It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Islamaphobic History of Above Top Secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Islamaphobia a History of Above Top Secret.

I thought I would Acknowlege your complete hate towards Islam.

You all...

Say you seek the truth.

But you dont at all...

Instead you make topics insulting Islam saying they are Barbaric.

Your Goverment is welcoming Fascism with Open Arms and instead you make topics about How Islam is Bad.

Well have fun with the second Holocaust.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So you JUST signed up and you KNOW of the history of Hate towards Islam on this site, huh?

Could you please show us what you mean with links and references?

We cannot understand where you are coming from without examples. Site some and maybe we can shed some light on it.

Otherwise, we really cant help understand your point.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If you look hard enough, you will find posts that are phobic of just about anything on ATS. Please show us some "history" of islamaphobia on ATS as in a concerted effort by staff and members to smear Islam.

Your Goverment is welcoming Fascism with Open Arms and instead you make topics about How Islam is Bad.

Who's government are you talking about? The government of ATS? I bet you could find more anti-government threads than you can anti-Islam.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm not against Islam at all as most of my fellow members aren't. But i must add that how can i not see a religion that condones stoning a wife not barbaric?

My source you ask, because I've only just woke up i could only do a little net browsing but here you are anyway. www.answering-islam.org...

See at ATS we like to provide evidence for our claims, maybe you should consider that next time you insult us all.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Elemensa]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyLove

Well,what an incredibly ignorant way to introduce yourself to the site.

If you have been looking up the 'history of ATS' you will see members are very open towards ALL religions.

Please spend some more time on your 'research' before presenting your conclusions.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
WOW! So, You don't give your location, so, since I live in California I'll assume you joined in the last 4.07 hours.

Now, I lurked for a few months before joining and I know there can be some bigotry on these boards but to jump right out and make such a thread is just rude, especially here.

I really don't think you know how these forums work and frankly this is the WRONG way to start a topic.

What you wanted to do was ask a question in the topic like,

"Why is it that people are against Islam?" then in the post say something like,

"In this day and age in America I've noticed a lot of animosity across race lines and across party lines regarding those of the Islamic faith and maybe Middle Eastern folks in general(if that's what you're aiming at). What is it, if anything, that makes you againts these people? I understand that not everybody is against these people, but I'm talking to the people who are. Do you believe they're all against Americans? Do you believe they're all terrorists? What is it that scares you about them?"

Now, while I personally wouldn't care for this topic but, it is, I believe, at least promoting a stance towards non-ignorance.

Maybe try something LIKE that, something a little more productive, instead of what you did.

With what you made? Good luck man, if you don't edit your thread is about do die, or get RIPPED apart.

[edit on 10/19/2008 by stonespiral]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The OP is right. I have seen many threads. I did a search on Barbaric and Islam and I get many results. I don't think it is exclusive to ATS. Many people see it that way, across all western nations. The MSM also touts the same. Some more subtle than others. The method is clear. If you focus on the bad people of any one religion you can demonize and dismiss all of them. Islam is victim of that.
Just to show this is on page one of the search.

Results 1 - 10 for islam barbaric. (0.60 seconds)

Google
Custom Search
Ban the Teaching Of the Koran In, page 1
20 posts - 10 authors - Last post: 7 Jan 2007
A lot of the practices / beliefs etc tolerated or even actively encouraged by some followers of Islam can only be deemed barbaric and some ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread294082/pg1
CNN report on honor killings makes no mention of Islam., page 1
This is a barbaric practice based on arcane beliefs and is no more islamic then marrying your 13 yr old daughter to her 47 yr old uncle is christian. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread380998/pg1
Activists: 9 Iranians Convicted of Adultery Set to Be Stoned to ...
20 posts - 18 authors
You just had to involve Islam in to this, and the source is Foxnews hehe. ... please at least do some research before blaming Islam for this barbaric act. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread373401/pg2
NEWS: An Islamic Guide On How To Beat Your Wife, page 1
20 posts - 13 authors - Last post: 9 May 2005
If that failed, he argued that, according to Islamic law, ..... out in muslim countries for breaking their antiquated, often barbaric, laws. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread175308/pg1
Danish queen raps radical Islam, page 1
20 posts - 12 authors
Discusion about Danish queen raps radical Islam in the ... muslim scholars who preserved the ancient knowledge that the barbaric europeans were destroying? ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread134487/pg1
Muslim extremists conspiring to overthrow Great Britain, page 2
19 posts - 11 authors
It seems so barbaric, such a dark age time frame, but this is the time these .... after we are always attacked again by Islam, do find ourselves wondering, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread390916/pg2
Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands', page 1
19 posts - 15 authors - Last post: 9 Jan
But to speak out against their barbaric ways is 'racism'. ... "Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam." ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread387115/pg1
Girl set ablaze for wearing lipstick, page 1
Well, I am here right now to CRITICIZE this barbaric act and I say this has ... You are saying Islam supports this? Or are you saying Islam indirectly ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread402953/pg1 - 9 hours ago
Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?, page 3
20 posts - 10 authors
Both judaism and Islam allow men to access heaven based on the righteousness of thier deeds ... all three have been used as an excuse for barbaric violence, ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread75381/pg3
Muslim's stop publication of book about the life of Muhammad's ...
20 posts - 8 authors - Last post: 8 Sep
But before I would go calling out Islam as the sole religion out to ..... When will humanity wake up from its barbaric dreams and beliefs. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread380036/pg1

There are some who do not see it this way but there are some who do. But if you focus on the bad of ATSers you will surely find it and was that not just the thing you object to in your argument?

It is therefore wrong to say that ALL ATS is against Islam.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa But i must add that how can i not see a religion that condones stoning a wife not barbaric?

And how other religions see ours as barbaric when we can happily strap a guy to a chair and put 2000 volts through his head?

People in glass houses and all that..

Who are we to judge their system or vice versa?Until the NWO takes over and there is one law for the entire planet,then there are always going to be cultural differences.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

there you go, examples...

Now, I promise though that if you read through those threads there will be people defending Muslims and Islam as well as people bashing them. Your going to get people from both sides of the fence.. you cannot say ATS is biased against Muslims... some of its members; maybe. But there are plenty that will not sit back and just let the bigtory go unanswered.

ATS has NO OFFICIAL stance one way or another...

[edit on 10/19/2008 by TONE23]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyLove

You all...

Say you seek the truth.

But you dont at all...

I think your barbaric by coming here and saying we don't seek the truth, doesn't that acknowledge your complete hate towards ATS?

At ATS we deny ignorance, you have shown ignorance. I don't see any suitable evidence in which you base your claims. I myself see Christian bashing threads every day and threads attempting to discredit text from the bible, its give and take, don't get into a sissy fit just because you see an Islamic bashing thread, its not uncommon.

Well have fun with the second Holocaust.

What are you implying here?

[edit on 19-10-2008 by fill0000]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I guess i should tell you that i live in England and the whole death penalty thing is seen with disgust over here.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TONE23

That is also what I am saying. If you focus on the bad, you will surely find it. There are some who believe this, and there are some who don't. You cannot tar all of us with the same brush.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

exactly.... and thanks ...dude..hehe

We are not all barbaric savages you know...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Monkey, my grandparents are Muslim and they are the sweetest people I have EVER known.... Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

So do I,and you're right,we do think it's disgusting.
But they are still 'Christian' religions involved in Barbaric practises.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You all...

Say you seek the truth.

But you dont at all...

Well, in terms of accuracy, the topics created that are related to Islam tend to be about barbaric acts. I've yet to see a thread on this board about praying or reading the Koran put in a context where it's described as 'barbaric'. What tends to get commented on are pretty extreme examples, such as terrorism allegedly in the name of Islam, honour killings, the execution of homosexuals for simply being homosexuals and so on. In a lot of people's eyes, they warrant being described as 'barbaric' and I, for one, agree with them.

The other stuff, the stuff that Muslims do in between? Not even an issue for me. All I worry about - and I dare say this accounts for a lot of people - is the bad stuff and that goes for all demographics. All demographics have their idiots and criminals and you'll just have to honest enough that even Muslims have their own idiots and criminals. That's what most people on here are concerned about the idiot and criminal Muslims, not all Muslims.

There's a bizarre irony in the way you're trying to berate the members of this forum because of generalisations (real or not) about Muslims and Islam. Yet, here you are, using words like "complete", "you all" and "don't at all"

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
no doubt , ATS is loaded with america lovers and islam haters

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well if I can try to reasure you op, I find all religious institutions to be repulsive. Not spirituality, or belief, but the institutions.
They make people believe that they have to think the same way, or suffer a variety of torments in the afterlife.
They create war, hate and ignorance. They cripple people psychologically and spiritually.
And, they belive that they are RIGHT. They have the TRUTH, because it is written in some book or another.
So yeah, I hate the institutions of Islam.
But also the institutions of the catholic church, of scientology, of orthodoxy, of judaism etc, etc....
Here on ATS, we "deny ignorance" as you said, for me, religion is one of the greatest vectors of ignorance and control on the face of this planet.

This being said, salaam, fellow man. I know what religion can do to a man. I understand the globalising agressivity of your post, which only proves the points I made above.

PS, Islam is not knowledge. Knowledge of Islam is knowledge.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This may be a little off topic, but, don`t you think it`s a little funny how someone posts a topic like this, then doesn`t respond to questions, like they are trying to stir up a fight? I may be wrong, but I have seen it to many times in my life. Or is it that they don`t know how to respond to the people here? If I were to post something as this, I sure would be prepared to debate it, and not just cut and run.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just because people don't like Islam doesn't make them Islamaphobic.
Just like if people, such as Muslims, don't like homosexuality.
It doesn't make them homophobic.
They just don't like it, that's there choice.
People are allowed to like and dislike whatever the hell they want.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am a frequent visitor to this site and another that is called WWW.Alienshift.com the latter having islamic tone linking islam with current affairs and past affairs...how dare you proclaim a islamaphobia on this website the people i am often in contact with here on ats are not racist and seek the truth and deny ignorance....you my friend have ignited a whole new debate and i hope your ready for the flaming and the finger pointing you will now recieve.

Only one thing really to ask is do you want a fish to go with that chip on your shoulder?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join