It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins:-"Touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved to McCain"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Guys

at least three early voters in Jackson County had a hard time voting for candidates they want to win.

Virginia Matheney and Calvin Thomas said touch-screen machines in the county clerk's office in Ripley kept switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.

"When I touched the screen for Barack Obama, the check mark moved from his box to the box indicating a vote for John McCain," said Matheney, who lives in Kenna.

When she reported the problem, she said, the poll worker in charge "responded that everything was all right. It was just that the screen was sensitive and I was touching the screen too hard. She instructed me to use only my fingernail."

Even after she began using her fingernail, Matheney said, the problem persisted.

www.wvgazette.com...

So guys i think same going to happen as its happen with al gore !!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by uncover_the_truth]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I am just looking what really happened in past
. [SNIP]
[edit on 19-10-2008 by uncover_the_truth]

Removed comment on the personality of a member

[edit on 19/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The topic is suspected voting machine fraud.

Please stick to that rather than each other.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by uncover_the_truth

Do you by chance have a link to where you got this information from?

link   
Wow, talk about ghost in the machine.
I want a paper ballot, please...

+1 more 
link   
I suppose its possible, but it seems a little too obvious. If you're going to cheat, do it right. You don't give outward visual clues that its happening. If this were intentional, I doubt that it would be so apparent.

It sounds like a malfunctioning machine to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Maybe the writers of this very intellectual show have had some experience with that very problem.

You know the saying. "Many a true word is spoken in jest.

If at first you don't succeed. CHEAT.!

[edit on 19-10-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
When will we ever learn? The sheeple called us conspiracy theorists, kooky nuts, paranoid, and all kinds of names when we talked about machines that dropped votes, counted negative votes, when there was wide-spread voter fraud and public disenfranchisement. Then when Diebold admitted their machines dropped votes, everyone shrugged their shoulders, and a few peons got sentenced.

We're so conditioned into being automatons. Do this, do that, don't argue, just do as you're told....right off the cliff.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 1011010110

I love the responses in here and the assertion that "it has only just now begun". Again, proof that it only natters when its happening to liberals. A left wing group closely aligned with Obama involved in voter fraud across the country? Who gives a damn?

We're so conditioned into being automatons.

Believe me, we know.....

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In coincidental timming someone posted a video about the election fraud and how the machines were rigged during the bush/gore elecetion yesterday

sorry i dont hav the link and have no idea what the post was called so searching could take a while

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

ACORN held a speech for MCCAIN! In 2006. So McCain also is using ACORN. Anyways, Republicans rigging the vote, why am I experiencing Deja Vu?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Link to Story West Virginia.

Marcus, ACORN isn't involved in Voter Fraud. :shk: They don't have anything to do with voting. They are involved in voter REGISTRATION fraud (which is being looked into), but those don't count for or against a candidate.

We all remember the actual voter fraud that "won" Bush the election. I only hope the right people (the honest people) can do something about this before it's too late and John McCain "wins"...

I'm emotionally prepared for another GOP-stolen election, though. Looks like it's a clear possibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
From page 2 of the article:

Deputy Secretary of State Sarah Bailey said, "When we received a call about this, we immediately called the county and told them to recalibrate the machines to make sure the finger-touch [area] lines up with the ballot.

"Sometimes machines can become miscalibrated when they are moved from storage facilities to early voting areas," Bailey said Friday. "We get a couple of calls about this each election year."

I don't know how many here have ever used a touch screen machine, but they do have to be recalibrated occasionally or they won't work properly. It is concerning that they didn't make sure they recalibrated these machines before they let voters use them, but it wasn't necessarily done with nefarious intentions. All it takes, in my experience, is one too many hard pushes to throw off the calibration, so it is also entirely possible that the first few people to use these particular machines pushed too hard when making their choice and that caused them to not work properly.

It's a machine. Machine's need maintenance occasionally to work properly. They should have checked the machines before letting anyone use them. BUT the users shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that their votes were being changed on purpose either.

EDIT: inserted missing word

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Calibrated shmalibrated, how often does anyone here have to re-calibrate their calculators?
Or telephones, "oops, sorry wrong number, I guess I have to recalibrate my phone."

Weight scales need re-calibration, not touch screens IMO.

Pure vote fraud, they are doing it again!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

We all remember the actual voter fraud that "won" Bush the election. I only hope the right people (the honest people) can do something about this before it's too late and John McCain "wins"...

Maybe you know something everyone else doesn't? As far as I know, its nothing more than a bunch of unproven accusations and sore loser syndrome. Bush won every recount, than won again in 2004, but damn that you guys are going to complain every election you lose.

Marcus, ACORN isn't involved in Voter Fraud. :shk: They don't have anything to do with voting. They are involved in voter REGISTRATION fraud (which is being looked into), but those don't count for or against a candidate.

Oh, well than its nothing at all to be worried about! Forget the fact Obama trained ACORN leaders and lied about an $800,000 donation! No, I'm sure there is nothing there at all! *snip*

Mod Edit: Removed politically inflammatory rhetoric.

[edit on 10/19/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Unproven that the majority of people banned from voting in Florida were only guilty of being black? You mean how the Supreme Court waited for Bush to get the lead in the vote count before voting to stop the recount? Could you imagine if it was the other way around? If the Dems had the majority on the SC and did the same thing the GOP did? Wait for Gore to have the lead then stop the count?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In the 2004 Presidential election, my husband and I went to the polls together. He tried to vote for Bush and at least two times his vote was changed to Kerry. My husband reported it to the polling place and they said that had happened numerous times throughout the day. I remember coming back and posting the experience here on ATS because everyone was so convinced that the polls were rigged in Bush's favor but it seemed to be the other way around.

The most important thing to remember is to check your votes before casting the final page. You can go back and make corrections as many times as necessary so if for some reason there is a glitch in the system and a candidate that you did not choose pops up, just go back and change it.

Be sure to report any problems to the supervisor at the polling place. I'm sure there will be some problems but it's up to the voter to be sure the answers are correct before pushing the final button which casts their vote.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I work with touchscreens alll day and it does happen. Not defending it. Honestly i think the dems will steal it this time around.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join