It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain faces crisis as negative equity to reach 2 million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Absolutely. The current economic 'crisis' merely serves as a reshuffle to ensure that the top remains static and the myth of social mobility is maintained. The main premise of the system though, as you state is the belief that it is okay to profit at the expense of others. Greed. This not only encourages corruption and criminality, but also conflict and resentment. As long as we are fighting amongst ourselves, we are not looking up at 'them' or for the source of the problem.

i couldn't have said it better myself, i think we would make a great team to kick some financial ass...providing we had any say in the matter and we could marshall some political clout...that's alot of if's though, but i like what your saying.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

i live in california, and even degreed people in all types of research and engineering areas are being outsourced to india and china. it's getting to the point where even if you achieve a masters in engineering, the corporations will outsource your job because of the differential in wages and benefits. a friend of mine has a masters in mechanical engineering and the only job he can find is as a bag boy in a supermarket making 11.50 an hour. he has sent resumes all over the bay area and silicon valley, but the corporations have a H1B visa loophole that allows indian and chinese engineers to come into the U.S. and work at 1/3 the wages with no benefits. so along with blue collar jobs lost to asia, now its white collar jobs being lost too. the dreams of many college graduates has been dashed on the rocks of global capitalism. welcome to the slave wage world.

<< 1   >>

join