It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public spending will boost economy (OH REALLY?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Public spending will boost economy (OH REALLY?)

news.uk.msn.com

Mr Darling said plans for two new aircraft carriers and a new nuclear deterrent would go ahead, as well as London's £16 billion Crossrail project and the £9.3 billion 2012 Olympic games.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mr Darling is playing us for fools. He wants to increase public spending to get money rolling, but I have too totally disagree with this, this ISN'T public spending, this is the government spending PUBLIC money.

I'd love for someone to explain to me why on earth we need two more aircraft carriers when were heading into recession, why on earth does London need a cross rail project when it has sufficient transport systems already! (yes yes, London is busy, just like every capital, but it DOES NOT need a cross rail track when were heading into recession!)

What more, the Leeds tram system was cancelled a couple of years back so money could be directed for 2012 plans, the government has a track record of starting projects then dumping them!

This government has NO IDEA where to spend its money, does buying 2 aircraft carriers and a nuclear deterrent program have any positive impact on YOUR confidence in the economy?

I can't believe they have the cheek to call this plan a secret weapon... its absolute absurd!

Opinions wanted!

news.uk.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-10-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The building of the aircraft carriers will employ hundreds of thousands either directly or by proxy. The projects in London will do the same.

The UK government will get a large portion of this money back through the profits from the 2012 olympics.

Its not a bad plan.. as long as people turn up for the olympics.

join