you as a married couple just to show you how much I love you .
or do I ? Are you so carnal minded that you have to have sex to show your love to another ?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
One theory that's been presented is that homosexuality is a natural safeguard against overpopulation. When a sort of critical mass is reached, the "Gay gene" if we can call it that, is triggered, thereby encouraging the population level to become more managible.

Is that so? and just what does the gay gene do to bring this kind of "safeguard" into effect? How does it know what the population is and what exactly does it have as a frame of referance. Does it happen in females that way too? As a safeguard against over population?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No one is trying to say that LOVEING someone is wrong ..Love and having Sex with eachother are two total different things ...

We love our children too we do not have sex with them ..we also do not grow up and marry them because we love them ..
We do not marry cousins etc either
We love our friends and family yet we do not have sexual relations with them and live as husband and husband or wife and wife with them either do we ?
Well that is unless you consider that acceptable behaviour too ? Do you ?
Even though we love them all dearly too ...

LOVE DOES NOT EQUAL SEX ...at least not in my book it doesnt .
Sexual acts are purely a PHYSICAL THING ..not spiritual ...like LOVE IS >

Who the hell said it's ok to have sex with EVERYONE that you love, including family members???

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

It was a question ....not an accusation ..Do you believe that is ok ?
And it was In regards to the "What is so wrong with loveing another " rant ...

Love isnt wrong ...sexual behaviours that are unnatural such as incest and beastiality and homosexuality ,pedophilia etc (All fall into the category of SEXUAL ACTS not love ) etc are all CHOICES one makes in his sex life ..not something to do with LOVE at all ...

Love does not equal sex does it ?
They are not the same things ....One is spiritual one is physical ..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The sexual ACTS that you're speaking of are not even in the same category when speaking of sexual PREFERENCES which is a whole different terminology.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

All I am getting at is as I have said before IF homosexuals as some say (even they do ) that it is a genetic defect or something NOT A CHOICE to do what they are doing .Then you would have to allow for Pedophiles,Incest,beastiality,S&M ,Criminal behaviour ,Even Christian behaviour etc etc etc to blame it on genes and genetic flaws to .Instead of that is their sexual preferences and they are acting on them and it is wrong for them ..but not wrong for a homosexual to do it ...do you see that :?

A slippery slope isnt it ?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Love isnt wrong ...sexual behaviours that are unnatural such as incest and beastiality and homosexuality ,pedophilia etc (All fall into the category of SEXUAL ACTS not love ) etc are all CHOICES one makes in his sex life ..not something to do with LOVE at all ...

Love does not equal sex does it ?
They are not the same things ....One is spiritual one is physical ..

You say love isn't wrong, but sex is as if Homosexual people are unable to love... Sex comes with love, if you love a female that you are in love with, you will have sex with her, correct??? Why does this not apply to homosexuals???

I know you mean that because homosexuals are unable to reproduce, it makes it wrong. Well what makes homosexuals having sex for pleasure, any different then heterosexuals having sex for pleasure, without planning to reproduce???

If the problem is that homosexuals are not adding to the population, then by your logic almost everybody who has sex without reproducing is wrong...

And to equate homosexuality with peadophilia (SP?) is just sick, wrong, and shows your bigoted colors...

Homosexual sex is sex between two consenting adults, who know what they're doing... Peadophiles force themselves onto small children.

Like I said before, this should be a non-issue, the only reason it is controversial is because of the religious.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Allowing for preferences is accepting reality. But the other categories are acts, which overall may be considered choices. I run with trauma myself. Children who are sexually abused run a much higher risk of abusing children. Physical abuse is the same way. Its as high as 40%. Its like saying 100 children fell into the Fraser River, 60 were pulled out and some are in intensive care dealing with a variety of problems, some will be lifelong. 40 drowned. This is nurture, not nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

All I am getting at is as I have said before IF homosexuals as some say (even they do ) that it is a genetic defect or something NOT A CHOICE to do what they are doing .Then you would have to allow for Pedophiles,Incest,beastiality,S&M ,Criminal behaviour ,Even Christian behaviour etc etc etc to blame it on genes and genetic flaws to .Instead of that is their sexual preferences and they are acting on them and it is wrong for them ..but not wrong for a homosexual to do it ...do you see that :? A slippery slope isnt it ?

Does homosexuality hurt you, me, or anyone else? If it doesn't, then why worry? You are comparing apples and oranges.
There are victims involved in those you listed (although S&M doesn't involve victims, only two consenting adults).

Why is homosexuality worrying so many people so much? What is it that disturbs them so much? The ick factor? The religious factor? What?

I know we all have gone way off topic. But we do know the OP's true intention. We are not fooled.

Several posters made good on-topic posts about homosexuality and natural selection. Read them.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey yall ..I just realized that I have a very good excuse now for my Christian behaviour ..I had no choice because I was born this way it was also genetic ..so please excuse my behaviour ....so please accept me ..as I cannot help myself ........

Here is my proof I was born this way and cannot help myself ..
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I will say it again ..it sure is a slippery slope isnt it .

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Homosexuality is natural born orientation.

Heterosexuality is natural born orientation.

Homosexual relationships are a choice.

Heterosexual relationships are a choice.

Homosexuals choose to act on their natural orientation for the same reasons that heterosexuals do. They believe it's their human Right. Their personal Liberty.

Freedom. Humans are nothing without it.

Your 'mood' says always thankful. I assume your freedom is one of those things your are thankful for.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I know you mean that because homosexuals are unable to reproduce, it makes it wrong. Well what makes homosexuals having sex for pleasure, any different then heterosexuals having sex for pleasure, without planning to reproduce???

Good one.
Let's not forget that some homosexuals do decide to reproduce for various reasons.

If the problem is that homosexuals are not adding to the population, then by your logic almost everybody who has sex without reproducing is wrong...

You would think that some people would be happy about that due to overpopulation problem. It is getting too crowded.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well not everyone has sex for pleasure now do they ?In fact MOST DO ..and yes I see that as not having anything to do with LOVE ..it is for sexual pleasure ..*LUST .....of the FLESH ...it does nothing for me spiritualy it is temporary FEELINGS that fade in just a few moments after the act ..Love does not fade ...ever ....not real love
..In fact I see most men (at least carnal minded ones) as a slave to that flesh and just fulfilling their sexual lusts by having sex because most men and alot of women think that love is having sex *most men do this .....thats what they consider showing their love ..and getting love ..
It really is upsetting to me the fact that MOST males are that way (I know some women are too) ..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Here is my proof I was born this way and cannot help myself .. Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: I will say it again ..it sure is a slippery slope isnt it .

So you're a calvinist, eh? That would definitely be a slippery slope since that would mean that God has chosen some people to salvation and the rest of the world to their "sinful" nature. So, basically what you are saying there is nothing to do about it, so why speak up?

Anyway, again, does homosexuality hurt you? If so, how?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
..and yes I see that as not having anything to do with LOVE ..it is for sexual pleasure ..*LUST .....of the FLESH ...it

If you don't think sex is a legitimate extension of a loving relationship then you do not know much about relationships and sexuality in general, and are wholly unjustified in making accusations pertaining to homosexuality because of it.

Sex is a huge part of intimacy and is very much an aspect of a loving relationship.

Lust of the flesh? Have you ever been in love?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Homosexuality is natural born orientation.

Heterosexuality is natural born orientation.

Homosexual relationships are a choice.

Heterosexual relationships are a choice.

Homosexuals choose to act on their natural orientation for the same reasons that heterosexuals do. They believe it's their human Right. Their personal Liberty.

Freedom. Humans are nothing without it.

Your 'mood' says always thankful. I assume your freedom is one of those things your are thankful for.

Yes and since you ADMIT it is by CHOICE not some genetic flaw etc ..
I will agree with you .......
By the way I notice you made me a foe ..I am not your enemy .
I care for all of you (mankind in general) and would take a bullet for you ..wether your were a homosexual or not ..please know that ...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

Alot of people CHOOSE lifestyles etc and still get mistreated and abused due to their choice ...Because it is not considered acceptable behaviour ..or it just weird or because of how they were raised etc etc ....
I chose to be a Christain and we get mistreated everyday even right here on ATS (at least according to us we do ) .....
Christians also get killed in other countrys for making that choice ..

People usually convert to other religions such as Christianity because it provides a material benefit (such as being allowed to get into a church for food) or they get scared of retribution spiritually and want to be saved. Choosing homosexuality...just...gets you killed and ostracized. There is no benefit for a man in Pakistan to be homosexual.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hey yall ..I just realized that I have a very good excuse now for my Christian behaviour ..I had no choice because I was born this way it was also genetic ..so please excuse my behaviour ....so please accept me ..as I cannot help myself ........

You were not born this way. Had your parents never indoctrinated you with this you would have not been this way, unless you chose to be this way later in life

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes and since you ADMIT it is by CHOICE

I did not admit anything. I acknowledged what simply is.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Homosexuality mirrors heterosexuality in that it is a natural born orientation. People act on their orientation because they feel it's a Right to do so.

and would take a bullet for you ..wether your were a homosexual or not ..please know that ...

I don't believe you. In fact, I believe otherwise.

How am I to believe someone would take a bullet for me if that someone didn't believe in my freedom to live to begin with

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join