It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UK Friends, Freedom Not Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hello all british people from the Republic of ireland
I'm making this thread because what i see in the UK sickens me and i hate to see my British/whelsh/Scottish bredren in such a horrible situation

Your government is building a police state. In today's Times, we learn that we will need to show Your passports when buying mobile phones. This is real.

"Passports will be needed to buy mobile phones"
www.timesonline.co.uk...
(I raged while reading this article.)

"Everyone who buys a mobile telephone will be forced to register their identity on a national database under government plans to extend massively the powers of state surveillance."

"Government will spy on every call and e-mail"
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ministers are considering spending up to £12 billion on a database to monitor and store the internet browsing habits, e-mail and telephone records of everyone in Britain.

Here are two other articles of relevance.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Last week, Freedom Not Fear protests took place in various cities across Europe.

www.freedom-not-fear.eu...

While in Germany this protest was huge, the ones in London were tiny. WTF? Do the British actually want to live in a Big Brother police state?

Here's a Number 10 petition to sign.
petitions.number10.gov.uk...

You must rise up and take action, bothers! You must show that You will not allow the state to enslave You, You must demonstrate and protest - peacefully of course - before they outlaw that as well.

Would 5th November be a good date? It's the obvious one.

FREEDOM, NOT FEAR!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I believe we in America are facing the same fate as you guys out in the UK. I believe it is the same group of people taking us all over.
I may be wrong.

But at the same time, I sincerely believe we are all in this together.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

While in Germany this protest was huge, the ones in London were tiny. WTF? Do the British actually want to live in a Big Brother police state?

I think the reasons maybe
1. It is probably because most people did not know anything about it.
2. Many people cannot afford to travel to London.
3. I cannot remember the last time a peaceful protest changed government policy.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

True maybe they didnt know about it
But london has a population of almost 8Million people (Thats twice that population of Ireland alone) and is 25th largest city in the world ,
I dont think many people should of had to have to travel to london to make it big

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

The media deliberatley do not inform people of protests. They do not want you voicing your opinion, sheep, they want you to conform.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Where was that picture taken? the one with Gordon Brown with freedom not fear on it?

Reason i ask, there are what seems to be two Russian policemen at the top, with Machine Guns over their shoulder? we don't have those here I'm afraid, things might not be fantastic, but we are far from down and out i promise ya.

This is just propaganda IMO, OP where are you from? your English is not very good?

Also there is a single traffic cone, they don't come in singles here, they come in batches of hundreds, first time ive ever seen a single traffic cone, apart from on a students head that is.

[edit on 19/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

I think the reasons maybe
1. It is probably because most people did not know anything about it.
2. Many people cannot afford to travel to London.
3. I cannot remember the last time a peaceful protest changed government policy.

I live in London and heard nothing about it. Having said that even had I known in advance I still would not have shown up. I won't sign the petition either. TPTB know enough about my purchases, communications and movements without adding political affiliation to the list.
This is one of the reasons I won't join any organisations. I won't even vote; that's supposed to be anonymous but I can tell you from experience it is not. I'm probably already on their list of "potential subversives".

As a quick sidebar, does anyone know how I get my DNA removed from the local federali database? Okay, I'll rephrase. Does anyone know how I can obtain notification that my details have been removed?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why is the UK government so darn efficient at spying on its own people than it is running a country? I would laugh but I fear I may be shot for dissent.

I was wondering how they would close the loop hole about the pay-as-you go mobiles when they came to implement the "Database of Terror", these mobiles obviously provided some anonymity.

What really gets me is that the terrorists are going to have to be pretty darn stupid individuals to phone other would be terrorists on a phone and chat about terrorism in the first place! Im pretty certain with the amount of press coverage the "Database of Terror" is getting they wont use them to communicate in the future! My money is on them using trained pigeons.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by freeradical]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Pretty much the most spied upon citizens in the world right now.

Thank you Labour!

On mobile phones, a friend of mine was phoned up by the police asking for my number... he had registered his phone when he bought it and i hadnt, so i guess he was on some database available to the police.

I thought that was cheeky.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
As a quick sidebar, does anyone know how I get my DNA removed from the local federali database? Okay, I'll rephrase. Does anyone know how I can obtain notification that my details have been removed?

Not a chance, once on the database you stay on the database.

I went to a police open day once with school when i was eight, and they let us all have our fingerprints done. Seemed fun at the time.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Lol seriously, you looking to get people locked up or something?

You ever notice how the police film protests, rallies, riots etc? They make sure everyone who is a trouble maker is on film, then they can add you to a list. When the police state kicks in 100%, you will be the first people to get detained, tortured, raped, killed etc. All because you objected to the inevitable.

What I would like to see, is brothers and sisters in arms, people preparing for the resistance, stockpileing arms, supplies etc. Afterall once the police state kicks in, the only way out, will be to make it collapse in on itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I wholly agree - but the thing is the MSM is there to drip feed out-of-date information. I wouldn't be surprised if the government have had this ability for quite some time now - they don't have to tell you what they're doing so they've probably been monitoring us for years in this way.

I have no idea why we're being made aware of it by the MSM now - maybe internal poilitics? This will happen whether we like it or not because the same story stands - too many of us now will not do ANYTHING until it affects us PERSONALLY. Just look around you - people have been defeated already, be it certain chemicals in the air or water dumbing us down, what really can we do? We're paying these people to oppress us, we are basically their employers yet they tell us how to live. The money used to monitor us is the same money we have no choice in paying....

What, really, can we do about this situation?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well here in australia to buy a sim card you need to give them id, due to terrorist threats.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terric

Leave.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

That seems to be the common work around. I wouldn't call it a solution as such but yeah I see your point. Thing is though, the tyrannical arm of the NWO extends far and wide - soon there won't be anywhere you can run to. This "western" way of life is infecting every part of this world like some spreading disease.

Again, I stand by my statement of "it's a good thing we all die sometime isn't it" that is probably the only release we'll get to experience within out lifetimes unless something dramatic actually does happen. I can make an educated guess on what is more likely however...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terric

The answer is simple as hell
Only thing is nobody likes the solution unless it suits them
If they are listning to your mobile phone calls, Dont use a mobile phone
If everyone stopped using a mobile the Major operators (O2, vodafone) would force the goverment to stop
Some of these major problems can be solved very easily , but no one is willing to sacrifice anything
So we are to blame

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
fight for your right to be free,your children are counting on you to do what is right,the new world order wants to own your children,do nothing and your children will at least have someone to blame for there slavery,we must fight even die for freedom,this is real people wake up

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Oh I agree! But the thing is there are simply more of them than us. There are so many people now that see a mobile phone as a necessary essential of everyday life. For example, I need my phone for work but I dislike having it as I feel the need to be available all the time which impeaches on my private time.

Hopefully we're growing - it seems more and more people are waking up and joining our ranks daily. If only we could make being aware, caring, educated and mentally strong as "cool" and "socially acceptable" as being a materialistic, dimwitted, moronic, ignorant retard.

Glossary
-----------------
Us: well... us!
Them: the unwashed masses of the sheeple

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Google Video Link

TAKING LIBERTIES is a shocking but hilarious polemic documentary that charts the destruction of all your Basic Liberties under 10 Years of N...all » TAKING LIBERTIES is a shocking but hilarious polemic documentary that charts the destruction of all your Basic Liberties under 10 Years of New Labour. Released to coincide with Tony Blair's departure, the film and the book follow the stories of normal people who's lives have been turned upside down by injustice - from being arrested for holding a placard outside parliament to being tortured in Guantanamo Bay. THIS IS WHAT YOU DON'T READ IN THE PAPERS! THIS IS WHAT YOU DON'T SEE ON TV! AND IT'S HAPPENING TO YOU«

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
'British/Welsh/Scottish'? I doubt you've any friends over here Mick. If you wanted any you'd have the couretsy to accord people their proper identity - which is ENGLISH, not british, as I suspect you knew perfectly well when deciding to take the piss with phoney privacy concerns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join