It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins:-"Touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved to McCain"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
reply to post by GrayFox

So basically, what you're saying is, they rigged them on purpose or they purposefully forgot to calibrate them??

I'm saying someone probably screwed up somewhere. Just because the screen isn't calibrated correctly doesn't mean it's intentional. Though on the other hand.... it could accidentally trick some people into voting for the wrong person. I think people just need to be more careful when voting. It does show you a review before you finalize it. But.... it would be nice if they'd make sure the things are working right in the first place!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
its not being talked about because there is nothing to talk about - a simple touchscreen calibration issue or an example of not smart enough to vote - when I was young I saw first hand how voting works - a guy handing out fifties before you walked in and telling you how to vote - that is the way it worked back then and is the reason I don't even bother to vote - it boils down to who ever has the most money wins - if you believe otherwise you are sadly mistaken - we are screwed no matter who wins - they are puppets of big money - always have been always will be - any of you wanna change the world ? go make a huge pile of money and by the change you want - Good Luck

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't think machines have the intelligence to cast a vote for McCain. I think it's made up stuff to try to send the election to the Supreme Court who has not been kind to Republicans lately.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

right on! That's the thing with many conspiracy theories. The concepts are too outward and simple to be likely. For a good voting machine movie, check out "Man of the Year". Funny and dramatic.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by newagent89]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Doesn't every polling place have, or can have, a representative from each party to oversee things? I would be pretty sure that each machine would be tested and calibrated with multiple onlookers to prevent fraud. We use paper ballots that are scanned into a machine, they seem to work pretty darn well. Sometimes we fix or improve things that don't need fixing or improving.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Regarding the original Post: Maybe the reason that this particular machine switches votes is because it intuitively recognizes a hidden truth that none of the American sheeple seem to get. And that is simple that a vote for Barrack or McCain is still a vote for the machine. So go on vote in vain the winer has already been determined by the powers that be similar to Wrestle Mania.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Isn't the company who runs the voting machines linked to McCain somehow? I thought i read that on a post on here a month or so back. Any validity to this?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I suppose its possible, but it seems a little too obvious. If you're going to cheat, do it right. You don't give outward visual clues that its happening. If this were intentional, I doubt that it would be so apparent.

It sounds like a malfunctioning machine to me.

Intentional or not, the problem has the same consequence.

One would think it should be dealt with extreme seriousness.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If they were rigged this should be enough to offset and balance the tons of false registrations on the Obama side anyway.

I doubt they are rigged, probably misconfigured.

When was the last time those machines were calibrated?
That what the Dems should demand.

when a false registration form is filled out it doesnt record one single vote in this election. when the machines used to actually vote in this election are corrupted it affects the actual will of the people voting in this election.

i love how people think ' acorn' is a story. were these false registrations actually discovered? yes they were and no micky mouse will not get to vote this year.

check this out. mccain is palling around with acorn. your excuse is debunked. only fox news thinks acorn is a story.

theboard.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by elitegamer23

pitchforks wont help hmmm? its also in the constitution that we have a right to keep and bare arms........do you know why that was in there? The founding fathers put that in there in the case that there was a tyrannical WE the PEOPLE could over throw it......

yes i know about the second amendment and im also a gun owner.
sadly 'we the people' cannot overthrow the govenment with our firearms. we are not united in our purpose and most people have been brainwashed to accept whatever their leaders spoon feed them.

if we can overthrow our government why havent we yet? why didnt we stop an unjust war in iraq? why didnt stop the bailout of the rich paid for by the poor and middle class.

what are we waiting for? sadly the presidential election is our only hope to truly put the power back where it belongs and that is in the citizens of the united states.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I do see a pattern here!!!
Here it is.

Democrats lost vs bush..claim voter mishap or what ever.

This year democrats are wanting to hang Mcain with a passion.
So what can we do to make them distrust Mcain?
Lets use the whole my vote machine is switching my vote trick again.

Extremely odd and on Que..with possible voter fraud and what not on democrats at this point.

see my point.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
I do see a pattern here!!!
Here it is.

Democrats lost vs bush..claim voter mishap or what ever.

This year democrats are wanting to hang Mcain with a passion.
So what can we do to make them distrust Mcain?
Lets use the whole my vote machine is switching my vote trick again.

Extremely odd and on Que..with possible voter fraud and what not on democrats at this point.

see my point.

im sorry i dont believe democrats give a crap about mccain. this is the first election in a long time that people are actually voting for a person they believe in and not simply because they hate the other guy. i dont think republicans would understand this because they have voted on hate for a long time now.

are you saying these elderly voters who had problems with the voting machine are lying? are you saying they are part of some democratic conspiracy?

what kind of country do you want to live in when u accept the fact the will of the people may not actually match the results of the election?

both sides, democrat and republicans should be demanding a fair election.

here look at this. republican voter registration fraud very similiar to acorn.
calitics.com...
well?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Actually Semper,
There is significant evidence of election rigging in 2000, its just that some chose to ignore it, or pretend not to see it.

And yes, touch screens do need calibrating now n then, but come on..

if you’ve got a big button on the left, and a big button on the right, im sure the screen isn’t completely BACKWARDS

There'd be a line down the middle:

if you press on the left is thus line, it votes blue

if you press on the right of that line, it votes red

Id like to know how many people simply walk in, press and walk out without really paying attention to what it says there after.

Its rigging pure and simple,
for the United States, the same United states that put a man on the moon and invented the atom bomb to have 'faulty' touch screen computers '' all be it a basic system '' isn’t by some accident.

this is the government here, money is spent to ensure nothing is faulty, unless its meant to be that way.

Secondly,

I don’t think the Dems will steal it,
they are a sure thing. McCain is such a backwards thinking leader who has no charisma or idea's for himself its amazing people are even taking him seriously.

And lets face it, no matter what he says, he's Bush 2.0 on the important subjects.
Oil, Iraq, Terrorism and the economy collapsing banking/corporate sector.

the people see this, and hate this.

The republicans will steal this, and that’s why I believe the military has been authorised for deployment.

The people sat by and watched George steal it, and look where we are 8yrs later.
They will not sit by and watch it be stolen by the same corrupt criminals again.

They cannot afford to!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
wow on pg 1 that SImpsons Youtube clip said not availible, but it works on the link !. That video was telling us the truth. There is voting fraud going on for sure. Amazing.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is exactly what I hate about elections. No matter which way it goes, the supporters of the losing party are going to call foul. Honestly, if Obama loses expect the headlines to read something like "Did white racists cause Obama to lose?" Thats just an example and I'm just venting so take what I say with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by M0n0lyth
This is exactly what I hate about elections. No matter which way it goes, the supporters of the losing party are going to call foul. Honestly, if Obama loses expect the headlines to read something like "Did white racists cause Obama to lose?" Thats just an example and I'm just venting so take what I say with a grain of salt.

i dont recall election results on the big level being questioned until 2000. remind me of one that has been questioned so much before 2000.
i do understand your point though.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrekFan

I'm just curious. What will McCain do for us again??

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
reply to post by TrekFan

I'm just curious. What will McCain do for us again??

i dont think he plans on doing anything for the average 'joe',
he is mostly doing this for his ego.

one thing john mccain is going to do for me is put my health insurance at risk. intelligent minds have looked into his plan and they say 20 million people could lose their health insurance that is provided for by their employer.
i cant really think of anything else he can do for me.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion... Elections are pre-planned. If the higher powers want Canidate X to win, then he will, regardless of how many votes he/she recieves (or doesnt). WE'VE SEEN THIS!!!!
I will go as far to predict the Sh*t WILL hit the fan over the next 4 weeks in turmoil surrounding the elections and office issues. lol, it doesnt take a genious to predict this but i just wanna feel smart... let me have my moment!! haha

[edit on 19-10-2008 by musclefreak]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The type of machine used there is called a "Smart" machine.
It helps those that don't know any better.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join