It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the Election ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
First off let me state I am not racist.

But I must say that I have noticed that people at my work are edgy.

What concerns me is that when / if Obama gets elected, IS anyone worried that the racist blacks might get a sense of false empowerment?

I mean I have alot fo black friends who are smart and educated, but im worried about the not so intelligent blacks.

Please dont take offense for im trying the best I can to convey my message

Discuss

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
maybe you should be worried more about the unintelligent, racist whites who fear an obama presidency.
i personally feel that if obama loses, then we'll probably see "voter fraud" screamed louder than "kill whitey" or any other nonsense feared by non-black citizens.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGSPatriot
First off let me state I am not racist.

But I must say that I have noticed that people at my work are edgy.

What concerns me is that when / if Obama gets elected, IS anyone worried that the racist blacks might get a sense of false empowerment?

I mean I have alot fo black friends who are smart and educated, but im worried about the not so intelligent blacks.

Please dont take offense for im trying the best I can to convey my message

Discuss
I don't think you could have said it any better. Kudos to you for tackling such a controversial subject. The school I attend has a large African American population and I have seen with my own eyes the false empowerment it's already giving many co-students. Obama hasn't even won yet and its already getting to their head.

Ive heard everything from "Its over for you white people" to "Now we get the rich peoples money". I think personally that its to soon to elect a man of Barack Obama's nature. I feel it will completely wipe all of MLK's work off the map in terms of racial unity.

I truly hope I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
maybe you should be worried more about the unintelligent, racist whites who fear an obama presidency.
i personally feel that if obama loses, then we'll probably see "voter fraud" screamed louder than "kill whitey" or any other nonsense feared by non-black citizens.

Well you are both half right.

We should all worry about the

"unintelligent"

Blacks/White/Hispanics etc.

In those realms misinformation and ignorance spreads like wild fires

[edit on 19-10-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I hope that it empowers them, and all of the other minority groups, and women to.

I think the only people we have to worry about are racists and bigots...and the central banks! lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65

We're already seeing real cases of voter fraud committed, thanks to ACORN.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the non intelligent people period.
The government does not care about race, religion, creed, sex, orientation etc...
For the first time in history, every person is equal in the eyes of the government. An equal opportunity to tax the teeth out of you.

So tolerance, is all about the numbers.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There will be riots if he wins because they just can't contain themselves. There will be riots if he loses because they just can't contain themselves.

Be ready for it on election night and be ready for it if there is a delay in the announcement. Be ready for it after the voter fraud hearings go against them. Be ready for it if the supreme court is to chicken to hear the case.

I think this is bigger then an average NBA championship...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

I gave you a start because I agree with your comment.
I hope an Obama POTUS will inspire people of any race.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Star and flag mate!

People are just stupid these days... Im an bad way im all for the pillaging of stupid people lol.

We might actually progress. But to each thier own.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Do you really even know what the whole ACORN thing going on is about?
It's has nothing to do with voting. It was a few idiots that tried to make an extra buck by registering ficticious names. It had nothing to do with Obama.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think the black people will start calling Obama an Uncle tom if he doesn't do something for them quick.

He better hope Congress and America goes along with his plans for the black population.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
reply to post by jsobecky

Do you really even know what the whole ACORN thing going on is about?
It's has nothing to do with voting. It was a few idiots that tried to make an extra buck by registering ficticious names. It had nothing to do with Obama.

You just contradicted yourself .. the door is to your left ... dont let it hit you where the good lord split you *wave*

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I can hardly believe what I'm reading on this thread.

When people start spouting, "I'm not racist, but..., that automatically negates their starting point.

if Obama gets elected, IS anyone worried that the racist blacks might get a sense of false empowerment?

This rant seems to state that blacks shouldn't have any feelings of empowerment. They should be satisfied with the status quo, and remain in their "place." This assessment may not be what you meant, but that's how it reads.

The truth is we are witnessing a historic moment: The very real possibility that a black man may become President.

People who claim "I'm not racist, but..." are scared. Unfortunately, it is only their inability to reach beyond ignorance that fans this fear.

Hopefully, others with this particular mindset will be able to move beyond this mental crutch and embrace health social change.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

Please dude, if you are going to try to disprove me at least know a little about what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry OP, but I have trouble fathoming a black poster making a post like this questioning the "empowerment" whites may feel if McCain wins and you not thinking that they are racist.

You claim you aren’t “racist” because you have black friends? Yeah and I have vegetarian friends, I don’t try to use that to excuse my hunger for innocent animals, I eat meat, they don’t. Do you think if I told a vegan who has strong beliefs about killing and eating animals that I have vegetarian friends they’d find my hunger for meat and acting on that hunger any less offensive?

You feel something or you don’t, whom ever you associate with does not automatically counter very real possibilities about racist feelings you may have and you yourself may not even understand are racist.

I’m really sickened by this thread and the other ignorance in relation to Obama I’ve seen in this world. You don’t have to like the guy or vote for him, but he hasn’t been making his race a major issue, everyone else has, he has just been addressing it. You are contributing to the kind of ignorance that rallies hate, and that is dangerous stuff, it doesn’t just go away. You fuel the fire and someone is going to get burned.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
More or less, Where the FAWKES were these GUYs a year ago?
Who the hell ever heard about them before the election anyways. They were only important to those that closely knew or supported them.
Where were McCain and Obama when 911 happened?
Where were they when we had other problems.
I never saw any of them trying to do anything substantial for the country before they all got wise to the presidency.
Were they trying to make a difference for those effected by Katrina, or those affected by the tsunami? Have they done anything to encourage environmental stability and alternative energy?
How about foreign policy?
How about the trillions of $$ that disappeared, "opps" "I mean reallocated"
on 9-10-2001?

In fact, Where the hell were they before this year?

I know of someone I remember seeing and saying the same things for the past 20 yrs. All falling on deaf ears. Someone who is interested in what the people have to do with this country. Someone that thinks the gov. should rethink spending on a global scale. You all know who I mean.

Ask anyone, what either of them did for a living before the got eyes on the presidency? See how many people really know. those that don't, ask them if they think if it's important or not if they know what their choice for President has been doing before last year. When you get that stupid face from those you ask, and the little cute comments, then you will know the sorry state we are in.

Gov! Go Fawkes yourself!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

How would you propose the subject be broached?In these days of political correctness, one cannot use the word black in a sentance without adding the sacrifical disclaimer.The race card being played has become rampant,it's a catchall to use against anyone with an opposite view.It has the automatic effect of placing someone in the worst possible light.
Ignorance knows no sex,creed or color,yet try to confront ANY type of ignorance and watch the "cards"fall.
People with reasonable intelligence should be able to discuss any subject,with clarity and truthful subjectivity.Illuding to someone as a racist shows a total lack of tolerance for differing opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

People with reasonable intelligence should be able to discuss any subject,with clarity and truthful subjectivity.Illuding to someone as a racist shows a total lack of tolerance for differing opinion.

There's no alluding. That's what this member wrote. Perhaps if he had added a bit more clarity in the thought he was attempting to convey, then it would have been a non-issue. But he didn't, and here we stand.

if Obama gets elected, IS anyone worried that the racist blacks might get a sense of false empowerment?

Once again, this rant seems to state that blacks shouldn't have any feelings of empowerment. They should be satisfied with the status quo, and remain in their "place."

Someone please explain to me how this sentiment doesn't smack of racism.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What you should really worry about is the 100 million or so white voters who will be voting for Obama not because they like him or because they think he's a good candidate, but because they want to prove to everyone that they aren't racist and can vote for a black guy.

That my friends, is scary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join