It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins:-"Touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved to McCain"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Blah blah blah racism racism racism, Its all Obamas fault, its all McCains fault, you libs suck, the republicans rig everything..............jesus people.......enough already.......when will you learn that its when we STOP fighting each other and START fighting the corruption that things will get better.......and then it wont be a Dem or Rep thing........it will be an AMERICAN thing, and there wont be any party lines...........what the US needs is revolution.........what the US needs is for the PEOPLE to quit bitching, and to take back what is ours......and thats our country....grab your pitchforks men

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Good post Johnny.
I agree with vacating America. The bad part is from this point, LMAO, I wouldnt know where to go. Ive been to a lot of countries. Countries that I know have improved since my being there.
Korea, Japan, Phillippines, Thailand, Honduras, Panama, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Bharian.
I was almost in a dream state this morning (well pretty much all night lastnight) with prospects for my next business venture. It included overseas investors and worldwide profits. Leading to 1.25 M profits a month.
Well I guess thats a little off subject.
Problems like this prove (eventhough they arent directly involved), the wrong people are leading this nation. A lot of things need to be revamped.
Although I am a very firm believer in the constitution and Bill of rights. I believe they too need to be revamped. One to EXCLUDE people that arent US citizens. If they have diplomatic reasons for immunity, they can get a mofa card.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Blah blah blah racism racism racism, Its all Obamas fault, its all McCains fault, you libs suck, the republicans rig everything..............jesus people.......enough already.......when will you learn that its when we STOP fighting each other and START fighting the corruption that things will get better.......and then it wont be a Dem or Rep thing........it will be an AMERICAN thing, and there wont be any party lines...........what the US needs is revolution.........what the US needs is for the PEOPLE to quit bitching, and to take back what is ours......and thats our country....grab your pitchforks men

you want people to just accept the fact that the voting machines are problematic? im sorry id rather see people bitch.

voting for president is the one place americans truly hold their voice and power in this government.

it has to be discussed.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Wow listening to all the slaves inside the left-right paradigm again is entertaining.
Here are the psych ops in action........read the headlines:

Pelosi predicts 250-seat Dem House
Obama's transition team meets
Powell endorses Obama but makes sure to clarify it's not about race.
Pelosi: 100% Barack is going to win
Obama lines up cabinet

There is a certain group of people who are emotionally being manipulated.

Imagine the day after the election when their is no clear-cut winner. Wonder where and who will be doing the civil unrest?

Meanwhile the good slaves will be arguing amongst themselves as follows:

left= the republicans stole the election through rigged machines
right= the democrats stole the election through ACORN's voter registration fraud

These stories are already hitting the MSM hard.

And TPTB will move onto their next phase while everyone's attention is diverted.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Look its been proven time and time again.
That the voting machines can be hacked.
Why would you even argue they cant?
We have no proof that they ARE being hacked, other than things like this, but we have much proof that they can easily be hacked.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
GOP Cyber Security Expert warns the election will be stolen

Spoonamore, the head of cyber security for the GOP investigated e-voting fraud and in the linked interviews tries to warn Americans the 2008 election will be stolen. If you haven't seen this interview you need to, regardless of which political party you favor.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Can't anyone just lose with dignity anymore?

I am so sick of all the "He stole this" "They stole that" BULL...

Nothing was proven last time after all of the hype and ridiculous claims, just more and more drama for the masses..

Now here we have each side setting up excuses so that whomever loses can cry foul....

Ridiculous and defeating..

The really funny thing is that all the "wonderful" posters that have cried for equality and less bashing are the first to start making up excuses as to why they "may" lose...

Not even waiting to see if it happens...

Between the FBI investigating ACORN and the seeming inability of some to touch a touch screen correctly, all we are doing is again, ignoring the real things we should be looking at this close to the election...

Semper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

apparently my statement went completely over your head. Which is why, again things will continue to perpetuate......you dont get it, it doesnt matter about the machines...the corruption is going on at a level far beyond that, so it wouldnt matter in the first place. Yes, people do need to have their say....which is why i posted what i did......read it again.....until we take care of the government your voice wont be heard anyway.

link   
Apparently a triple Post

[edit on 10/19/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 10/19/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Voting machines are computers. When you write a computer program, it either does exactly what you intended or doesn't work at all. Storing Yes/No answers that are linked to questions is about the easiest program to write. If voting machines are messing up BUT NOT CRASHING, it's intentional. Period.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by elitegamer23

apparently my statement went completely over your head. Which is why, again things will continue to perpetuate......you dont get it, it doesnt matter about the machines...the corruption is going on at a level far beyond that, so it wouldnt matter in the first place. Yes, people do need to have their say....which is why i posted what i did......read it again.....until we take care of the government your voice wont be heard anyway.

maybe it went over my head because it was confusing. you say people need to stop the fighting but seem to wanna argue instead of discussing things. are you part of your problem as well? i see you already insinuated that i am.

the government is supposed to be the voice of the american people, its in the constitution.

pitchforks will not help this problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
it is ok. the touch screen and ACORN cancel eachother out now.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

I don't know, here's what the very well sourced Wikipedia article on ACORN has to say about this controversy:

During 2007 and 2008, ACORN registered over 1.3 million new voters in 21 states.[16]
Where ACORN has discovered potentially false voter registration forms provided by its workers, it has followed legal requirements to submit them to voter registrars, but flagged them as requiring additional attention by voter registrars. In San Diego County, CA, officials stated that during 2008, ACORN-submitted registrations had a rejection rate of 17%–in contrast to a rate of less than 5% for voter drives by other organizations. This rate includes rejections for all errors on registration forms, whether innocent or intentional.[17]
ACORN's registration efforts have been investigated in a number of cities, in some cases as a result of ACORN-flagged registration forms;[5] at least fifteen ACORN employees in four states have been indicted or convicted of voter registration fraud between 2004 and 2008.[18][19]
Investigations that have not resulted in charges or are still pending have been conducted in St. Louis, Missouri in 2006;[20][21] Lake County, Indiana[22] and Cuyahoga County, Ohio[23][24] in 2008; in Michigan in 2008;[25] in Nevada in 2008;[26][5] in Missouri in 2008.[27] Investigations resulting in charges or convictions of ACORN voter-registration employees occurred in 2004 in Ohio;[28] in 2005 in Colorado;[29] in 2006 in Kansas City, Missouri;[30] in 2007 in Washington state.[31] In the Washington case, ACORN agreed to pay King County $25 000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud occurs again. According to the prosecutor, the misconduct was done "as an easy way to get paid [by ACORN], not as an attempt to influence the outcome of elections."[32][33]
During investigations, ACORN has publicly supported the investigations of employees submitting fraudulent voter registration information, has fired them if evidence supports the charges, and has stated its concern with false information on registration forms.[34][35] Officials have stated that ACORN has been cooperative in these investigations.[25]

From here. Not really on the same order at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
it is ok. the touch screen and ACORN cancel eachother out now.

i think acorn was maybe 2000-4000 fake registrations that wouldnt have ever counted as a vote for anyone.

a huge percentage of voters use electronic machines so this problem could be huge. it will also affect the actual votes in the election.

this doesnt cancel anything out. its only a problem that has yet to hatch. wait for madness from this election. it could make 2000 look like a fair election.

does anyone really in their sane mind believe this election is even close?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A few people on here are saying "touch screens don't need calibration."

That's utter bs.

I work in a restaurant where we have touch screen computers, enabled with the internet, so that our customers can use them while they eat. Every morning I have to go and re-calibrate the touch screens.

I also own a tablet pc, which requires less, but still every so often, a re calibration.

So, possibly, just MAYBE, the screens do just need re calibrated.

As much as I would like to see the GOP try and cheat, just for laughs and to show all my republican friends family, I really doubt this was cheating and just a machine malfunction.

Really, with touch screens, it happens ALL the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Wow, they really are rigged

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Aberinkula is correct. Even the Nintendo DS screen has a calibration option. If it's not calibrated correctly, then sometimes you end up selecting the wrong thing on the screen. Go ahead and try it. Touch screens do need to be calibrated.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe this is a little simplistic but,

If the Republicans are really rigging elections and cheating is it correct in assuming the Dems know its happening?

If they know its happening, why don't they cheat also? I'm saying this because IMO the 2 parties in the grand scheme are essentially the same thing.

There is little if any honor in politics.

So if one cheats shouldn't that mean they both are cheating? The campaign has proven they will both do anything to get elected, so is cheating that much of a stretch?

Both parties have the same amount of power, money, control and connections to cheat and rig the voting. If one does it wouldn't the other?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by drock905]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything particularly fishy in this story (in my opinion if you're going to rig a machine you would do it so it does not display the fraud); having said that, I definitely wish we could get rid of the electronic voting machines altogether just because of the potential of abuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join