It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Chicken McNuggets.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You know how the new McDonald's commercials say that the chicken mcnuggets are made of white chicken now. Well what the # were they made of before?!?!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Probably ground beef. The commercial says, "now made with real white meat." Either:

a) They used red meat before.
b) They used fake white meat.

What the hell were they thinking when they decided to advertise with that line.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
You know how the new McDonald's commercials say that the chicken mcnuggets are made of white chicken now. Well what the # were they made of before?!?!

OMG they weren't made with chiken before!!?!?!?! LOL! I have no idea what they were made of. But I dont really care since I dont eat at McDonald's anyways. Their food tastes like cardboard.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Uckers, well I'm a vegetarian; but when I was a kid I got food poisoning from MaccyD's chicken nuggets, never eaten 'em since...not that I have an particular desire too...
Hmm, anyone seen that episode of Buffy where she thinks that fast food place's 'secret ingredient' is human?
hehehe

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
before, they were made with whatever leftover meat, cartiledge(sp?), tendons, etc that they could pick off the bone. i think they call it grinder meat.

but they are much better now. i actually can make myself eat them

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
you forgot the chicken butt lipps.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
SO what have we learned here today kids:

Mc Donalds Food = TEH SUCKS!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
before, they were made with whatever leftover meat, cartiledge(sp?), tendons, etc that they could pick off the bone. i think they call it grinder meat.

Back in the day I used to work for KFC. At the end of the night, we'd get the chicken that was sitting out all day that nobody bought and take it to the back. Then I would have to "debone" the chicken and through it in a pot. Mix with some packaged stuff and VIOLA!! Pot pies that would last a good three or four days.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
UGH disgusting!

Back before I was a pescetarian (i only eat fish), I bit into a mCchicken sandwich or whatever, and there was a big PURPLE VEIN! I never ate chicken after that. Absolutely disgusting.

While we're talking about chicken, I also heard this story that this woman ordered a chicken sandwich and specified without mayo. Well when she got it, she sat down and took a bite into it and tasted mayo. She went up to complain and when they looked at it, it was a tumor!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Notice...They say "white meat," but never really chicken. What white meat might they be using.

Also FYI, McDonalds is 100% Cow, not beef. And people wonder why I gave up on eating beef.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRaven
Also FYI, McDonalds is 100% Cow, not beef. And people wonder why I gave up on eating beef.

Whats the diff between cow and beef?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They used to be beaks and feet baby!!!

At least they don't make me sick anymore.... I'm a sucker for Mickey D's fries though, so I'm glad... But I still avoid the nuggets like the plague....

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There is dark meat on a chicken. I remember before the nuggets used to have pieces of dark meat mixed in with white meat.
And white meat is more expensive than dark meat, probably why the price has gone up since they introduced them.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have a new theory:

They used to use red meat and bleach it white

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Your alternative options are:

A.) Pidgeon meat
or
B.) Kangaroo meat

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Speaking of meat in fast food restraunts; has anyone seen the new 'chicken wings' in UK pizza huts? I don't know what pizza hut class as a chicken exactly, but these things were more like pidgeon wings!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Or we could eat Ostrich. Which doesn't taste too bad.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10

A. Cats
B. Mad Chickens
C. We may never know

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've seen pictures of McNuggets being made and read about it, and this is how it used to go, perhaps they use real meat now.

The bits of the chicken that can be used for nothing else are used (you can imagine which bits).

These are chopped and boiled. A froth develops at the top of the vat, this is scraped off, and a thickening agent is added to this, as well as chicken flavoring. This mixture is then mixed with beaters to produce the 'texture'. It is puffed into little molds, frozen, battered and shipped.

Having said that, I still eat them, I love McDonalds. My normal meal consists of a double cheeseburger, a quarterpounder meal and an apple pie, washed down with a coke or fanta. Mmmmm, hungry....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join