It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Islam worship the pagan moon-god Allah?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Over the past day or two, I have had a discussion with a certain member over Islam and the nature of their faith. This persons claim was that Islam, is a pagan religion who is worshiping the moon God.

I personally have understood Islam as being an Abrahamic faith and Mohammed's revelation by God to him caused him to declare the God of Abraham.

That being said, I have seen the following points made regarding Islam:
I have listed them point by point and am asking others for their input and expertise in this matter; Muslims and Christians alike. Please read the following and feel free to point out aspects that are inaccurate, false or misleading or the truth.

1: Allah was a pagan moon-god. Muhammed's uncle and father had Allah in their names.

2:The pagan moon-god Allah was worshipped as follows:

3:Allah's symbol was that of the crescent moon.

4:A holy month was observed, from crescent moon to crescent moon.

5:The pagan moon-god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day.

6: Pagan pre-Islamic Arabs were required to make a pilgrimage to Mecca.

7: Pagan pre-Musliim Arabs ran aroud the temple of the moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone, a meteorite.

8: Killing an animal in sacrifice to the moon-god Allah.

9: Throwing stones at the devil.

10: Fasting for a month which begins and ends with the crescent moon.

11: This pagan moon-god Allah is the same Allah that is worshipped in the same, identical way.

12: Muhammed tried to integrate some of the Jewish teachings and Christian teachings into his new, improved moon-god worship, and they weren't buying. The only change he made was to compel them to drop the other gods, while keeping the pagan moon-god Allah, the one they knew so well.

Please keep in mind, the above points were presented to me, and do not represent my opinion or perspective on Islam.

My understanding as a man who believes in Jesus Christ, is that Mohammed had an experience where a voice came to him, much like Moses, Abraham, and others who have heard Gods Word and that he acted upon it.

What is the truth regarding Islam? Is it truly the continuation of a pagan faith that worshiped a moon God or an Abrahamic faith?

I welcome a polite discussion.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
peace be upon you

Firstly, I respect you knowledge and understanding on Islam, ie Islam being an Abrahamic faith, etc.

However, there shouldn't be any idea which equates Allah to a moon god. In my belief, Allah is The Almighty, The Creator. He is not what he created( the moon).

Should you need any specific clarification, i would be more than happy to help. ( i can only help so much, however)

peace

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hey HIFIGUY! Instead of starting a quote-fest here to respond to your points, I will just link to the relevant passages, and quote the small part necessary. I hope you don't mind this.

The moon-god of Pre-Islamic Arabia was 'Hubal'. History shows very clearly that Hubal and Allah were not considered the same. Here is a Hadith that shows this. The Pre-Islamic Meccans believed in a multitude of Gods, which included Hubal (as a moon-god), as well as Allah (who was the 'Sky-God' or main god at the head of their pantheon, with them claiming that the other gods were intercessors). So it isn't really strange that there were people with Allah in their names.

The arabs used the lunar calender, so all their months were from new moon to new moon (not just any holy month). The jews used a lunar calender as well. What Muhammad did was to remove the extra month that seemed to be always inserted in (by the Pre-Islamic Arabs as well as by the jews) to match it up with the solar year.

While in Muhammad's time, Hubal may have become the 'mascot' god of the Quraish (Muhammad's tribe), Hubal was definitely not the only idol there. There were about 365 idol gods in the ka'aba. When Mecca accepted Islam, Muhammad entered the ka'aba and broke all the idols. There was no idol of Allah. There was an idol of Hubal which he broke. I think there may have been a picture of Jesus that he also didn't destroy, but I can't tell exactly without looking it up.

Almost every religion in the world seems to practice (or advocate) animal sacrifice. In Mecca animals were sacrificed to Allah, as well as to many other idol-gods such as Hubal. The Pre-Islamic Arabs had no concept of a month of fasting, and didn't have any concept of a 'devil' to be throwing stones at.

There is nothing about moon-worship in Islam. I think the most clear and obvious proof for this are these from the Quran:

Surah Fussilat, Verse 37
Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Do not prostrate to the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve.

Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 189
They ask thee concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) men, and for Pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter your houses from the back: It is virtue if ye fear Allah. Enter houses through the proper doors: And fear Allah: That ye may prosper.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the references that I am about to use have been taken offline ,so I'm just going to relate what I learned

the Site at Mecca has been a gathering for local worship for 7,000 years,the Kabbah has been there for at least 6,000 years

Mohamed was pissed at the local religious monopoly that ran what basically the Saudi royal family runs today,the same rites and symbols involved in the old system that he took over are what is practiced today.

The Kabbah has a big blanket covering it to HIDE the fact that it is,the worlds oldest intact SHIVA SHRINE,IN ALL REAL REALITY ,it is covered with carvings of Shiva worship symbols

Inside the Kabbah is a stone that was originaly central to the worship of the original bedouin MOONGOD . I'm not sure when it found it's way into the Kabbah,but it vastly predated Mohamed

the rites associated with the Haj are almost unchanged from the ones associated in ancient times with Shiva worship.apparently Mecca was the farthest Shiva temple site that resulted from an ancient Arrayan invasion of this region

that's all I know

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

According to Islam, the Kaaba is the oldest house of worship in the world, so it wouldn't be surprising if it has a history going back at least 7000 years. The stone you speak of is called the Hajar-ul-Aswad: it is supposedly a meteor that fell from the heavens in the time of Adam and Eve. It is not inside the kaaba, but at one corner of it, outside.

I don't think there are any carvings on the Kaaba, seeing as the cover is removed and replaced twice a year so as to clean it. There are even a couple of pictures of it online that I found, that show no carvings.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

thanks babloyi

I'm trying to recite this stuff from memory
I'd like to find that stuff about the kabbah,you're right though it is the oldest place of worship still in use ,and continuous use at that .

I did know that it was a meteor , I do know that whatever they worship far predates Islam,and that the stone is central to it

lots of ancient cultures had a stone like this, the Lia Fail of Ireland for example
and there was one in the Temple of Amun in Egypt,some association of Gods authority is embedded in these rocks according to the worshipers ,loose the rock you loose the Authority of God. Steal the rock now YOU have the Authority of God , or something close to that

All I know is that all this is really interesting ,just goes to show how primeval we humans are. That so much of the politics and destiny of humanity is rock based ,amazing

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

does it really matter who believes what spiritually? The only concern is the basic foundation of all human spirituality....love, peace, forgiveness

Jesus
Buddha
Ghandi
Muhhammad
yo ho joe

they all were believers in love, peace, forgiveness..
I was a Christian and then studied it in a marketing perspective and discovered it is a cult. Look up the definition of a cult. It means to cultivate. The concern is whether is a nonjudgemental loving and peace based cult or is it biased?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hifiguy,

The fact that you are asking about Islam with a view of finding out the Truth is commendable. May God guide you to the truth you are searching for.

However, the best person you should ask about Islam is a practicing Muslim, if your intention is to know the truth.

My brother Babloyi here have already addressed some of the misconceptions about Islam that you have listed down I will add some more, God willing you will have a better understanding of Islam.

Your personal understanding of Islam being an Abrahamic faith is correct.

Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered. 2:136

The Prophet Muhammad is foretold in various Scriptures, in the Torah, Jesus' Gospel, The Book of Enoch and attested by the Holy Quran, God's Final Testament to mankind.

Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read." Isaiah 29:12

*The first revelation of the Holy Quran by the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the angel ordered him to read and he said I cannot read, three times he was commanded and he answered, I cannot read. The fact that the prophet cannot read is also testified in the Holy Quran.

Those who follow the messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them. He will enjoin on them that which is right and forbid them that which is wrong. He will make lawful for them all good things and prohibit for them only the foul; and he will relieve them of their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, and honour him, and help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful. Holy Quran 7:157

Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah to you all - (the messenger of) Him unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. There is no God save Him. He quickeneth and He giveth death. So believe in Allah and His messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write, who believeth in Allah and in His Words, and follow him that haply ye may be led aright. 7:158

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

* The Comforter promised by Jesus to his disciples is none other than the Prophet Muhammad, who spoke only that which he heard from the Angel Gabriel, this is echoed in Deuteronomy 18-19 spoken by Moses to the Israelites.

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. 19 If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.

The prophet like Moses coming from the brothers of Israelites which are none other than the Ismaelites, is the Prophet Muhammad, God has commanded the Children of Israel to listen to this prophet who will speak in His name whatsoever He will command Him to speak and whosoever will not listen to this prophet will be taken into account by God. The Holy Quran consisting of 114 Chapters all begins with the words " In The Name of God" exactly as prophesied by Moses and as promised by God.

The Book of Enoch prophesied the coming of the prophet Muhammad as the chief among 10,000.

"And Enoch also, the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14-15)"

"And he said, The LORD came from Si'-nai, and rose up from Se'-ir unto them; he shined forth from mount Pa'-ran [Mecca in Arabic], and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. (The King James Version Bible, Deuteronomy 33:2)

There is only one prophet from Arabia who conquered with 10,000 followers and brought down idolatry forever. He came with New Laws from God, the only prophet after Moses who was given Laws for the people to follow.

www.geocities.com...

Lo! those of mankind who have the best claim to Abraham are those who followed him, and this Prophet and those who believe (with him); and Allah is the Protecting Guardian of the believers. 3:68

Who is better in religion than he who surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good (to men) and followeth the tradition of Abraham, the upright? Allah (Himself) chose Abraham for friend. 4:125

Say: Lo! As for me, my Lord hath guided me unto a straight path, a right religion, the community of Abraham, the upright, who was no idolater. 6:161

And strive for Allah with the endeavour which is His right. He hath chosen you and hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship; the faith of your father Abraham (is yours). He hath named you Muslims of old time and in this (Scripture), that the messenger may be a witness against you, and that ye may be witnesses against mankind. So establish worship, pay the poor-due, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protecting friend. A blessed Patron and a blessed Helper. 22:78

Ponder on these words and ask for God's guidance. God guides whomever wills to be guided.

Peace!

[edit on 19-12-2008 by queenofangels_17]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I personally have understood Islam as being an Abrahamic faith and Mohammed's revelation by God to him caused him to declare the God of Abraham.

No. A being came to Muhammad while he was in a cave fasting and worshipping his God (Ar Rahman - moon god). The being told him to 'recite in the name of his lord!'. Long story short, this being never identified himself, or who God was. He told Muhammad to recite in the name of HIS (Muhammad's) lord. Since Muhammad's God was Ar Rahman that's who he chose. Muhammad ran home to tell his wife what happened and she took him to see her cousin Waraqa bin Naful. HE told Muhammad that this cave being was an Angel AND that it was Gabriel.

You can read the whole narration here

Later on, Muhammad wanted to convince the Jews to follow him, so he tried to get them to believe he was "just another prophet" in a long line. He played up his descendency from Ishmael but they did not accept this. This is what got him so angry with the Jews - they wouldn't abandon Judaism and follow him. The Christians too to a lesser extent. So Muhammad claimed Islam was the "continuation" of those two religions and liberally helped himself from their texts. The majority of the Quran is plageurized, bastardized Bible.

1: Allah was a pagan moon-god. Muhammed's uncle and father had Allah in their names.

"Allah" is simply a contraction of Al ilah which means The God. It was contracted to Allah and is the name of the Islamic deity. For someone to have 'Allah' in their name in the pre-Islamic period just meant "slave to the god".

Allah was a pagan moon God called Ar Rahman. He was one of the 365 pagan Gods housed in the Ka'bah (Muslim shrine in Mecca). Muhammad smashed all the other idols and kept Ar Rahman's idol. Its a black stone and its housed in the wall of the ka'bah to this day. Muslims line up to kiss it when they go on hajj. It was broken some years ago, and now its housed in a special alcove. You can see a picture of it here.

Anyway, Ar Rahman, the pagan moon god had three 'moon god' daughters. These are mentioned in the Quran, and are the subject of Salman Rushdie's famous book "The Satanic verses".

So the ahadith report, the meccans (who were still pagan's at the time) were upset at Muhammad's blatant mischief making in town so they went to him to make a deal. They offered a deal - worship our gods (pagan) for a year (like he used to) and then the next year we will all worship your gods.

Muhammad initially agreed to this, and "Allah" (Ar Rahman) 'sent down' these verses:

Quran 53:19-20

Have ye seen Lat. and 'Uzza,
And another, the third (goddess), Manat?

In essence, Muhammad (and Allah) were saying both religions were okay to follow (together) and Ar Rahman's "moon god" daughters could be called on as intercessors to Allah.

However, Muhammad soon changed his mind and had to fix the problem. Another revelation from Allah:

Quran 22:52-53
Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom:

That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrong-doers are in a schism far (from the Truth):

There! Muhammad and the Muslims were tested by allowing Satan to reveal the moon god daughter verses. Muhammad used the moon god daughters because Ar Rahman was the moon god and its logical that his sub-gods could intercede.

continued

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I don't know about this. However the origin of Allah (as Ar Rahman moon God) would be a plausible reason for this icon.

4:A holy month was observed, from crescent moon to crescent moon.

Yes. please click on the first link I provided in my previous post. Ramadan, as well as other fasts, as well as the Hajj pilgrimige, etc.. are all pagan rituals that Muhammad adapted for Islam.
In fact, when the being came to Muhammad in the cave, he was doing a ritual pagan fast.

5:The pagan moon-god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day.

No. The facing Mecca thing is entirely Islamic. Actually, Muhammad first told Muslims to face Jerusalem when they prayed, but then Muhammad had the falling out with the Jews over the "false prophet" allegations they threw at him, so he changed it to Mecca.

The pagan moon Gods were in buildings just like the ka'ba all over Arabia; it wasn't just Mecca (and there wasn't just one idol). There were no such requirements for praying facing the idols.

6: Pagan pre-Islamic Arabs were required to make a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Yes. if you research the hajj, EVERY element of it was practiced by the pagan Meccans BEFORE Islam. Yes there was a pilgrimige where people came from all over to do the hajj specifically in Mecca. But again, many different gods were worshipped in the ka'ba, not just the one.

7: Pagan pre-Musliim Arabs ran aroud the temple of the moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone, a meteorite.

Read above. It wasn't a "moon god" temple at the time. the "black stone" WAS the idol Ar Rahman, god of the moon. Muhammad had reverence for it since it was his "god of choice" and he kept it after he broke Ar Rahman (Allah) off from the pagan gods. Since Muhammad revered it so much, so do Muslims to this day. Yes they kiss it (link to picture of it in my previous post)

8: Killing an animal in sacrifice to the moon-god Allah.

Yes. They sacrifice animals by pulling their head to face Mecca, say a prayer to Allah over the animal and then slit its throat. However they do eat the meat of the animal (ie. its not just ceremonial)

9: Throwing stones at the devil.

Yes. Stoning iblis (satan) is part of the pagan/Islamic hajj ritual. Actually they throw stones at pillars representing the devil. picture here

10: Fasting for a month which begins and ends with the crescent moon.

They worked with the lunar calendar, so observing cycles of the moon was very important. Since they didn't ALL worship Ar Rahman I would not say this is exclusively a "moon god worshipping" trait, but a trait of the particular brand of pagan idol worship at the time. However fasting in this way is still done by Muslims today. The most famous being the Ramadan fast. This is where Muslims do not eat or drink anything AT ALL from sun up until sundown. They do this for 30 days. There are other fasts that they can do throughout the year, but they are not obligatory.

11: This pagan moon-god Allah is the same Allah that is worshipped in the same, identical way.

No, there are some differences. But as I said, Muhammad borrowed many of the pagan religious practices at the time and continued them in Islam. He also took from Jewish practices (ie. circumcision, no pork, etc..)

Continued (last one I promise!)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

12: Muhammed tried to integrate some of the Jewish teachings and Christian teachings into his new, improved moon-god worship, and they weren't buying. The only change he made was to compel them to drop the other gods, while keeping the pagan moon-god Allah, the one they knew so well.

Who are 'they'?
*Jews - Muhammad presented himself as a new prophet (at first). They checked the Torah and denied him. He then said he was the Messiah they've been waiting for. They told him to you-know-what. Muhammad then got angry at the Jews and started saying that they knew he was prophesied in their book (Taurat) but they were pretending it didn't say that so they could reject him.

*Christians: Muhammad said Jesus (Isa) was 'just another prophet' and not God. Christians did not accept him. The Quran says Jesus wasnt really crucified but that someone was crucified in his place. Also the Quran lays out that the ONLY unforgiveable sin in Islam is committing Shirk - that is associating partners with Allah. ie. the Christians who say god is "three".

*Pagans - Muhammad smashed all the other idols (except the black stone - Ar Rahman's idol) in the Ka'bah and took a lot of the pagan rituals for Islam. He also went around badmouthing the pagan religion and causing unrest. The pagans wanted to keep the peace, but eventually their patience ran out. They rejected him too.

The majority of the Quran is plageurized and bastardized Bible stories (and mirrored prophecy) with some pagan rituals thrown in. That's the bulk of it.

Please keep in mind, the above points were presented to me, and do not represent my opinion or perspective on Islam.

Me either. Just my 2.5 years of research.

My understanding as a man who believes in Jesus Christ, is that Mohammed had an experience where a voice came to him, much like Moses, Abraham, and others who have heard Gods Word and that he acted upon it.

My opinion is that he hallucinated the meeting in the cave.

What is the truth regarding Islam? Is it truly the continuation of a pagan faith that worshiped a moon God or an Abrahamic faith?

well a mix of both (read my previous posts).

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by HIFIGUY

There was no idol of Allah.

This is false. The black stone of the Ka'bah (as it is called today) is the stone idol of Allah the moon god.

The Pre-Islamic Arabs had no concept of a month of fasting, and didn't have any concept of a 'devil' to be throwing stones at.

I'm sorry but these are completely false as well. Muhammad was fasting in the cave when he had his encounter. Also, stoning iblis is a part of the PAGAN hajj pilgrimige which is DIRECTLY taken from pagan practices. Sure they may not have called it 'stoning iblis' but they DID the ritual. All of the hajj.

There is nothing about moon-worship in Islam. I think the most clear and obvious proof for this are these from the Quran:

Yes I quoted the Quran - the satanic verses to be exact.

Surah Fussilat, Verse 37
Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Do not prostrate to the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve.

Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 189
They ask thee concerning the New Moons. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in (the affairs of) men, and for Pilgrimage. It is no virtue if ye enter your houses from the back: It is virtue if ye fear Allah. Enter houses through the proper doors: And fear Allah: That ye may prosper.

yes these were 'revealed' after Muhammad rejected the Quariyash bargain and 'revealed' he had been 'inspired by Satan' ergo they can't be used to disprove the satanic verses of the fact that Allah was once a moon god.

However I do agree with you that Islam NOW has nothing to do with moon worship, but Muslims do, to this day, kiss and fondle the idol that represented that moon God (black stone).

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hesperornis

Hey Hesperornis!

You say you have studied islam for 2.5 years, so I would like to ask you some questions about what you've said in this thread.

First off, about this 'Rahman'. I know that 'Rahman' is one of the 99 names of Allah, but I'm not so sure about it's pagan roots. As far as I can tell, they come from the R-H-M triconsonantal roots (Hebrew: רחם) meaning 'merciful'. It'd be somewhat odd and convoluted if a (Abrahamicly) godly term entered arabic through hebrew, became a name of an arabic pagan deity and then again came back into Islamic use, don't you think?

Also, I see no connection to the moon god and the name Rahman. Can you please clarify where you got this from? I've heard the moon-god called 'Sin', called 'Baal', called 'Hubal', (and sometimes even 'Allah', which you rightly state is not really accurate), but never 'Rahman'. I've also not seen any reference to the black stone as being a god (either before, or after the advent of islam). It might have been reverred, but I can't find anywhere it is referred to as an idol. It wasn't carved, or shaped into any figure (although it was broken post-Muhammad, as you mentioned). Where did you get this information from?

Also about fasting...while I agree that there was fasting in pre-islamic arabia. you'll notice I said 'such a concept as a month of fasting'. While the pagan arabs may have fasted for a day or something (I don't believe it was standardised) as reparations for some sin they committed, I have not seen anything showing that they did it for an entire month.

Also about the pilgrimage...the Kaaba was a place of pretty high religious significance, it attracted more than just pagan arabs (I've read that even Christan arabs came for pilgrimage, and this would be supported by the fact that the Kaaba had pictures of Jesus and Mary inside, as well as Abraham), but there was no standard set of rites- every group did something different, all the way from going naked, or using horns, or clapping, or singing, or praying, poetry competitions, and hanging of the dead meat at the pillars of the Kaaba.

Could you also clarify please exactly what version of the satanic verses story you are propagating? Did Muhammad reject the verses immediately after relating them, or did he reject it a few years later, a few months later, etc? Did any of the pagans hear it? Exactly how many verses were 'satan-inspired'- just the 2, or more? How far did the news spread? I personally don't believe it to be true, since there are so many different contradictory versions, and the whole episode doesn't really make sense, and it just doesn't add up. Once again, while I've heard the 3 goddesses mentioned as being daughters of Allah, I've never heard of them in connection to 'Rahman'. Where did you get this?

Thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I would like to clarify for my believes that are true and hopefully Allah SWT will guide all who seek for the truth:

1. Allah was a pagan moon-god. Muhammed's uncle and father had Allah in their names.

This is of course is false as proven in Al Qur'an:

Surah Fussilat, Verse 37
Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Do not prostrate to the sun and the moon, but prostrate to Allah, Who created them, if it is Him ye wish to serve

You can say what you want to say, that Allah was used as an idol name pre-islamic, but Al Qur'an clearly states that that idol is not the same god as we moslems worship. WE DO NOT WORSHIP THE MOON!

It is confusing for me as I hear in movies and prayers of christians calling their god, their father with the name Allah and they say that their god (Allah) is different from our Allah, but they force us to say that our Allah is the same as the Allah idol, the moon god.

If you do a research on the history of hajj, you will know that hajj had started since Abraham (AS):

After building the Ka'ba, Abraham (AS) would come to Makkah to perform Hajj every year, and after his death, this practice was continued by his son. However, gradually with the passage of time, both the form and the goal of the Hajj rites were changed. As idolatry spread throughout Arabia, the Ka'ba lost its purity and idols were placed inside it. Its walls became covered with poems and paintings, including one of Jesus and his mother Maryam and eventually over 360 idols came to be placed around the Ka'ba.

During the Hajj period itself, the atmosphere around the sacred precincts of the Ka'ba was like a circus. Men and women would go round the Ka'ba naked, arguing that they should present themselves before Allah in the same condition they were born. Their prayer became devoid of all sincere remembrance of Allah and was instead reduced to a series of hand clapping, whistling and the blowing of horns.

Thus the people had totally abandoned the teachings of their forefather and leader Abraham (AS). The House that he had made pure for the worship of Allah alone, had been totally desecrated by the pagans and the rites which he had established were completely distorted by them.

So what Muhammad taught was not the ceremonies from the pagan worshipping rituals before his time that he made up and changed around, but fixing the wrong religious rites that were done after Abraham back to the right hajj that was done by Abraham and adding the rites with new teachings from Allah SWT. So it is not weird if the name Allah has been heard and used as a god name by them, since it has been used since Abraham, but they used it to be a name of a moon god.

It is said that islam will spread from mecca till the moon, and islam uses the lunar calender and the fasting is done from the crescent moon to crescent moon. That is why islam occasionally is linked to this symbol the crescent moon and a star seen on mosques.

But to clarify one thing that is very important:
Allah SWT forbids shirik, meaning that we are not allowed to worship symbols, statues, or any objects or other beings except Allah. We are not allowed to put our faith or fate on lucky charms or symbols, etc. What's important is our belief in Allah, that if we need help, we search for Allah's help. And we can do it by praying from anywhere, we don't need to be near a crescent symbol to do so, that is how close we are to Allah. So the crescent moon does not symbolize Allah nor does it symbolizes islam, we do not wear necklaces with the crescent moon and star, like christians wear the cross. What symbolizes islam is our words as it represents our hearts that we believe in Allah as our god and Allah alone.

CONTINUED

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
4. A holy month was observed, from crescent moon to crescent moon.
This month of fasting is not like the pagan ritual fasting. We have a reason to fast, we fast so we can feel how it is to feel to be like very poor people, that is why very poor people are not obligatory to do this fasting. And the fasting is not only a fasting of not eating, but more of a 'speak no evil, hear no evil, see no evil' thing. We fast from doing bad, saying bad, talking bad, from all sins. This is so we can stay humble and help each other, and not be selfish for ourselves. That is why, in this month we are also told to do much charity, giving money to poor people and orphanages. So as you can see, Allah orders us to fast not for the good of Allah himself but for the good of ourselves and others. This month is our chance to get Allah's respect for us, as we respect others, by doing good. So it is not a way to torture us, to prove our obedience, NO! it is Allah's way of teaching us to be better people, in our case, better moslems.

So the very concept that Allah teaches us through Muhammad of our religious fasting is so much different from the pagans.

No. The facing Mecca thing is entirely Islamic. Actually, Muhammad first told Muslims to face Jerusalem when they prayed.

The pagan moon Gods were in buildings just like the ka'ba all over Arabia; it wasn't just Mecca (and there wasn't just one idol). There were no such requirements for praying facing the idols.

This is true, and then Allah that told Muhammad to change it to Mecca.

I won't say much of this, but it is not obligatory for us to kiss the stone, touching it is already lucky. We do not worship this stone, and it is not an idol, it is not a figure like statue, and we do not refer it as Allah, we call it Hajar Al Aswad. And it does not have certain powers, as I've explained everything comes from Allah, if it works miracles then that miracles comes from Allah not from the stone. It is one wonder from Allah that we honor but we do not worship.

But a question from me, as you question my religion:
What say of christians kissing their cross necklaces? Does it mean that you worship the cross? no right?

8: Killing an animal in sacrifice to the moon-god Allah, and throwing stones at the devil.
These can be answered together. This is also like our religious fasting, the concept is soooo much different than the pagans.

The reason also starts from Abraham (AS). Abraham was told to cut off his son's head, Ishmael (AS). This was Allah's test for Abraham, if he would have faith in Allah, that Allah knows best, and to see if Abraham could trust Allah, as Abraham would be the father of many prophets to come, he had many tests. On his way to do his order, Abraham, Hagar his wife and Ishmael were encountered by satan and satan tried to persuade each of them to question Allah's order and abandon the order. And each of them threw stones to satan. This is why we do this throwing at hajj. As Abraham cut off his son's head, Allah made a miracle in changing his son to a goat, and so Ishmael was saved. And from then on, Allah had ordered that each year, the moslems should do a ritual to cut off those animals head in god's name to be eaten by us. It is not a sacrifice to Allah, but it is for us from Allah. The moslems buy the animals to be cut and then shared to the poor, or be given to families and neighbors. So at least once a year, a poor family, or orphan can eat meat.

The throwing of the stones reminds us to always be careful of satan, and always follow Allah's ways.

CONTINUED

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
11: This pagan moon-god Allah is the same Allah that is worshipped in the same, identical way
After reading my writing you surely must say that they are totally different.

my comment about this:
History although some are preserved in writings are still the past, mysteries that we still question and don't know for 100% sure. Some say that islam started after Muhammad, when actually it has started since Adam, because islam is about Allah as god, and although the name islam started since Muhammad, the concept has started since Adam. This is our religious belief. Muhammad taught us to pray 5 times a day, and one miracle that the word islam represents are the 5 prays that we do in order: Isya, subuh, lohor (zuhur), ashar, and maghrib. These are points that I represent to you, and I too have writings of these history, it comes back to what you want to believe right? For me I search my heart, and as I have seen my own miracles from Allah, I am and always will be a moslem.

But, above all, one thing I ask, in peace, that all to respect our Muhammad SAW, for he was a very respectful and good man and leader. After reading my writing, you will know the concepts of our religious rites and the reason behind them that are for good of men. All of those reasons are stated in Al-Qur'an. If as you believe, Muhammad had made them all up, and were not words of God, then I ask you: could a crazy, hallucinating man, easily angry, and wanting so much attention, make all those wise, humble reasons for the religious rites? If you still think that he made them up, at least you could respect him more as a wise and humble man that he was. So please stop making accusations of him, for he is of a greater man.

He is our prophet and the last of the prophets.

new topics

top topics

join