It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' YouTube-inspired site AQSATUBE hits the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Earth Times 10/15-

"This site shows the latest Palestinian and Arab audios and videos about the politics, sport, jihad and many things that it would take so long to list here," the "About Us" section of the site says.

That, in and of itself is classic. You know, I like painting, horses, jihad.

Gaza City - Featuring content ranging from relatively conservative Syrian social drama to videos glorifying al-Qaeda, the Islamic Hamas movement has launched its answer to the popular YouTube internet site. The Hamas version, AqsaTube, shows real-time videos about the Islamist movement and is, the website wrote in its introduction about itself, "the first Palestinian website specializing in Islamic and jihad audio-visual productions."

Of course, there is nothing wrong with the forum, imo. I think you tube liveleak and such all have suicide/jihadi missions available.

Hamas internet forums have launched a campaign, urging their members to show solidarity and sympathy with AqsaTube in the wake of European reports that accused the website of encouraging terrorism.

"Where is the freedom of expression that the West used to call for?" a member of the Palestinian Dialogue Network, a Hamas forum, wrote. "This exposes the West's blemishes."

Agreed. Let them post - it will be an easier way for the intelligence services to monitor them regardless. Besides, is anyone surprised? The knock off seasame street and Mickey mouse murders, why not Aqsatube? And why did they have to throw in "tube" at the end? Come on, it's the 00's here, don't they have a German marketing firm?

www.earthtimes.org...

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It hit the internet then fell!

It appears to have been taken down, according to a bbc article.

lol

I wonder who made the site for them ? Imagine it,

Sayyid:"this is Ahmed, he'll make our site for us to put our videos onto to show the West how we roll !"

Akbar:"Can I post that funny video with the dog with the weird leg that tries to scratch the dog's head but the dog wants to attack it like it like we want to attack the West, except we'll not bite them ?"

Sayyid:"Shut up or I'll behead you"

Good times !

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral_insignia

It's already down?
Do you have a link? This has the makings of some pretty incredible material - on the comedy side, I'd rather see it work. It's almost as if you can't make it up - the 'About Us" section alone has surely inspired many filmmakers.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sweet... Almost seems a bit like LiveLeak.

Farfur the mouse rocks.

au.youtube.com...

I wish they constructively work toward a Palestinian state - blowing people up doesn't help the cause.

Having said that, I hope they in fact continue the cause, ignoring all of this "God's chosen people" BS we constantly hear from the Israelis and fanatical right-wing Christians.

"Oh noes, he's a terrorist!"

top topics

join