It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Do You Think Break Up Because Of Those Midnight Adult Phone Commercials ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

I was just sitting here reading through some stuff when this advertisement came onto the television that said, by sending an SMS message to a certain number, you will receive a message that will tell you if your partner is actually cheating on you .

Now i believe that this is a complete and utter scam but i think that it is in pretty bad taste and what im wondering is, how many people do you think actually break up and/or get a divorce because of this shifty operation?

Its bad enough that they charge you an arm and a leg for this service but they have to add more cowbell by stuffing your relationship too.

What do you think about it?

Omega

[edit on 19/10/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I ASOLUTELY HATE those comercials!!!!!!

And too answer your question: the only people that break up over dumb things like that are immature 16 year olds and younger...and if the people are over 16 years of age, then they have the mentality of an 8 year old.

Other classic paranoia inducing scams are:

The partner tracker.

The love calculator.

The compatability calculator (or something to that effect)

I HATE IT!!!!! AAAAARRRGGGHHHH *breath*

If anyone cares too read the minature contract at the bottom of the screen, they will see that it may cause your parents too take out a second mortgage on the house inorder to pay the bill.

Why didn't I think up this scam?? How much work would you have to do too maintain a system such as that?? basically none!

Cheers, Fox.

(BTW: Greets to a fellow night owl Aussie
)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yep,

I know exactly what you mean,

Originally posted by fox_3000au

Why didn't I think up this scam?? How much work would you have to do too maintain a system such as that?? basically none!

True, meanwhile the mob that own that business are raking it in, most of those ads are from the same people too.

(BTW: Greets to a fellow night owl Aussie
)

For sure, you too

[edit on 19/10/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think it's terrible that so many people make a killing off of stupid people's gullibility. I'd do it, but I'm sure it would come back to bite m in the ass somehow.

What gets me, though is the people's gullibility. It's not just immature 16 year olds. There are plenty of dumb adults.
People will break up or get into an argument over:
Dreams, What their psychic told them, internet oracles, the magic 8 ball, etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Though I can't see who they really are targeting at this time of the night?

You'd think that most of the teens would be in bed by now, but then again.

Too tell you my opinion on Ads, I think that over the years Ads have become more and more blatantly obvious, what I mean by this, is that the majority of them don't really rely on been a sophisticated tool of trying too make you want too buy a product that is in all seriousness, usless. Instead, they are just blatantly saying, "Here, buy this, you don't need it and it really doesn't work, but hey, it's not real money that your buying it with anyhow....it's credit."
What they seem too do now is make their money through contracts, like flexi-rent, Radio Rentals had a no credit check promo, internet is contract (mostly), Car financiers...contract.

Too me advertising of this sort is more of a slap in the face, it doubts my intelligence and preys on the unaware.

I feel a bit better now...even though I strayed off topic.

But essentialy, these ads prey on those that feel no compulsion for self-restraint.

Cheers, Fox.

(BTW: After I said night-owl and hit the post reply button, I thought, "Not if your in W.A." No DS there.)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i think it comes down to this

people want to know what is in store for them so badly that they will jump at anything to find an answer and since a good chunk of humans are easily caught up and manipulated, once they find an answer, no matter how stupid, they go with it

i think those commercials are awful, along with those, "call now, i'm here and home bein all sexy and don't have anything to do" lol

it's all a bunch of crap. if you have to pay to call somebody, it probably isn't worth it

new topics

top topics

join