It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama (Barry Soetoro)Has Duel Citizenship?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Okay..lets review..
Obama was born in Hawaii, which made him a citizen of the USA.
Obama's Mother married an Indonesian, & they moved to Indonesia.
Obama's step father adopted him. WHY????????
Because the law in Indonesia stated that only INDONESIAN CITZENS could go to PUBLIC schools. The law in Indonesia ALSO STATED that one could NOT HAVE DUEL CITIZENSHIP, and go to public schools, etc.
Barak Obama was adopted (name changed to Barry Soetoro)so he could become an Indonesian citizen, because THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY HE COULD HAVE GONE TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL, THAT WAS THE LAW.
HE HAD TO RENOUNCE HIS USA CITIZENSHIP BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT HAVE DUEL CITIZENSHIP IN INDONESIA AND ATTEND INDONESIA PUBLIC SCHOOL. LOOK UP THE LAWS THERE.
Barack Obama became an INDONESIAN CITIZEN.
Duel citizenship was NOT allowed.
Duel citizenship IS ALLOWED IN THE USA,
BUT NOT IF your running for PRESIDENT of the United States.
READ THRU THIS LINK..half way down gives the laws, year of law in Indonesia, and how it pertains to marriages, children and school.
Its NOT that Obama was never a USA citizen. Its that he BECAME AN INDONESIAN CITIZEN...When did Barry Soetoro LEGALLY change his name back to Barack Obama?? Where is the PAPERWORK? Where are his HEALTH RECORDS, SCHOOL RECORDS?? McCain had to let reporters view ALL his records for 3 hrs..WHERE ARE BARACK OBAMA"S RECORDS?
My guess is that ALL his records list him as BARRY SOETORO, an INDONESIAN CITIZEN..Thats why he will not show his records!
Barry Soetoro attended Basuki School, a PUBLIC school in Indonesia.
He could NOT have attended a public school in Indonesia WITHOUT BEING AN INDONESIAN CITIZEN.
www.kabar-irian.com...
Article 2 Section 1 states that an American Citizen must be born here and have no loyalty to any other country. He is not eligible to be President if he is a duel citizen. He needs to prove that he did not become a citizen of Indonesia or that he renounced his citizenship. Will this be the thing that brings Senator Obama down.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by MissysWorld]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

READ THRU THIS LINK

What link?
Your post has no working link.

I'd like to see one if you've got it.

thanks

Besides all that I still don’t think the people running the USA would have allowed Senator Obama to go this far if they thought there was any chance of him not being *legal*.
Just a bunch of last ditch throw in the kitchen sink attempts in my opinion.

thanks

...taps...

[edit on 19-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
DOh! Double post!

Fixt!

sorry

[edit on 19-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
after reaching the age of 18, He would have been forced to chose between the two citizenships.

Its law.

www.factcheck.org...

You have been the victim of "spin" friend.

make sure you filter what you read/see/hear about these elections... there is enough propaganda out there from both parties to make you sick.

edit: Forgot to mention regaurding this :
He needs to prove that he did not become a citizen of Indonesia or that he renounced his citizenship

You are not allowed to decide your citizenship, or renounce your citizenship until you have reached the age of majority, or 18 years old.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Lets just say that the USA would not have let him run for president, and that he had to have shown all his documentations..
WHERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS AND WHY HAVE THEY NOT BEEN SHOWN, AS REQUIRED?
Show me the documents...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lolo Soetoro,(Obamas step-father) an Indonesian State citizen, could not have enrolled Obama in school unless Lolo Soetoro signed an acknowledgement acknowledging Obama as his son, which had to be filed with the Government. Under Indonesian law, when a male acknowledges a child as his son, it deems the son, in this case Obama, as an Indonesian State citizen.

The laws in Indonesia at the time of Obama’s arrival did not allow dual citizenship. If an Indonesian citizen married a foreigner, as in this case, Obama’s mother was required to renounce her U.S. citizenship and was sponsored by her Indonesian spouse. The public schools did not allow foreign students, only citizens were allowed to attend as Indonesia was under strict rule and decreed a number of restrictions; therefore, in order for Obama to have attended school in Jakarta, which he did, he had to be a citizen of Indonesia, as the citizenship status of enrolled students was verified with Government records.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here is an UPDATE Ot. 18, 2008 on the BERG vs OBAMA Lawsuit.
www.youtube.com...

If Obama has nothing to hide WHY will he NOT produce ALL the documents?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
GREAT post!! Sounds like the judge may be under the influence.... This entire story continues to amaze me. Barry is certainly deceiving the entire nation. Why?? Shame on the DNC for allowing this case to elevate to new heights in American shame. Honesty would clear up this entire case or perhaps they are stalling in order to allow the counterfeiters more time to create the necessary documents.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Please you guys, you are not looking at this objectively. You are falling victim to the political propaganda.

they have Vetted both candidates fully...

Need I remind you that McCain was born in Panama?

All this spin is making me dizzy.

Please stop throwing out post after post, trying to shamelessly bump this post until you have taken a look at all the facts objectively.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Please you guys, you are not looking at this objectively. You are falling victim to the political propaganda.

Please stop throwing out post after post, trying to shamelessly bump this post until you have taken a look at all the facts objectively.

True, there is very little objectivity, but that is to be expected in such a close race for President.

According to Wiki (yeah, I know...) ONLY the Vice Presidential candidate is vetted.

Do you have any info on what process is used for vetting the party nominee?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
McCain was indeed born in Panama. However, he was born on a Naval base which is considered US sovereign territory. Thus, he is a natural born citizen.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The vetting process for presidential nominees is largely left up to the national media, and the competative primary season.

"Vetting" just means researching into one's past, evaluating and examining
their credentials. I don't believe there is a formal process for presidential nominees, but there may be at the party level.

However, ask yourself this: If any of these arguments had any merit, don't you think Hillary Clinton would have found out, and stomped Obama in the primaries?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

It really doesn't matter if he was granted citizenship in Indonesia through his adoptive father. It doesn't mean you lose your US citizenship. There's a formal process you have to go through to give up citizenship and a formal process the government has to go through to withdraw your citizenship. Just because one country doesn't recognize dual citizenship doesn't mean you lose your original citizenship.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I think Hillary is still trying to stomp him. Waiting until the final hour is certainly more dramatic and would make her look like a saint. The Clinton's thrive on power and they don't like to lose. This is playing out just like a Hollywood movie. Oh what fun...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Excuse me, but I do not sit here, like some, chewing gum all day thinking of what I can make up to post..I'm not spinning, Are you?
I have put countless hrs. of research into this, Have you?
I have spent hours reading about Obama & McCains past, Have you?
I have looked at BOTH sides, Have you?
I find the facts, Have you?
I have questioned everything, Have you?
I have NOT SEEN OBAMA"S REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, Have you?
If it is anyone that is not looking at this objectively, IT"S YOU.....
BTW..PLEASE stay on topic:
"Obama (Barry Soetoro)Has Duel Citizenship?"
The topic is NOT "John McCain (John McCain)Has Duel Citizenship?"

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nah, I think Clinton is either looking toward 2012, or is going to try and pressure Obama into a high ranking position within his cabinet.

She certainly tried to flex and pressure him into the VP slot...

Clinton isn't going to do anything to ruin his presidential bid. After all, if her party isn't in power, she's almost powerless

if Obama Loses.. Hillary Clinton 4 pres in 2012

If Obama Wins... She'll want to be secretary of state or something.

meh, I think, enough of the BS already... Colin Powell for President on an independent ticket is what we need...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
Excuse me, but I do not sit here, like some, chewing gum all day thinking of what I can make up to post..I'm not spinning, Are you?
I have put countless hrs. of research into this, Have you?
I have spent hours reading about Obama & McCains past, Have you?
I have looked at BOTH sides, Have you?
I find the facts, Have you?
I have questioned everything, Have you?
I have NOT SEEN OBAMA"S REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, Have you?
If it is anyone that is not looking at this objectively, IT"S YOU.....
BTW..PLEASE stay on topic:
"Obama (Barry Soetoro)Has Duel Citizenship?"
The topic is NOT "John McCain (John McCain)Has Duel Citizenship?"

I think the real question would be what specific documentation will satisfy your inquiry? I'm under the impression you are not seeking knowledge on this one.

If someone produced the documents that you seek, you would be the first in line saying they are pure fabrications.

This kind of circular logic will get you no where.

Neither will Straw man attacks on people posting objective, but contrary views to your own...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

If the media, if court suepenas, many investigative bloggers, etc. cannot find the information, How is Hillary supposed to?

You first say

Then you say

The vetting process for presidential nominees is largely left up to the national media, and the competative primary season.

"Vetting" just means researching into one's past, evaluating and examining
their credentials. I don't believe there is a formal process for presidential nominees, but there may be at the party level.

But you don't even know if there is a process at the party level.

The fact is, there is very little that we really know about Obama, mainly because he has had a meteoric rise in politics. He has not been in any position for long enough to really have a record of anything.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not pro-McCain nor anti-Obama, I think they are both tools and we are scroomed either way.

But the fact of the matter is we just don't know enough about Obama, period.

An excerpt from a WSJ article

Aides claim Mr. Obama "has taken voluntary transparency steps" that allow "his constituents, the media and his political opponents to fully examine him." In reality, anyone questioning the approved story line is liable to be ignored, misled or even bullied. This isn't what reporters expected when Mr. Obama began campaigning for a "new politics" that would bring honesty and openness to government.

Walking the rows of media outlets at the Denver convention, I had no trouble finding reporters who complained the campaign was secretive and evasive. Ben Smith of Politico.com1 has written about Team Obama's "pattern of rarely volunteering information or documents, even when relatively innocuous." Politico asked months ago if Mr. Obama had ever written anything for the Harvard Law Review as a student. The Obama campaign responded narrowly, with a Clintonesque statement that "as the president of the Law Review, Obama didn't write articles, he edited and reviewed them." This month it turned out Mr. Obama had written an article -- but it was published a month before he became president.

Chasing the rest of Mr. Obama's paper trail is often an exercise in frustration. Mr. Obama says his state senate records "could have been thrown out" and he didn't keep a schedule in office. No one appears to have kept a copy of his application for the Illinois Bar. He has released only a single page of medical records, versus 1,000 pages for John McCain.

source

I, personally, do not theink that Obama has been vetted enough by any organization. And I don't think it is because of a lack of effort in researching him.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Let's remain civil and on topic, please.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Let's remain civil and on topic, please.

Fair enough

hope that wasn't directed at me though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join