It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins:-"Touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved to McCain"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well this will save me a lot of time going to the polls and voting for McCain but I'll do it anyway because I love voting republican! My family and I were talking about the polls saying osama..oops i mean obama was pulling ahead and i was like 'well i really hope the election really is rigged this time. Or again, whatever.
woohoo! best post on ATS i've read recently. Thanks!
no i'm not being sarcastic. i really dont like barak hussain obama and am a die hard McCain supporter.
McCain 08!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

So basically, what you're saying is, they rigged them on purpose or they purposefully forgot to calibrate them??

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't see how it really makes that much of a difference. So what, McCain wins the popular vote, who cares. Let him take it, Obama will still probally win the election.

You guys do know there's a difference between the electoral college and the popular vote, right?

When the average Joe votes at a voting machine, he/she isn't electing the preident of the US, he/she is only adding to the popular vote.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If they were rigged this should be enough to offset and balance the tons of false registrations on the Obama side anyway.

I doubt they are rigged, probably misconfigured.

When was the last time those machines were calibrated?
That what the Dems should demand.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I cannot help to remember a funny video during the Bush vs Kerry election. I think it is still in Youtube, and here is the link:
www.youtube.com...

It looks likely that the history will repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
My mail-in ballot poses no problems. Paper ballots-the only way to go...mark with a Sharpie. No machine counts, hand count only. This lessens the chances of "honest" mistakes.
OOPS! Sorry, that's why we went to machines in the first place- accuracy and honesty?

May be a course in the use of touch-screen technology would help, just before entering the booth?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well,

obviously we know which party has the better techies behind it. guess that counts for something considering the era we live in...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I deal with touch screens and they do need to be calibrated after moving and should be calibrated periodically during use. The real threat is the "under-the-hood" count that we can't see.
It would be hard to call McCain the victor with all the poll's and press counts that should Obama so far ahead. To come and say "Gee, McCain won after all" would really be too suspect.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ain't politics fun.

Republicans lie and cheat and distort facts to get elected.

Democrats lie and cheat and distort facts to get elected.

Republican Partisans lie and cheat and distort facts to get their Candidate elected.

Democrat Partisans lie and cheat and distort facts to get their Candidate elected.

If the Republican wins the Democrats will accuse them of cheating whether they did or not.

If the Democrat wins the Republicans will accuse them of cheating whether they did or not.

When the Republicans screw up they blame the Democrats.

When the Democrats screw up they blame the Republicans.

The Far Right is made up of raving lunatics.

The Far Left is made up of raving lunatics.

The people who should be running for office never will, due to all of the above. Therein lies the problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is nothing more than someone's attempt to withdrawal the spotlight from ACORN, and the fraud being committed through such organizations, by re-focusing attention on "Voter Disenfranchisement". I cannot tell you how long I have worked with elections and been closely acquainted with them, yet how often I witness erratic Voters putting forth ridiculous claims like these. Not to mention that EVERY polling station has back-up paper "Scantron" Ballots which may be used in such cases of dispute. These Voters have no excuse.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by uncover_the_truth

where are you from, what state..........bekcuse think i you are not American

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by uncover_the_truth

Now that's a lesson for you, you should stop using video poker machine as a voting machine. Don't you know poker machine always favor the bankers?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How does that work? I thought early voting was only via mail? I don't care who you support, I think these machines should be done away with. If I can't at very least get a print out of my vote so as to ensure my vote went how I wanted it then I'll raise hell at the city council.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Calibrated shmalibrated, how often does anyone here have to re-calibrate their calculators?
Or telephones, "oops, sorry wrong number, I guess I have to recalibrate my phone."

Weight scales need re-calibration, not touch screens IMO.

Pure vote fraud, they are doing it again!

I have to calibrate my touchscreen toughbook every month. And it doesn't have some moron pushing it with all his weight.

I do find it hard to believe that, once checked, it moved.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Here in Vegas they move the machines around to different grocery stores for early voting.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

pitchforks wont help hmmm? its also in the constitution that we have a right to keep and bare arms........do you know why that was in there? The founding fathers put that in there in the case that there was a tyrannical WE the PEOPLE could over throw it......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join